Hacking Nintendo Wii To DS Idea

ForTheWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the nintendo DS has a small bit of on board storage. i know also that the wii can transmit data to the nintendo DS. Is it possible for say someone to make some home brew software to send demos or even homebrew to the DS? i remember i hosted a demo hub from my computer to send out to me and my friends DS at one point in time. It would be pretty cool being able to play some homebrew thats hosted on your SD Card without having to own a flash card for the NDS.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
ForTheWii said:
I know the nintendo DS has a small bit of on board storage. i know also that the wii can transmit data to the nintendo DS. Is it possible for say someone to make some home brew software to send demos or even homebrew to the DS? i remember i hosted a demo hub from my computer to send out to me and my friends DS at one point in time. It would be pretty cool being able to play some homebrew thats hosted on your SD Card without having to own a flash card for the NDS.
The Nintendo channel does that. Anything sent to an un-flashed DS must be RSA encrypted.

ForTheWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
It already exists, for official demos it works for every DS, but for homebrew the DS must be flashed.
Homebrew version already exists to run any demo you want? Or just the offical nintendo channel BS? I was thinking of like say a Home brew channel version of it so we can choose what demos we want to send to the DS

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
ForTheWii said:
coolbho3000 said:
It already exists, for official demos it works for every DS, but for homebrew the DS must be flashed.
Homebrew version already exists to run any demo you want? Or just the offical nintendo channel BS? I was thinking of like say a Home brew channel version of it so we can choose what demos we want to send to the DS
A homebrew client for the PC that sends demos to the DS.

You need a specific type of PCI WiFi card and signed demos for it to work.

http://www.aaronrogers.com/nintendods/wifime.php

ForTheWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
ForTheWii said:
coolbho3000 said:
A homebrew client for the PC that sends demos to the DS.

You need a specific type of PCI WiFi card and signed demos for it to work.

http://www.aaronrogers.com/nintendods/wifime.php
Yeah, thats the one i used ages ago - It would be cool to see that in wii form sense we know the wii is compatible with sending the DS Demos without having to go out and buy a new WIFI thing

nwiifletch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about something similar. I have a passkey1 and I recently got a DSLite. Is it possible to send Flashme to the DSlite through the wii which would save me a little cash so I wouldn't have to buy the newest Passkey and I can continue to enjoy my DS homebrew on a brighter screen than my regular DS. My WIFI card is not compatible with the wifime so maybe the Wii would be. Thanks for any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo