Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you elaborate? I've just read that some people isn't ban even though they use cfw in synand ,they still play online in synand and still not being banned
Just because they haven't been banned yet doesn't mean they will never be banned. It just means they haven't been banned yet. Nothing is declared 100% safe until bans have stopped being distributed.

Reactions: Rome_13

Rome_13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just because they haven't been banned yet doesn't mean they will never be banned. It just means they haven't been banned yet. Nothing is declared 100% safe until bans have stopped being distributed.

What else can i do other than restoring nand to make synand clean? Because right now V2 sx core can't restore nand back up

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else can i do other than restoring nand to make synand clean? Because right now V2 sx core can't restore nand back up
You cannot. Only a clean NAND backup made before running CFW or homebrew can clean a console without repercussions. You cannot generate one nor clean the console to remove the traces.

Rome_13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am talking about from a theoretical perspective where you ran a homebrew application and want to clear the usage of it from your console without a clean backup.
ok i got you, thank you for your help I might just stay offline right now until v2 can restore the nand Thanks!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can you elaborate? I've just read that some people isn't ban even though they use cfw in synand ,they still play online in synand and still not being banned

You will be banned sooner or later we can't tell you, there are reports of bans just with cfw and specially with sxos, but just try to be careful the next time and hope not to get banned in the next months

suitofgold

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A stupid one here:

I've got the Sx Pro with sxox ever since it came out on the switch, and back in the day everything defaulted into sysnand, which has carried over until this point. So, now I'm on 10.0.4 with Sx os 3.0.2 on sysnand, and on CFW I have been online to use JITS on tinfoil.

Question is, there's no way to recover from this right? If I ever go online on OFW to go e-shop or anything, there's a very high chance my console will be banned?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A stupid one here:

I've got the Sx Pro with sxox ever since it came out on the switch, and back in the day everything defaulted into sysnand, which has carried over until this point. So, now I'm on 10.0.4 with Sx os 3.0.2 on sysnand, and on CFW I have been online to use JITS on tinfoil.

Question is, there's no way to recover from this right? If I ever go online on OFW to go e-shop or anything, there's a very high chance my console will be banned?
Without a clean NAND backup, there is a chance you will be banned.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are the type of ppl you shouldn't be taking any advice or suggestions from. They are obviously playing a bigger risk card.
Probably ppl who hack pokemon dens for profit.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I only use sysNAND. I do not connect through Nintendo's servers cause I was using Stealth Mode before, and nowadays I just use incognito. I assume I'm already banned anyway and the only reason I use Incognito is to avoid forced firmware updates.

If you modify your sysNAND, chances are that as soon as you go online Nintendo might collect some logs presenting data you shouldn't have with an unhacked Switch, and it most likely will eventually lead to a ban. If you have done a clean backup before and avoided going online, you could restore it for better chances of not being detected.

But even though you have already committed this "mistake", if you still care about not being banned, make your NAND backup and setup your emuMMC. Then use it as nothing happened. Chances are you will get banned eventually, but who knows...

Last edited by CassioAug,

Jivan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best way to avoid bans

The correct process for trying to avoid a ban are as follows:
  1. Make a clean NAND backup before doing any other hacks/CFW/homebrew using Hekate including boot0/boot1 and raw eMMC GPP (which will become a rawnand.bin)
  2. Perform any and all hacking offline with the Wi-Fi settings deleted and Airplane Mode to prevent accidental connection to Nintendo Hotspots (think 3DS Spotpass)
  3. Restore the clean NAND backup as well as boot0/boot1 prior to going online
  4. Make another NAND backup as well as boot0/boot1 at this point since your NAND has made permanent changes while connected to Nintendo's servers that are not present in your original NAND backup
  5. Repeat steps 2-4

@Draxzelex — Can you elaborate on step (4) here? What sort of "permanent changes" are made? Additionally, since step (4) (creating new NAND backup) is done immediately after step (3) (restoring prior NAND backup), isn't the new backup identical to the prior one?

Thanks for the excellent data collection you've done, as well as providing this guide :)

Last edited by Jivan,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex — Can you elaborate on step (4) here? What sort of "permanent changes" are made? Additionally, since step (4) (creating new NAND backup) is done immediately after step (3) (restoring prior NAND backup), isn't the new backup identical to the prior one?

Thanks for the excellent data collection you've done, as well as providing this guide :)
Once your console goes online, you will be performing various actions such as buying games from the eShop, playing online, triggering error codes, etc. These changes have to be recorded to stay consistent with what Nintendo's servers have stored. I apologize if the wording is a bit unclear. The backup you make in Step 4 is after you have already gone online and wish to return to using CFW/homebrew offline.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I'm here just to confirm that SX OS CFW without doubt does get consoles banned but emuNAND does not.

Out of my multiple Switches, I have two hacked consoles, one with CFW emuNAND and the other one with SX OS CFW.

I did not go online when I was on SX OS CFW and I did not install any homebrew or any .nsp's. I played only legit games on my SX OS CFW but apparently it has some dirty shit in it that makes the NAND dirty with some files and when I booted up stock OS (without SD card and without RCM; just a normal boot) I got banned a week later.

The emuNAND device hasn't been banned until now when stock OFW is booted.

Do not use SX OS CFW.

Nevertheless this was actually a testing device because I wanted to see if having only CFW will get you banned or not.
I've got another multiple Switches and I'm going to sell this one and buy another testing device.

Does anyone have an idea what i should test next and see if it gets banned or not? anyone a good idea what to try?

nvcheeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm Running 6.01 OFW and CFW 10.1.0 Still no Ban then again i have never played online but i have Wifi Connected all time so i can use FTP

dza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Has someone tried to capture network traffic when a Switch is banned (doing suspicious activity)

It would be incredibly interesting as the IP adresses contacted could be changed or even dynamic at all times.

I always thought the idea of 90dns is pretty weak. The only thing it prevents is contacting known Nintendo servers, and this also includes the services which you normally get banned on (eShop).

Someone wrote they aren’t able to identify RCM, but how? If they log any activity, surely RCM mode must be logging an unhandled error (exploit). Is RCM even a mode created by nintendo or is it purely a naming given by the homebrew community for a pathway to overwrite the stack?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Has someone tried to capture network traffic when a Switch is banned (doing suspicious activity)

It would be incredibly interesting as the IP adresses contacted could be changed or even dynamic at all times.

I always thought the idea of 90dns is pretty weak. The only thing it prevents is contacting known Nintendo servers, and this also includes the services which you normally get banned on (eShop).

Someone wrote they aren’t able to identify RCM, but how? If they log any activity, surely RCM mode must be logging an unhandled error (exploit). Is RCM even a mode created by nintendo or is it purely a naming given by the homebrew community for a pathway to overwrite the stack?

RCM is built-in the NVidia Tegra chip. It's not created by Nintendo neither by the community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol