Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i assume my nintendo account is linked to it due eshop purchases :X?
If you are talking about the eShop on the Switch, yes that uses your Nintendo Account. If you meant the eShop on your 3DS and/or Wii U, that involves the NNID. Those 2 accounts are different from each other and are not related.

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i mean the account thats linked on the switch :) so my switch is most likely flagged for a ban, will it be safe to login my existing account on a new switch? Or better to create a new one and take my loss?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i mean the account thats linked on the switch :) so my switch is most likely flagged for a ban, will it be safe to login my existing account on a new switch? Or better to create a new one and take my loss?
Nintendo rarely, if ever, bans Nintendo Accounts. Bans for Nintendo Accounts are usually for activity related to fraud and the like but not hacking.

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just picked up my secondary unpatched unbanned launch switch is it possible to run my primary account from my main switch (before I upgrade my v2 to the oled next month) on the unpatched switch stock sysnand for its cloud saves and legit games and online and when I home brew it on the SD emunand and keep that offline no internet settings to hopefully prevent it from being banned?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up my secondary unpatched unbanned launch switch is it possible to run my primary account from my main switch (before I upgrade my v2 to the oled next month) on the unpatched switch stock sysnand for its cloud saves and legit games and online and when I home brew it on the SD emunand and keep that offline no internet settings to hopefully prevent it from being banned?
Nintendo rarely, if ever, bans accounts. People have even used Nintendo Accounts from banend consoles on unbanned ones without issue so I believe you have nothing to fear.

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo rarely, if ever, bans accounts. People have even used Nintendo Accounts from banend consoles on unbanned ones without issue so I believe you have nothing to fear.
So just to confirm I can't use my legit account online in the emunand to risk said ban and any cloud saves if running legit games and no piracy etc incase i want to back up saves there too right? so just keep it to the standard sysnand? But great to know thank you for the prompt reply and info :)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to confirm I can't use my legit account online in the emunand to risk said ban and any cloud saves if running legit games and no piracy etc incase i want to back up saves there too right? so just keep it to the standard sysnand? But great to know thank you for the prompt reply and info :)
Don't go online with CFW and/or homebrew period regardless of Nintendo Account or not and sysMMC or emuMMC to avoid a ban.

mustardscientist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are still getting banned for not having separate emunand and accidentally going online?lmao baffles me why people still decide to still stick to old methods and having to manually restore nand.

imadumbdumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever been banned for modifying their trainer attributes in Pokemon Sword/Shield? I was interested in changing my ID number, and was curious if there's been a precedent for anything like this. What sorts of bans do people usually get in Pokemon Sword/Shield or Pokemon Home? As in, account ban/trading ban/pokemon home ban/ switch hardware/game cart ban? and would it be for obviously hacked pokemon, or what? I'd be injecting the save extracted from an emunand into a clean sysnand, so it wouldn't have CFW or anything on it. just the save would be edited, and thats it.

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just bought V1 unpatched switch. I back up my nand after I installed/created EmuMMC but I didn't install any homebrews or pirate games or anything before that. Is my nand still clean? Am I safe to go online on OFW?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever been banned for modifying their trainer attributes in Pokemon Sword/Shield? I was interested in changing my ID number, and was curious if there's been a precedent for anything like this. What sorts of bans do people usually get in Pokemon Sword/Shield or Pokemon Home? As in, account ban/trading ban/pokemon home ban/ switch hardware/game cart ban? and would it be for obviously hacked pokemon, or what? I'd be injecting the save extracted from an emunand into a clean sysnand, so it wouldn't have CFW or anything on it. just the save would be edited, and thats it.
I haven't followed bans exclusively related to Sword/Shield unfortunately so the only knowledge I possess are the general rules to bans that any modifications can lead to a ban. As for the type of ban, it would either be a console ban or a game ban. Account bans are due to fraudulent credit card activity. There is no such thing as a trading ban as either a console or game ban will restrict access to trading. I have never heard of a Pokemon Home ban but if either the console or game is banned, then Home is effectively banned as well. And cartridge bans were due to people dumping cartridge headers/certificates and injecting them into other backups to play online which is a very bad idea as Nintendo can tell if a header/certificate was injected into a pirated game.
Okay so I just bought V1 unpatched switch. I back up my nand after I installed/created EmuMMC but I didn't install any homebrews or pirate games or anything before that. Is my nand still clean? Am I safe to go online on OFW?
Yes, the eMMC is still clean as the operation of dumping the eMMC and creating emuMMC are done outside of HOS (Horizon Operating System).

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the eMMC is still clean as the operation of dumping the eMMC and creating emuMMC are done outside of HOS (Horizon Operating System).
Okay another question, so as long as I dont install any XCI, NSP, or homebrews onto my SysMMC I should be okay even though I have Atmosphere on it?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay another question, so as long as I dont install any XCI, NSP, or homebrews onto my SysMMC I should be okay even though I have Atmosphere on it?
Well yes but you should also be aware that Atmosphere is never installed to sysMMC or emuMMC; it is something that exists on your SD card and is booted when you send a payload.

Reactions: itchigo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol