Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I have emuNAND installed to my SD card and now I want to play some official games on my sysNAND. My concern is that when I load in sysNAND, my sd card with all the data is still inserted, therefore, theoretically Nintendo switch can analyze the data and see that I have a custom software leading to potential ban. Could you tell me please, is this something to actually be cautious of or in practice it is safe?

The reason why I can't remove my sd card is that I don't have rcm rig, but a self-made pin rig, that works rather unstable, so I leave autorcm on, and thus I need to go to hekate first to launch sysNAND.

Thank you in advance!
Nintendo doesnt have that kind of power, they cant see whats on your SD card going into sysnand, that would be equivllant to malware behavior. But you do need to disable cfw going into sysnand to play official games. There is no other way to be safer than that. Just make sure your sysnand is not "cfw sysnand"

memodac531

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Nintendo doesnt have that kind of power, they cant see whats on your SD card going into sysnand, that would be equivllant to malware behavior. But you do need to disable cfw going into sysnand to play official games. There is no other way to be safer than that. Just make sure your sysnand is not "cfw sysnand"
Thank you for the answer! Could you tell me, why are you so sure about Nintendo not being able to see into the sd card? There is an option to install games (parts of them at least) to the sd card, which means there is software that controls at least some directories structure on the sd card. Moreover, they have to calculate the free space on the sd card, so I don't really think it would be too far-fetched to assume they might check something else on the sd card, like the presence of some files or folders.

But that's purely from logical and theoretical POV, I have no idea if they are doing anything of such kind in reality.

memodac531

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
It's illegal for them to look at your sd card
I see, thank you! I'm still a bit sceptical, cause they can do that without anyone knowing, and there is no way to know/prove they actually did that.

But anyways, there are people who are using the sysNAND with the SD card with emuNAND without issues, right?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer! Could you tell me, why are you so sure about Nintendo not being able to see into the sd card? There is an option to install games (parts of them at least) to the sd card, which means there is software that controls at least some directories structure on the sd card. Moreover, they have to calculate the free space on the sd card, so I don't really think it would be too far-fetched to assume they might check something else on the sd card, like the presence of some files or folders.

But that's purely from logical and theoretical POV, I have no idea if they are doing anything of such kind in reality.
B/c its illegal. Thats like saying Microsoft can see what we have on our HDD's b/c we use Windows as an OS. Dont think too much of it you'll only panic everytime you touch your switch. If Nintendo had this ability everyone would be banned by now hacking a switch has been a thing since 2018.

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im new to the hacked switch scene and was thinking of hacking my switch with the aim of playing some pirated games, l'd be playing these offline, on an emummc and dont really ever play online games ever. So far on my clean switch i have accumulated most of my games from the eshop and are therefore linked to my nintendo account. My main question is, does nintendo ever ban accounts as well as the consoles themselves. wouldn't like to lose my purchased library if nintendo is İssuing account bans and console bans for piracy/CFW. ls it possible to have 2 separate nintendo accounts (one on sysNAND and another on emuNAND)? Thanks in advance!

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im new to the hacked switch scene and was thinking of hacking my switch with the aim of playing some pirated games, l'd be playing these offline, on an emummc and dont really ever play online games ever. So far on my clean switch i have accumulated most of my games from the eshop and are therefore linked to my nintendo account. My main question is, does nintendo ever ban accounts as well as the consoles themselves. wouldn't like to lose my purchased library if nintendo is İssuing account bans and console bans for piracy/CFW. ls it possible to have 2 separate nintendo accounts (one on sysNAND and another on emuNAND)? Thanks in advance!

s1kr17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will sysbot or the acnh spawner tool trigger a flag warning or ban? i’m just curious how some people with loot/treasure islands hosts their islands online. I’ve stayed on cfw and let my friends fly to my island, new to this and just “hacked” my switch 3 days ago

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
will sysbot or the acnh spawner tool trigger a flag warning or ban? i’m just curious how some people with loot/treasure islands hosts their islands online. I’ve stayed on cfw and let my friends fly to my island, new to this and just “hacked” my switch 3 days ago
There is always a risk ban for having a modded switch online, but as long you keep using a legal game, it shouldnt be a problem

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...no you don't.

I and many others use sysnand CFW all the time with no bans.

SirKira001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So when I have AMS active on sysnand (I use it for ssbu mods, playing online, no problems so far) can I also enter eshop or use hb launcher with R button over a title to reboot to emunand or hekate? Im lazy and I dont want to have to do the jig rcm thing every time. Doing so would dirt my sysnand and Nintendo could ban me?

SirKira001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!

I have emuNAND installed to my SD card and now I want to play some official games on my sysNAND. My concern is that when I load in sysNAND, my sd card with all the data is still inserted, therefore, theoretically Nintendo switch can analyze the data and see that I have a custom software leading to potential ban. Could you tell me please, is this something to actually be cautious of or in practice it is safe?

The reason why I can't remove my sd card is that I don't have rcm rig, but a self-made pin rig, that works rather unstable, so I leave autorcm on, and thus I need to go to hekate first to launch sysNAND.

Thank you in advance!
Nintendo cannot detect whatever is in your sd card, in fact doing so is illegal, so in that matter you're safe :)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo rarely bans accounts. When they do, its usually due to fraud and not hacking.
So when I have AMS active on sysnand (I use it for ssbu mods, playing online, no problems so far) can I also enter eshop or use hb launcher with R button over a title to reboot to emunand or hekate? Im lazy and I dont want to have to do the jig rcm thing every time. Doing so would dirt my sysnand and Nintendo could ban me?
In CFW, the Restart function from the Power Menu is modified to launch the reboot_to_payload.bin file in your /atmosphere folder so if its set to Hekate, then it will reboot into Hekate.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
After everything has been said and done, I think we all know there's only one way to actually unban your hacked console.

IMG_8284.jpg

Reactions: iepuras

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I think it's my turn to be ban.
Got this when trying to access eShop :ph34r:

01.jpg

Probably when I installed an NSP on my Sysnand, trying the sigpatch after a re-install (I trought I was on emunand, probably missclicked sysnand in hekate, so that's why having an empty home menu didn't make me think something was wrong) rip me.

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I think it's my turn to be ban.
Got this when trying to access eShop :ph34r:

View attachment 286552

Probably when I installed an NSP on my Sysnand, trying the sigpatch after a re-install (I trought I was on emunand, probably missclicked sysnand in hekate, so that's why having an empty home menu didn't make me think something was wrong) rip me.
well, tough luck as this console's permanently banned

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? No
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? 11/17/2021
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? No.
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? No
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? No
Trimmed .XCI? No
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? No
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? No SX
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Don't use
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Did you ever use ReiNX? No
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Atmosphere (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Yes
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Yes
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? No
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 13.1.0
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? No
Console/Account Region(s): Reside in NA/ 1 Account in Aus(to buy games 1 day prior)
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Usb/tegraRCM
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Yes
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments:

I've had this hacked switch for many years but primarily play smash on stock fw, I only prepped my switch by updating to 13.1 to play Pokemon and prep my switch to pkhex pokemon in. I also on the side have decided played a bit of the new AC Update 2.0 + DLC, I didn't pirate any of the software so I'm fairly certain that something on AC got me banned considering Pokemon wasn't out at the time when I was banned.

Theres no convenient way for me to access saves so I just went online with cfw sysnand since I've read from a lot of other places that it was safe as long as you didn't cheat or pirate games.

I gave myself all DIYs, but I think my Island floor tiles were really scuffed that's the only thing I could really think of that would have banned me. I'll be buying a new switch, but I will not be modding ac anymore since I'm terrified of getting banned again.

Attachments

• banned.png
    banned.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix the made was, has never been piushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the...