Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by 1Player, Feb 1, 2012.

Feb 1, 2012
  1. 1Player
    OP

Member 1Player GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]

The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware. Looks like the Wii U will follow that trend.
    This means developers who makes games for the PS4 and/or the next XBOX and wants to port it to the Wii U will have to water it down just like the Wii.

source: http://www.xbitlabs....ce_Console.html

2. PyroSpark

Member PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Looks like I won't be getting it, then. Nintendo, gotta get with the times.

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    No, no it does not. The games released for the PS3 nowadays are only watered-down because of the little RAM available, and the WiiU has a faster processor and more RAM available.

This "means" that its life-cycle will be shorter then that of the PS4 and the NextBox. Your interpretation is inaccurate.

To elaborate on that, it's physically impossible nowadays to create games more complex then the ones we have now, for numerous reasons. Development time is already stretched beyond proportion and so are the development costs.

We are not standing on the edge of a graphics revolution - we're nowhere near it. The WiiU will fare just fine.

9 people like this.
  4. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    Theyre going to be too busy porting PS3 and XBox 360 games...

5. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Can I quote something from our fellow temp @[member='chartube12']

Advances which just boost it to hardware years ago and an exclusive tablet controller isn't going to do you any good, Nintendo.

Unless you prove me wrong.

6. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Valwin posts a thread and now 1Player. The trolling balance has been somewhat readdressed.

11 people like this.
  7. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Same as every other gen then. [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Gamers are a fickle bunch...

2 people like this.
  9. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    People...didn't...expect this? Nintendo never goes for the most power hardware. If anything, this means the WiiU will be more affordable. Like the 3DS(or are they losing money on this again?) is quite inferior to the PSVita. Price means everything, lower the price, the more it'll be bought(usually). Besides, the WiiU was announced prior, of course it'll have inferior hardware. But it'll have a superior pricetag. Just like the Wii. Just like the 3DS.

3 people like this.
  10. wrettcaughn

United States
    precisely.

Personally, I can't wait to shell out >$500 for the next PS/Xbox

11. Zeroneo

Member Zeroneo GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    *sigh* This is false. The author of this article simply selected some things from the Nintendo Q&A and ignored the others. What Iwata talks about is that Nintendo games won't be like the ones in other consoles, as in they all won't take years and years to develop. Modern game journalism at it's finest.

4 people like this.
  12. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Gamecube was more powerful than PS2.

3DS is more capable than the Vita if you think 3D is worth it (I think that.) But Vita will still be cool.

Fuck the Wii U, fuckin Nintendo and their stupid tablet gimmick. I couldn't possibly think of enough unique gameplay elements to justify hugely gimped specs. When DS was announced, there were a ton of great concepts right away, tons of devs were excited. Same with Wii, same with 3DS. Only a handful for Wii U, and I haven't seen any tech demos worth giving a shit about except for that FPS with motion control. But they can obviously put that kind of control scheme in the 3DS.

13. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    What a load of shit.

This was the exact quote.
    Nintendo was referring to the fact that not all their Wii U games will have huge budgets and be "engaged in the power race" which makes sense for things like WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven. And that other games like Zelda will have good graphics.

You guys should read things first instead of posting a bunch of crap to boost your post count.

10 people like this.
  14. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The journalists are fucking dumb! What Iwata said is posted in the Q&A I linked. The opening poster should know more than to post this bullshit.

In no way Iwata said the Wii is inferior (weakly built), he just said that it isn't in direct competition with the next x-box/playstation. That doesn't mean it'll be under powered, just they want to focus on more other features to differentiate itself from the competitor.

3 people like this.
  15. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    by going to that source there lots of great wiiu info like their aproach with third party ect

1players thanks for letting people know how great the wiiu is because that source is full of great wiiu news

also you suck at news you try to make the wiiu look bad with no proof cuz the source shows YOU lie

16. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    I don't see a problem here. Why is this news?

5 people like this.
  17. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Gamecube? Nintendo64? Suprisingly, VirtualBoy (32-Bit processor in a portable - what can you say)?
    Yes.
    Explains why the vastly inferior 3DS was sold at launch for just as much as the Vita is now.
    Irrelevant. NextBox and the WiiU were in development roughly at the same time, and I can't help but suspect that so is the PS4. Development takes years, throughout it, differences when it comes to hardware sort of blur. It would be a different situation were the WiiU released already and PS4/NextBox developers had the time to step it up. Which they don't.
    Quantity over Quality or Quality over Quantity? This time, the WiiU is in my opinion in the healthy centere, much like the XBox360 was last generation. Not too beefy, not too slow. Just right.
    3D being the selling point? Really?

You know it's just the matter of the screen used and a programming layer that displayes the final image in interlaced slits?

Even the PSP is capable of 3D display - it's just using a homebrew plugin to achieve it and you need glasses to use it since the display is not capable of glasses-less 3D. Nevertheless, the PSP does it, and the 3DS is twice or even three times more powerful, so how's that an achievement?

18. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Posting this once more so people can clearly see, thread should be closed. It's a very incorrect article.

Close thread please.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    who the fuck cares?! I just want to play nintendo exclusives on the thing!
    If I want the most amazing graphics, I will go and buy a Jaguar

4 people like this.
  20. wrettcaughn

United States
    if this isn't the pot calling the kettle a troll...