Hardware Nintendo Switch Technical Specifications Discussion

What SoC do you think the Nintendo Switch will use? + Reasons in thread.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a dev kit and UE4 Master Branch (I believe several dozen bucks a month) for that. And at this point sharing footage online means violating terms with big N, so why should they throw their jobs away.
Ok, but people have said they've seen something of interest regarding the switch running UE4, but I haven't heard any details.. I can't find a post about it, but I'm guessing there is one in this thread somewhere. UE4? What preset? What kind of environment? What was it rendering? How many models? How detailed are the models? Physics? Particle effects? AI? UE4 is a flexible engine, it could run on low end hardware if it's not rendering much. Id like to hear some details. The details are important.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$300 and paid online service. No. Why, Nintendo, why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Foxconn leak matches unexpectedly well. Like the kickstand is on the opposite side.
March 3rd along with breath of the wild launch. No info on the soc capabilities, but I am willing to go with Foxconn leak.

Last edited by Yil,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
$300 and paid online service. No. Why, Nintendo, why?

Foxconn leak matches unexpectedly well. Like the kickstand is on the opposite side.
March 3rd along with breath of the wild launch. No info on the soc capabilities, but I am willing to go with Foxconn leak.

Well, if the Foxconn leak is true then at least the console won't be underpowered.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the foxconn leaks ARE true? Perfect, totally explains the UE4 presets too. Definitely wont be buying this console, might be developing for it though.;)
The screen doesn't match as Nintendo conformed it to be 6.2 inch, but it did suggest the stand position and processing power.
Why not? Disappointment?
400 CAD rings true.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So nothing today about the specs right? and probably NEVER. xD
Big surprise. I don't get why anyone thought Nintendo would be talking about specs during launch - they never did.

Question is if Nvidia is going to release specs or if anyone else will, or if we have to wait until someone gets their hands on one and tears it apart.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The screen doesn't match as Nintendo conformed it to be 6.2 inch, but it did suggest the stand position and processing power.
Why not? Disappointment?
400 CAD rings true.
I should say, I wont be buying it on launch. Hopefully the chip info is correct otherwise there is some dark magic in the switch.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should say, I wont be buying it on launch. Hopefully the chip info is correct otherwise there is some dark magic in the switch.
I am pretty darkness either means low frequency which put chip at a even greater disadvantage or gravitation computing which surpasses our own brain effortlessly.
Seriously though I am kind of disappointed with Switch subscription service though I am fine with 30 CAD a year. Anything beyond that will kill the switch.

Last edited by Yil,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually find the low battery life and thickness heartening ironically. It's bound to have some grunt if it can bottom out in 2 hours. I do hope I can get a battery pack for it though.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually find the low battery life and thickness heartening ironically. It's bound to have some grunt if it can bottom out in 2 hours. I do hope I can get a battery pack for it though.
What about a usb c power bank? There will be compatibility issue with the switch dock and the switch, especially considering the vent holes.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, it seems the nintendo switch's max SD might be 512gb as we see them slot in a 256gb sd in treehouse.

I am pretty darkness either means low frequency which put chip at a even greater disadvantage or gravitation computing which surpasses our own brain effortlessly.
Seriously though I am kind of disappointed with Switch subscription service though I am fine with 30 CAD a year. Anything beyond that will kill the switch.
if its not £10 Im probabl not even touching online ridiculous nintendo would ask for £279 and then an added £20 for some server money they dont even need.

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about a usb c power bank? There will be compatibility issue with the switch dock and the switch, especially considering the vent holes.
In the presentation they metioned that it is possible to charge the Switch directly on the go using the included AC adapter(I felt almost if they hinted that it is possible to charge using a portable external energy source)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the presentation they metioned that it is possible to charge the Switch directly on the go using the included AC adapter(I felt almost if they hinted that it is possible to charge using a portable external energy source)
pretty sure they specifically mentioned charging it with portable battery packs.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely not, there has to be some sort of interaction between the dock and the switch(A driver telling the switch to passthrough video), as such charging while playing is definitely possible.
Ill be updating the post now.
I was talking about using PD's massive range of power to allow the switch to tap into its true potential.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's micro SDXC. So technically up to 2TB, but the largest one they make is still 512GB right now.
Where do they sell a 512GB version? The only one I know of is from a company that isn't even manufacturing them until they sell their 256Gb version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj