Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Can I put google 8.8.8.8 DNS server and avoid sending my crash reports?

2. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't know if Google's public DNS redirects Nintendo-related URLs.

3. 4rc4n4

4rc4n4 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2018
    Mexico
    A thought that option was only for error crash. Isn't possible that the crash could have been the ban reason?

Also once again an update regarding my situation.

Updated to 6.0.1. Not banned, I'm able to access the eshop and right now I'm downloading an update for a game I played as an .XCI on OFW.

4. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, bogus error reports are likely to get you banned. This is believed to be the reason why many users were banned for using LayeredFS when it first became public, especially for those who were offline when they used it.

5. Goldeneye32X

Goldeneye32X Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    The Internet
    Yes, "Share Error Information to Nintendo" was disabled. I was using online though to update the apps in Homebrew but, I never went to the Nintendo E-Shop or updated any of my Switch Games.

6. nille

nille Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    Using EmuNand, not banned

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? NA

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? N
    SX OS used? Y
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y
    Trimmed .XCI? N
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 2.0
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
    Used DevMenu? N
    Installed any .NSP? Y
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? N
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
    AutoRCM? TX to test, not using it regulary
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? NA
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? NA
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y
    Console/Account Region(s) Europe
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? TX Dongle SX Pro
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
    Additional Comments

You should ad the question "When did you first modify your virgin Switch?": Sep., 28th 2018
    I updated SysNand OFW to 6.0.1 two days ago (Tuesday) nothing happened till now.
    Switching between EmuNand CFW 6.0 offline and SysNand OFW 6.0.1 online regularly, using a dedicated sd card for each.

Last edited by nille, Oct 11, 2018
    Draxzelex likes this.
  7. Philourer

Philourer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2016
    United States
    Count me in. I'll wait a day or three before I post full details. But the "iffy" Switch I had on 6.0, AutoRCM, 6 fuses burned; just upgraded it to 6.0.1 (straight from Nintendo), caught it in time to enable AutoRCM before first boot so it should still have 6 fuses burned. Installed emunand (unselected user partition, chose 10GB size) but haven't booted into it. Went straight to OFW to load eshop, no problem. Will report whether this leads to a ban.

8. maiksonstrife

maiksonstrife Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Guarulhos
    So far, emuNAND is really going stealth for Nintendo, if it keeps this way until December, i'll jump to SX OS Emunand

9. chaoskagami

chaoskagami Former CFW Dev

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Welp. Nintendo nailed me to the wall, I guess. :wtf::whip:

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? Approximately 4 days ago was when I checked, and I haven't used the switch at all (and it's been in airplane mode)
    Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
    Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? No, but I'm running 6.0.1
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y, both of them are fine
    SX OS used? N, they can take their license violations and shove it
    What do you use LayeredFS for? Modding only, and pretty much exclusively Skyrim, BotW and more recently qlaunch theming
    Did you connect to the Internet with a LayeredFS Inject? Y
    Played online w/ Layered FS Injects? N, I pretty much only play singleplayer stuff. Last time I played Splatoon 2 online was more than two months ago and I didn't use layeredfs
    Used DevMenu? N
    Installed any .NSP? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y - Retroarch, mGBA, EasyRPG, NXShell, sys-ftpd, etc. All either homebrew utilities or games/emulators. I'm not dumping my entire error log here - I can't produce it. Blame nx-dreport and creport for that.
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
    AutoRCM? Hekate, but this particular question is irrelevant imho
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? exFat was installed normally before CFW even existed
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? All options that can be turned off were immediately turned off back at 1.0, telemetry server was blocked starting at 4.x and stopped at 6.0 since a family member couldn't connect with their (unhacked) switch - five bucks on this being what did me in.
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? 4.0-5.1 had error logs cleared, then I switched to creport and blocking telemetry
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
    Console/Account Region(s) USA, Accounts US,JP
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Also an irrelevant question, but android/windows/linux and an RCMloader dongle
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? N, I do 1-10 and if I was that'd be dumb, use a resistor people
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) This is dumb, but fine. This is an attempt at updating Disgaea 1 Complete. The theme behind the error should be good enough to prove my point since I injected the wallpaper myself. eShop results in -0007, but it won't let me screenshot that, sorry.
    2018101108561800-1AB131B6E6571375B79964211BB3F5AE.jpg

Additional Comments
    I'm using a custom build of ReiNX with some bits of upstream Atmosphere mixed in and a few personal patches. This is probably irrelevant, but it bears mentioning that what I'm running isn't really what most people are. Old habits die hard.

Joycon colors were modified to purple using a PC tool. I doubt this is remotely relevant.

I've excluded questions that are irrelevant due to a previous answer (SX OS and XCI/NSP ones)

Last edited by chaoskagami, Oct 11, 2018
    Draxzelex likes this.
  10. super_franzs

super_franzs Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    Norway
    But, okay. If I buy a new Switch, and I sign into that one, will my ban persist into the new one or?

Also, would I be able to download my cloud saves to that new switch?

Last edited by super_franzs, Oct 11, 2018
  11. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    Well they finally got me, but it happened in a really weird way

I've done the form previously so will just add that i've used everything there is to use apart from auto rcm

I very very rarely even use my switch, in fact it's been sitting in the dock since I last updated it

Ok.... the weird ban... Took it out of the dock and boot into OFW and did system update to 6.0.1 let it do it's thing now the weird bit, when it reboots it doesn't come back on it just stays black screen and I have a hard time getting it back on

I eventually got it back on by using sx dongle and jig and after trying for a while it boot into the sx menu (it did take a while)

Once I got into sx I powered it off again and boot into OFW because I wanted to check if I could still update installed games and I was greeted with error code 2181-4008 "The use of online services..............." etc...

Next thought I'd try the news channel videos and got a different error code of 2124-4007

I'd like to know if I'm just online banned or super banned, it won't let me connect for game updates which I guess means CDN ain't my friend anymore..... But when I go to system settings and try to update it does seem to check before notifying me that I am on the latest - does it always do this with super banned ?

EDIT: Just to add I am having a hard time getting into RCM since the 6.0.1 update, it may be a totally separate unrelated issue. I notice the green light on sx dongle seems to be permanently on now and takes more than a few attempts to get in

Last edited by peteruk, Oct 11, 2018
  12. nille

nille Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    Guess we had another small ban marathon yesterday/today?

13. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    looking that way isn't it

kop365, Citrus-Hombre and Alex-Kidd like this.
  14. nille

nille Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    Well I'd rather say it's these things that lead to a ban. I updated my switch to 6.0.1 two days ago with sx os in emunand. No problems with booting RCM with jig and dongle aftwewards.
    Might be that also the switch get's "scanned" when you update, OR that it took somt time for the ban to be active on the console hence you could do the update but after that you were banned.
    I don't think that the RCM "problems" you had would be the cause.

Did you have the switch online while resting in the dock, or did you have airplane mode on / wifi deleted?

Last edited by nille, Oct 11, 2018
    peteruk likes this.
  15. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    Yes wifi on but supposedly 'stealth mode' was my protection :rofl2:

Not massively bothered in all honesty, it just impacts any potential re sale value my console may have had in the future tbh

Was just plain weird the way the ban came was all

kop365, Citrus-Hombre and Alex-Kidd like this.
  16. nille

nille Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Germany
    :D Well that's in conflict with my guess of the switch not "knowing" it has already been banned.

Oh I wish someone working at Nintendo would leak how their procedure is, not even necessarily to avoid the ban, but it bugs me that I don't understand the logic :D

I understand. I feel the same. As long as i can get my updates, I am fine. I only played MK8 and Rocket League online if i played online at all.
    Mostly bought this thing for social-meet-up-with-friends-in-my-flat couch coop / versus gaming. :D

And if I want to share Pokemon next month, I'm going to visit my friends and do it the game-boy-link-cable way (but with WIFI-direct :D )

peteruk likes this.
  17. realjumy

realjumy Ratkid hunter

Apr 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone else confirm that this is a thing?
    Invalid twitter status URL ([URL='https://twitter.com/HackInformer/status/1050225564202627072[/twitter]']https://twitter.com/HackInformer/status/1050225564202627072)[/URL]

18. chaoskagami

chaoskagami Former CFW Dev

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    The only thing I'm bothered about is that they've effectively denied me the right to pay them for digital games. I'm going to be forced to acquire certain games now in a dubious manner unless Limited Run Games does a run of them when they're out. Otherwise, at least I can not give a lick about being careful now and knock myself out with the physical cart -> nsp conversion and put Retroarch on my eMMC partition.

peteruk likes this.
  19. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Someone made another thread and I already made a comment on the issue there.

realjumy likes this.
  20. realjumy

realjumy Ratkid hunter

Apr 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I see, thanks. It's not the first time I read about someone claiming they were banned because of the user name, and I wanted to be sure.