Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idk if it's just cfw now they maybe pulling the plug on all vuln switches now not caring how the EU will respond then replace the banned switch with an ipatched one not knowing the fines i rather ban all old switches take (some) heat and offer a free (unhackable) replacement

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to take this moment to remind people we are at a staggering 11 homebrew-only bans (meaning no usage of .XCI, .NSP, LayeredFS, or CDN downloading). These people are donated with the (Homebrew) next to their usernames.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to take this moment to remind people we are at a staggering 11 homebrew-only bans (meaning no usage of .XCI, .NSP, LayeredFS, or CDN downloading). These people are donated with the (Homebrew) next to their usernames.
Ban just for homebrew... Nintendo is really f*king us! I did homebrew on my New Switch (RetroArch) and SX OS with just XCI... so far so good.

snakeeater4

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1st question .. did you do a backup of your CLEAN VIRGIN NAND ? BEFORE cfw , hombrew etc. , then restore it when you decided go online again .. thta what the question means ...

im looking for clear answers about bans but i dont know why no one says anything

Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y (atleast I think so, I don't understand the question completly)
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to? Before I was banned
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? (I don't know)
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y ( I deleted it right after )
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y/N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y ( I used the one that came with a set of files. I don't know what non-TX means)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N ( I don't know. It's a pain in the ass to open my 128 gig SD card )
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) ( Europe, Norway)
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Normal GNU/Linux computer.
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? N ( Pin 1 and 10 I think)
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
[/QUOTE]

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st question .. did you do a backup of your CLEAN VIRGIN NAND ? BEFORE cfw , hombrew etc. , then restore it when you decided go online again .. thta what the question means ...

im looking for clear answers about bans but i dont know why no one says anything
A clean hack-free NAND refers to making a NAND backup in Hekate before running any CFW or homebrew. This is considered clean because Hekate is loaded in RCM which is executed before the NAND meaning it is theoretically undetectable by the console and subsequently Nintendo. I'd also prefer if you want to fill out a form that you check the OP instead of quoting a random user who already filled it out. There is also an explanation under "Breakdown of the Spreadsheet" which you can also find in the OP.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A clean hack-free NAND refers to making a NAND backup in Hekate before running any CFW or homebrew. This is considered clean because Hekate is loaded in RCM which is executed before the NAND meaning it is theoretically undetectable by the console and subsequently Nintendo. I'd also prefer if you want to fill out a form that you check the OP instead of quoting a random user who already filled it out. There is also an explanation under "Breakdown of the Spreadsheet" which you can also find in the OP.
I am seriusly thinking to use emunand, right now i have a clemente nandbackup.... drax wich is your opinion?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seriusly thinking to use emunand, right now i have a clemente nandbackup.... drax wich is your opinion?
I do need guinea pigs people to use EmuNAND so I know whether it is safe or not. Personally, I would not use it since its installed into the system so its detectable if not now sometime in the future but if other people are willing to use it, please let me know and I will update it on the spreadsheet.

Reactions: nille

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do need guinea pigs people to use EmuNAND so I know whether it is safe or not. Personally, I would not use it since its installed into the system so its detectable if not now sometime in the future but if other people are willing to use it, please let me know and I will update it on the spreadsheet.
i will try.... but i will be carefull with every updapte, anyway i wont play much switch the next year for job

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit 11 homebrew bans next thing you'll tell us cheating on a game (by in game glitch not by codes/save editors) will result in a superban (if thats the case nintendo is going too far)

DanBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just thought I would update again, still not banned whatsoever (I tried to remove all traces of homebrew back in may or june I believe). Either nintendo forgot about me or their banning is the most inconsistent process I have ever witnessed.

PantsOnFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I had EmuNAND installed and I just got banned as of today.

Edit: I was wrong, I've only used AutoRCM and got an eShop and update ban after the 6.0.1 update.

Last edited by PantsOnFire,

4rc4n4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, every Switch game I had was Legit. I don't have any Pirated games on my Switch. I just got board and took out my Homebrew SD Card and swapped in the Regular Nintendo Switch SD Card and decided to play it but, I wanted to check for updates and I got the error.
Although when I was playing Gouls N' Ghosts on Retroarch the Switch Crashed and told me to press the power button to shut off. When I shut it off I inserted the Regular Switch card in and booted it up fine.
Did you disable the send data to Nintendo in the system settings? If not, then that crash was what got you banned, since Nintendo received the crash report when you went online.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you disable the send data to Nintendo in the system settings? If not, then that crash was what got you banned, since Nintendo received the crash report when you went online.
That setting doesn't do anything with regards to Nintendo. If you read it, it refers to sending error data to third-parties not Nintendo. Nintendo reserves the right to receive error data when you buy their console; this cannot be disabled without a custom DNS server.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: