Nintendo Switch Online adds four new classic games this month

There's new additions to the Nintendo Switch Online library available to play. The month of March sees four new games added, ranging from the NES, SNES, and Game Boy. Xevious is a shmup for the NES, there's puzzle antics in BurgerTime Deluxe for the original Game Boy, and Side Pocket is a SNES billiards experience, while the well-known Kirby's Dream Land 2 headlines the selection of titles.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Side Pocket is way outdated.
Side Pocket is what got me into Lounge music.
Literally have had that SNES cartridge since I was a child, so grew up playing it and of course, loving Billiards.

Just remember that, most of the game is easy if you know how to do the trick shots, and remember that after stage 2, the balls physics changes drastically. It's kinda hard to explain... so... lots of save states for amateurs!

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side Pocket is way outdated.
Side Pocket is what got me into Lounge music.
Literally have had that SNES cartridge since I was a child, so grew up playing it and of course, loving Billiards.

Just remember that, most of the game is easy if you know how to do the trick shots, and remember that after stage 2, the balls physics changes drastically. It's kinda hard to explain... so... lots of save states for amateurs!
I played side pocket on retroarch about a month ago, then championship pool, both games should have been included. I’m not that great at championship pool, if we play the game will take too long to end.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
I played side pocket on retroarch about a month ago, then championship pool, both games should have been included. I’m not that great at championship pool, if we play the game will take too long to end.
They should have also included Lunar on the NES. That one is lit.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet again, more old recycled crap from the past that you could get for free.

Amazes me how nintendo gets away with this bollocks, if it was anyone else then the famboys would instantly jump on the bandwagon and slate that this is all you get for a PREMIUM subscription service.....

Its pathetic, just proves how cheap nintendo are, its an embarrassment that this is all they offer you.

How about you dig into those pockets nintendo and start rewarding gamers some recent titles from the switch to play, but saying that, there isn't that much actual new titles on the switch either, all old ported games and even nintendo themselves couldn't be arsed and ported all of its old shit. Though there is little difference really in nintendo games, same shit recycled over and over.

But we know how tight those nintendo pockets are, so maybe we just have to wait for the fanboys to actually wake up and see sense.

Nintendo do not need to make consoles anymore, its just bullshit for them to keep making millions while ripping everyone off releasing the same shit and old crap.

And if you are desperate to play nintendos "next gen" recycled shit, its funny, you won't have to wait long as nintendo consoles magically seem to be easiest and first to get fully working emulators.... and I wonder why that is?

So waste money investing in another paper weight that will end up collecting dust like nintendo consoles before it.

Or save money and emulate the very rare one or two games that are actually worth buying, and by saying that...... there's litrally fuck all on the switch that I have actually found worthy of buying or even emulating.

I mean, I did get a few games with my switch when it came out, like BOTW which was an epic sack of shit, I guess I own 2x copies of Mario 3d all stars - knowing that with nintendo only pressing a limited run of the game then removing it from its eshop is only going to go up in value in years to come.

But I guess the fans are brainwashed and to blame as the sheep all scream for Twilight Princess ported and Wind Waker...... no, lets stop nintendo porting all of its old shit we already own.

We want something new, the only shit that's considered new is the shit tone load of shit indy games.

And this is Nintendo's promise of better third part support?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What an exciting game selection ! :glare:

Let's remember better times when Nintendo cared and actually put some effort into updating their old games, like Donkey Kong 94, Super Mario Bros DX or the Super Mario Advance series...

lucasdaolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I played a lot side pocket even though I'm bad at it (I only reach stage 3 on the story).
I soon I saw the cover I remember the "Presented by Data East" voice

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m awesome at real life pool. I love pool! One guy wanted to recruit me to his team. I told him I was the best and I am my own team. I was drunk as hell. He walked away. I was a stupid drunk. Glad I quit. Anyway, SidePocket is super dated and I just can’t even. Still, it’s great to see constant additions. I’m sure lots of other people like this game and get the warm fuzzies while playing them. And really, who doesn’t like warm fuzzies.

• Haha
Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto