Misc Nintendo USB Wifi turned SoftAP

kirra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can connect perfectly with Nintendo WFC. When I go into the WFC Setup I can test the connection and it comes out to be successful. I can even play a game of Starfox online with anyone.

However when I try to use BeUp, IRCDS, or DSOrganize with the firmware (Nintendo WFC settings) it won't connect! I always fail to connect.
frown.gif

Any ideas or thoughts?

Edit: I'm using R4 with 1GB Kingston (TW)

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had to change 3 things in my setup to get the homebrew to connect via my router, Enable SSID Broadcast, 64-bit wep (instead of 128-bit) and set a static ip. (none of which i really care for)

anyways, i dunno if that'll help you at all
tongue.gif

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When you switch between homebrew and games you have to switch the network mode in the SoftAP from secured to open and vise versa.

kirra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have SSID on broadcast, 64-Bit WEP, and static IP (instead of automatic), and then instead of Shared I put Open...

Still getting a Fail! for homebrew
frown.gif
. Nintendo WFC still works with all those settings. Thanks for the suggestions so far though.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you manually add all the info to the WFC settings? homebrew won't work when you set the info to automatic retrieval

kirra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I set up the settings manually. But there is no way to do it automatically.

Edit: I think I kinda figured it out... but the only way for me to connect is when I start up beup I have to go to my computer, disable the Wireless Network Connection and then re-enable it, it is only then that beup picks up the connection and brings me to the login screen. I type in my info and it connects.

Any ideas?

Renzo2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup is identical to Kirras right down to the MicroSD card. The situation is the same and I'm having the same exact problem.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is the connection infomation in the first slot connection on the DS (you know how you can have three different connections, set it up in the far left one). As of the moment homebrew can only use the first slot connection.

Renzo2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.

I followed this guide to the letter.

Edit: I've been looking around a lot. I've seen tons of people ask the same question I've been asking, yet I haven't seen an answer. But every time somebody asks how they can get homebrew to work on their DS with the Nintendo Wifi USB, they're told to put it in SoftAP mode.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Em i had no problem for my NDS to use Beup or other network homebrew on my R4. I have a 128-bit encryption on my wireless network and i have my DS set on automatic, the only thing i entered was the security code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon