Hacking Nintendo Switch Race for CFW

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So you want Team X to have the monopoly of the hack? It's a competition of knowledge here. No one should be the priest of technology.
There is no monopoly here... they don't own the hack. They don't block anyone else to use RCM. Read the link I provided.

mnemonicpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Exactly, if you do not know which version is true it would be best to reserve your judgement and not simply say things like:

I do not know if gravity is true. Yet, from what I can observe it appears to be true. I could choose to hold off judgement on gravity until I have definitive proof but for me the available evidence is sufficient to assume it to be true. I may be wrong on that but that is a chance I am willing to take, if I suddenly randomly fall off the planet I am more than willing to adjust my stance, though.

Tanmays007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I do not know if gravity is true. Yet, from what I can observe it appears to be true. I could choose to hold off judgement on gravity until I have definitive proof but for me the available evidence is sufficient to assume it to be true. I may be wrong on that but that is a chance I am willing to take, if I suddenly randomly fall off the planet I am more than willing to adjust my stance, though.

Fair enough, I guess we'll find out soon, although if it turns out you were right, that will totally destroy TX's rep. Let's see.

ragingninja3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people like to fault Gateway for their practices but for a while they were the only solid option available on the 3ds until the shitstorm happened with all the public cfw releases. TX knows what they are doing and spending $30 or whatever it ends up costing for the sake of convenience and time is a great option for many people.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It’s pefectly possible to recognise the important role Gateway played while being critical. They were the only option for a long time - I bought one and don’t regret it one bit. But they should also be called out for bricking consoles, using stolen code and failing to support their hardware. If Gateway is EOL because they’re focusing on Stargate they should just say so.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
IIRC, Atmosphere can boot but crashes really early. Basically, all forms of CFW are still in there infancy (except private ones we don't have access to/don't know about) and can't run on a stock console without a lot of work. Atmosphere will likely be running on homebrewed consoles this summer, but expect a lot of crashes and bug fixes and impatient users driving devs out of the scene.

And the race isn't "over". The race is over when the first widespread CFW is released and his little to no bugs with decent functionality. When Russia and the US were in the space race, was it over when Russia sent sputnik to the atmosphere?

Per their discord, it crashes because that is how they made it. If it crashes, less users will mess up their switch and come on gbatemp to bitch when they damage their switch using something they should not have used.

mnemonicpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Per their discord, it crashes because that is how they made it. If it crashes, less users will mess up their switch and come on gbatemp to bitch when they damage their switch using something they should not have used.
Something like that, yes. It isn't even bootable in the "not erroring on purpose" stage but it does do that to prevent unnecessary damaged hardware.

padooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recognize TXs good work, but I still might stick to Atmosphere.

Let's see how things go... also I find TXs UI kinda tacky

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on GBATemp actually was trying to boot Atmosphere and removed the code that prevented it from crashing. That code also has a warning that by removing it, you wouldn't be getting any help from ReSwitched since Atmosphere is still a WIP. Needless to say, he went asking for help on their Discord. Don't really know what happened afterwards though.

mnemonicpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone on GBATemp actually was trying to boot Atmosphere and removed the code that prevented it from crashing. That code also has a warning that by removing it, you wouldn't be getting any help from ReSwitched since Atmosphere is still a WIP. Needless to say, he went asking for help on their Discord. Don't really know what happened afterwards though.
It doesn't boot right now. The "I know what I'm doing" check is really just in place because after that point there is still a decent risk of stuff going very very wrong unless you, you know, REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING with the code. ^^

And just to be precise here: The check does not prevent you from booting at all. It prevents you from building the binaries in the first place.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't boot right now. The "I know what I'm doing" check is really just in place because after that point there is still a decent risk of stuff going very very wrong unless you, you know, REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING with the code. ^^

And just to be precise here: The check does not prevent you from booting at all. It prevents you from building the binaries in the first place.
Ah OK, I gotchu. Thanks for the information;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...