Nintendo Switch XL

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by cheesypr09, Mar 14, 2017.

1. cheesypr09
    OP

cheesypr09 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    How long before Nintendo will announce Nintendo Switch XL?

Don't get me wrong, I like the switch, but sure could use a bigger screen and bigger controllers...

thorasgar likes this.

2. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    I got to agree with you. I finally just got to test the switch from a friend of mine, I've got fairly big hands and the controllers and buttons felt really small to me, I would easily cramp up play this thing for too long... In general the height of the console isn't high enough for me to hold it comfortably. A switch XL would be perfect for me.

3. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Even if the switch doesn't get a size upgrade, it will most certainly receive a midlife hardware update, which seems to be the (greedy) trend these days, leaving the early adopters in the dust with software and features that only work on the more powerful updated hardware.

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    People already complain that the system "isn't portable".

Xzi, zoogie and thorasgar like this.
  5. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    i think the xl is just plugging it into a tv and buying a pro controller
    nintendo has never done a revision of a home console at least not one with positive notable changes i wouldn't hold my breath

Nemix77 likes this.
  6. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    The real question is when will shit posts like this end?

7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You can't see a 9.7" Switch Air 2? :rolleyes: Just think of the beast of a battery they could put in that thing.

8. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    AV Famicom says hello.

Also the Super Famicom Jr / SNES Mini, in that they produced a superior video signal. But SFCjr/SNESmini only half count, since even though a better video signal lurked on its mobo, Nintendo for some reason limited the actual output to composite only. You have to mod the console to get S-video and/or RGB out, but when you do, it's the best.

But generally you're right - except for those examples Nintendo hasn't done a revision on a home console since that wasn't a downgrade. Then again, the Switch isn't a dedicated home console.

Vorde likes this.
  9. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    An XL, dunno. A revision, probably at least couple of years. Doesn't make sense to confuse consumers so early into the console's lifespan. I swear if it's called a New Switch though.

Also, for people who have a problem with its size would you say you have large palms or long digits because despite the fact I'm rocking somewhat obscene piano hands I've never had comfort issues when playing with any sort of game controller/console?

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  10. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    It really needs to get smaller actually.

11. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    There was a joke article about a Switch XL in the latest GameInformer.

12. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Apparently, while watching certain youtube channel, someone found that the memory of the Switch is detachable.
    Also, that memory is about 32GB in space (I don't own a Switch, so you owners should know better)
    A single game is about 14GB in size. So, having multiple digital copies of games in you Switch is not possible in the near future.
    My guess is that:
    1.- Nintendo will release bigger detachable memories.
    2.- Nintendo will release a XL or DELUXE version of the Switch that will have double the memory and size. This with the excuse that:
    "People really enjoy our games, so we decided to create a bigger console, with bigger screen and bigger memory, so you can enjoy your games with your friends at your home"
    3.- I WAS FORST!
    FURST! FARTS!
    Captura.PNG

Besides, have you seen the "Painful Switch Launch" video?
    My guess is that is has something to do with the graphics card, so Nintendo will fix that in future releases of the console.
    NO?

Last edited by Gizametalman, Mar 14, 2017
  13. badpix11

badpix11 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Fairy World
    I would be useless without a bigger battery

14. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    I would prefer a Switch Lite.

15. Enteking

Enteking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    The Switch is the Switch XL, it is already too big and too heavy for me, the same applies to the Wii-U gamepad. I hope Nintendo releases a smaller, 3DSXL-sized version.

16. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I'd prefer a "2DS" version of the Switch, like with joycons that you can't remove, better battery, maybe no HD Rumble or whatever... in other words, a version with whatever is useful in the Switch but without whatever is useless (or even annoying!), and for a lower price.

17. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    I do kind of like the idea of a Switch Lite, as the other posted said, kind of 3ds XL sized

18. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Lol as usual, half the thread wants it bigger, half the thread wants it smaller, and the grass is always greener on the other side. I'd say this means Nintendo probably found the perfect middle ground. :D

19. Vorde

Vorde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    What are you, 6 years old? They are both far from heavy.

20. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Uh... you know the Switch has a microSD-Slot, right?
    Also, ditch that useless big font. It's annoying. You're annoying.