1. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    Time delay on Bans of about 10 days means most people don't know what it was exactly that they got banned for. Plus, people speak rubbish half the time so you can never be sure what information as actually true and accurate, they will say all they did is run cfw once, when in reality they're loaded up with NSP's and cheating in Smash.

I highly doubt there is anything except an algorithm on Nintendo's end picking up flagged error reports and autonomously banning to set criteria. There's not someone trawling through reports and manually clicking ban buttons, nor is Nintendo waiting months to ban someone. You trigger a flag, a computer bans you, simple as that.

MeAndHax likes this.
  2. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    Yeah and the same people later call nintendo saying how innocent they were and how they didn’t do anything

3. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I figured out why I was banned. I called Nintendo and found out that it was due to the hacked Pokemon I was traded through Mystery Send.

The official ban reason was "Due to Piracy related to or directly affecting Pokemon Shield".

This is an OG Switch. A full Console ban. I HAVE used SX OS before, but always in airplane mode. I've never cleared any logs. Last day I was able to access the eshop was May 23rd.

4. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    If that were true legitimate Switch users would be getting banned all over the place, for no fault of their own and it would be all over the internet. No chance you got banned because someone sent you a hacked pokemon through mystery trade. If that were true you could take legal action against Nintendo, even if it were true they would not cite that so specifically as a reason.

5. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't know what to tell you, that's what they said. They never said it was through Mystery Trade, I just know I received hacked pokemon through there. That's all.

6. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    Ah, I thought you meant they specifically told you it was due to the mystery trade.

7. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    So, it finally happened, my launch day Switch got perma-banned (Error code 2124-4508). I'm frankly surprised it took so long, because I wasn't really careful, since I was planning on getting a new Switch (and don't hack it) anyway.
    My question is, does this only affect the Switch itself, or also the linked Nintendo account? I.e. could I use the Nintendo account on a different Switch?

8. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    long time i don't visit here. this is an update to the form i filled in august 2018.

tldr; sx os hacked switch since august 2018, still online today.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?
    Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y
    Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
    SX OS used? Y
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y
    Trimmed .XCI? Y
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.2
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
    Used DevMenu? N
    Installed any .NSP? N (only on the emunand)
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
    Did you ever use ReiNX? Y (a long time ago)
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (ReiNX and Atmosphere)
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
    AutoRCM? N
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N (Yes only for emunand firmware)
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 5.1.0
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y
    Console/Account Region(s) Europe
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Android phone NXLoader
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
    Additional Comments
    Hacked Switch since August 2018, still online today June 9th, 2020

Draxzelex likes this.
  9. MeAndHax

Germany
    How exactly did you get banned? Did you use emuNAND or did you run your homebrew on sysNAND?

and no it does not affect the account at all, it’s safe to use it on other consoles

Last edited by MeAndHax, Jun 9, 2020
    KuraudoSutoraifu likes this.
  10. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    That's good to know, thanks!
    Honestly, I was (knowingly) pretty careless. While I did have emunand set up, I did run homebrew on sysnand and went online with it. I didn't install pirated Switch games. I don't know when exactly the ban happened, so I don't know if there's a correlation, but I did install an unofficial nsp (the SM64 port) recently.

11. MeAndHax

Germany
    So you used homebrew and went online with it for a few years and nothing happened until today?Interesting..

Last edited by MeAndHax, Jun 9, 2020
  12. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

France
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it's probably the unofficial nsp installation which triggered the ban.

Reecey likes this.
  13. MeAndHax

Germany
    I agree. That’s what I thought.

14. datnodude

datnodude Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? not sure
    SX OS used? Y
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y
    Trimmed .XCI? Y
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? i dont recall
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 2.01 maybe, offline
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
    Used DevMenu? N
    Installed any .NSP? Y (only in emmunand)
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
    Did you ever use ReiNX? N
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes) hekate, choid, lockpick
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
    AutoRCM? N
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? never cleared
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
    Console/Account Region(s) original switch/usa
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with?sx dongle
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? i dunno, just use sx dongle
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
    Additional Comments

I was a early adopter of sxos, i got it maybe 2 months after its initial release. during that time i would install run xci games in cfw and stay offline. at some point i screwed up my ofw, so i use hekate and choid to upgrade the firmware. since then i created emmunand and install nsps on that side. i also stopped going in airplane mode in sx and would use the default nintendo server blocking settings. about a week ago, i logged into ofw and did a sys update, was able to update fortnite and play online, and dl somethin from the eshop. have i been flagged to get banned? i dunno time will tell

Draxzelex likes this.
  15. Ningyakoo

Ningyakoo Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi all, i have a dude... There is difference between launch ofw from hekate menu and normal boot (power off Switch)? Which is better avoid ban?

Last edited by Ningyakoo, Jun 12, 2020
  16. Draxzelex

OP Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Booting Stock via Hekate allows you to bypass the fuse check and boot either lower firmware versions with higher fuse counts or higher firmware versions without burning additional fuses. Additionally, for any firmware version of 7.0 or higher, it requires a custom secmon and warmboot in order to work. If you are truly paranoid, then you should never boot with Stock mode and always use the official Switch bootloader. But if you are content with the fact that no one has been banned thus far for using Stock mode (even though that can change at a moment's notice), then you can use it. I should also note that if your sysMMC is not clean, then there is not much point in booting Stock mode or OFW as those traces of CFW & homebrew can still lead to a ban.

17. defaq

defaq Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Using Homebrew on OFW its 100% ban or just luck?
    I want to stream something using sysdvr and also edit pokemon files.

18. Draxzelex

OP Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Nothing is a guaranteed ban. It is all determined by Nintendo which we can only quantify as luck.

defaq likes this.
  19. Guest9129

Guest9129 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a special risk to using save data management homebrew? I want to import an edited MHGU save (actually a converted MHXX 3DS save). I use a clean emuNand where the only homebrew I used was ChoiDuJour for system updates.

20. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    I've transferred a GU save from a profile on a banned unit, to a different profile on a hacked unit, to a clean unit with no issues using checkpoint. Your mileage may vary. No actual save modifications past the user profile either.

Guest9129 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Banning, Warning