Hacking Nintendo wants my WiiU sent in for a problem..

turnandpull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii has been softmodded and I have a NAND backup. Is there a recommended process to "cleaning up" the vWii to avoid warranty issues? I understand that there's no way to "virginize" the console but my problem has nothing to do with the vWii mode and I'm wondering if any steps should be taken to mask my machinations other than deleting obvious channels such as "Homebrew Channel" and my Nintendont forwarding channel.

I fully understand and accept that it was my choice to mod the console and that if I'm up crap creek it's my own fault; I just want an honest assessment of the odds of them checking/caring before I ship it out. Honestly with the new Wii U transfer tool I can just purchase a new console from a retailer; do the account transfer and then return it with my console swapped out.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii has been softmodded and I have a NAND backup. Is there a recommended process to "cleaning up" the vWii to avoid warranty issues? I understand that there's no way to "virginize" the console but my problem has nothing to do with the vWii mode and I'm wondering if any steps should be taken to mask my machinations other than deleting obvious channels such as "Homebrew Channel" and my Nintendont forwarding channel.

I fully understand and accept that it was my choice to mod the console and that if I'm up crap creek it's my own fault; I just want an honest assessment of the odds of them checking/caring before I ship it out. Honestly with the new Wii U transfer tool I can just purchase a new console from a retailer; do the account transfer and then return it with my console swapped out.

You do NOT have to be too specific but why is Nintendo demanding your WiiU be sent in?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Well, it's difficult to virginize the console, speccially the vWii, the only thing I can say to you is delete all the Homebrew Channel and other channels like it, that could skip Nintendo suspecs.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's difficult to virginize the console, speccially the vWii, the only thing I can say to you is delete all the Homebrew Channel and other channels like it, that could skip Nintendo suspecs.

Delay deleting things.
If you delete incorrectly, you maybe locked out of modifications to your vWii NAND.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only saying that he could use the system channel deleter, only that, he can delete Homebrew Channel and the Nintendont forwarder, it will be difficult to restore all clean vIOS.

This is THE reason you NEVER uninstall the HomeBrew Channel ( HBC ) :
Unless you have created your own never been release ARM exploit for the WiiU/vWii that you can install without the HomeBrew Channel, NEVER delete the HomeBrew Channel.
If you still are going to delete the HomeBrew Channel, then you should expect the HomeBrew Channel to NEVER work on your vWii system,again.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is THE reason you NEVER uninstall the HomeBrew Channel ( HBC ) :
Unless you have created your own never been release ARM exploit for the WiiU/vWii that you can install without the HomeBrew Channel, NEVER delete the HomeBrew Channel.
If you still are going to delete the HomeBrew Channel, then you should expect the HomeBrew Channel to NEVER work on your vWii system,again.

Oh, in Wii I have unistalled Homebrew Channel a lot of time and I can intalling again without problems in 4.3U Wii, anyway, this is the only way he can "virginize" the vWii, if he will gave it to Nintendo, if not, he don't need to do nothing.

turnandpull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a post earlier that was deleted recommending I use the smashstack exploit in conjunction with DOPMii and Anytitle Deleter to remove any IOS above 200 and remove the suspect channels... is that not a good direction to go in? I would like to be able to re-install the homebrew channel after a repair; although I suspect if I send it in it will be swapped out with a functioning refurbed unit. Thanks for this discussion; I will hold off on any modification until some of the different ideas are hashed out.

I should say I followed the stickied guide above to softmod my vWii initially and have done nothing but the initial softmod and adding forwarders for Nintendont and a Homebrew Channel Forwarder that pathes in widescreen support.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a post earlier that was deleted recommending I use the smashstack exploit in conjunction with DOPMii and Anytitle Deleter to remove any IOS above 200 and remove the suspect channels... is that not a good direction to go in? I would like to be able to re-install the homebrew channel after a repair; although I suspect if I send it in it will be swapped out with a functioning refurbed unit. Thanks for this discussion; I will hold off on any modification until some of the different ideas are hashed out.

What is the problem that Nintendo wants to fix on your WiiU/vWii?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I should say I followed the stickied guide above to softmod my vWii initially and have done nothing but the initial softmod and adding forwarders for Nintendont and a Homebrew Channel Forwarder that pathes in widescreen support.

I will try to delete my Homebrew channel only to confirm is it could be installed again, I don't care lose The Homebrew Channel because I have a Wii with it.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to delete my Homebrew channel only to confirm is it could be installed again, I don't care lose The Homebrew Channel because I have a Wii with it.

EDIT: Bug_Checker_ I deleted my Homebrew Channel and then used the exploit Bathaxx to reinstall, and it worked succefully, so turnandpull , you can delete your Homebrew Channel and then using the same exploit install again, delete all your homebrew forwarders, and the homebrew channel, it's safe.

Sometimes people do NOT fully understand what they say/do.
The reason why it worked for YOU is because your system was NOT screwed up.
For others that suggestion could be DEADLY.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL