Hardware Nintendo Switch XL

cheesypr09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long before Nintendo will announce Nintendo Switch XL?

Don't get me wrong, I like the switch, but sure could use a bigger screen and bigger controllers...

Reactions: thorasgar

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got to agree with you. I finally just got to test the switch from a friend of mine, I've got fairly big hands and the controllers and buttons felt really small to me, I would easily cramp up play this thing for too long... In general the height of the console isn't high enough for me to hold it comfortably. A switch XL would be perfect for me.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Even if the switch doesn't get a size upgrade, it will most certainly receive a midlife hardware update, which seems to be the (greedy) trend these days, leaving the early adopters in the dust with software and features that only work on the more powerful updated hardware.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the xl is just plugging it into a tv and buying a pro controller
nintendo has never done a revision of a home console at least not one with positive notable changes i wouldn't hold my breath

Reactions: Nemix77

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo has never done a revision of a home console at least not one with positive notable changes i wouldn't hold my breath
You can't see a 9.7" Switch Air 2? :rolleyes: Just think of the beast of a battery they could put in that thing.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AV Famicom says hello.

Also the Super Famicom Jr / SNES Mini, in that they produced a superior video signal. But SFCjr/SNESmini only half count, since even though a better video signal lurked on its mobo, Nintendo for some reason limited the actual output to composite only. You have to mod the console to get S-video and/or RGB out, but when you do, it's the best.

But generally you're right - except for those examples Nintendo hasn't done a revision on a home console since that wasn't a downgrade. Then again, the Switch isn't a dedicated home console.

Reactions: Vorde

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An XL, dunno. A revision, probably at least couple of years. Doesn't make sense to confuse consumers so early into the console's lifespan. I swear if it's called a New Switch though.

Also, for people who have a problem with its size would you say you have large palms or long digits because despite the fact I'm rocking somewhat obscene piano hands I've never had comfort issues when playing with any sort of game controller/console?

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Apparently, while watching certain youtube channel, someone found that the memory of the Switch is detachable.
Also, that memory is about 32GB in space (I don't own a Switch, so you owners should know better)
A single game is about 14GB in size. So, having multiple digital copies of games in you Switch is not possible in the near future.
My guess is that:
1.- Nintendo will release bigger detachable memories.
2.- Nintendo will release a XL or DELUXE version of the Switch that will have double the memory and size. This with the excuse that:
"People really enjoy our games, so we decided to create a bigger console, with bigger screen and bigger memory, so you can enjoy your games with your friends at your home"
3.- I WAS FORST!
FURST! FARTS!
Captura.PNG

Besides, have you seen the "Painful Switch Launch" video?
My guess is that is has something to do with the graphics card, so Nintendo will fix that in future releases of the console.
NO?

Last edited by Gizametalman,

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is the Switch XL, it is already too big and too heavy for me, the same applies to the Wii-U gamepad. I hope Nintendo releases a smaller, 3DSXL-sized version.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd prefer a "2DS" version of the Switch, like with joycons that you can't remove, better battery, maybe no HD Rumble or whatever... in other words, a version with whatever is useful in the Switch but without whatever is useless (or even annoying!), and for a lower price.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol as usual, half the thread wants it bigger, half the thread wants it smaller, and the grass is always greener on the other side. I'd say this means Nintendo probably found the perfect middle ground. :D

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Switch is the Switch XL, it is already too big and too heavy for me, the same applies to the Wii-U gamepad. I hope Nintendo releases a smaller, 3DSXL-sized version.
What are you, 6 years old? They are both far from heavy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night