Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend : SX OS with official system setting options to not send error report of game crash, play online only in OFW with your cartridge and play .NSP/Homebrew in SX OS Mode and you're good!
Even though "Error Reporting" only refers to third-parties meaning you can't disable sending error reports to Nintendo and installing raw .NSP files will still leave the fake tickets into your system which will flag you in OFW? Please conduct some proper research next time.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though "Error Reporting" only refers to third-parties meaning you can't disable sending error reports to Nintendo and installing raw .NSP files will still leave the fake tickets into your system which will flag you in OFW? Please conduct some proper research next time.
Is it just the fake tickets that get you flagged? I know it's possible to remove the fake tickets from NSPs. Has anyone been banned for installing ticketless NSPs?

Last edited by Freezerbomb,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Freezerbomb

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country

Patrick327

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got banned 2 days ago, and I bought another console off of ebay yesterday, I also made a second Nintendo account yo use with that Switch when it comes. Do I have to make a second account or could I use my original account that's on my banned colsole? Surely they'd connect the account to the banned colsole and ban that one too. I'm not sure if running my physical games with the new colsole will get me banned. I do not want 165 dollars to go to waste.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got banned 2 days ago, and I bought another console off of ebay yesterday, I also made a second Nintendo account yo use with that Switch when it comes. Do I have to make a second account or could I use my original account that's on my banned colsole? Surely they'd connect the account to the banned colsole and ban that one too. I'm not sure if running my physical games with the new colsole will get me banned. I do not want 165 dollars to go to waste.

You just need to call Nintendo and tell them that your old Switch is broken and you want to transfer your account to a new Switch. All your eShop stuff should transfer as well. I don't think they flag accounts at all.

Last edited by Freezerbomb,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to call Nintendo and tell them that you're old Switch is broken and you want to transfer your account to a new Switch. All your eShop stuff should transfer as well. I don't think they flag accounts at all.
If the banned system was ever connected online with 6.0, they could also do it via the website.

Kolyasisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Greetings, complete noob here. I am going to buy a switch soon and I wondered about a particular topic. Of course I am going to hack my switch and I'm also going to use FTP. The question: what kind of a ban can I expect if I'll have ReiNX installed and have the console connected to a router for the FTP causes? I do not care about anything online, I only wish for the console to function in offline.

Last edited by Kolyasisan,

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My standard usage is using SX OS (Stealth Mode Off) to play my personal untrimmed XCI dumps only. The only homebrew I currently use is gcdumptool 1.0.5 to dump my own cartridges with certs. Essentially my usage involves no piracy. My system is online very regularly.

I haven't been banned since my last report, but I figured I'd re-fill this out to detail my usage since it has been a while and the template has changed:

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y (Valid Personal Certs only for games I own)
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? v1.1
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject?
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects?
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online?

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed?
Did you play any .NSP installed online?

Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? Both (XCI)
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (Current usage is gcdumptool when I buy a new game, previously dabbled with some emulators)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y (blocked on home network only, infrequently connected to other networks without this blocked)
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Win 10 Laptop
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y (Only after firmware update wipes out AutoRCM)
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) N/A
Additional Comments

• I am not quite sure what eclct or creport are, I have mostly used SX OS using the standard options so I likely haven't touched these at all.
  • The system will (very infrequently) hard-crash when loading a game. The error code is 2144-0001. When I receive this error, I have to hard-shutdown the system and reboot my payload. The "View the Error" option is grayed out under the Error History menu.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • I am not quite sure what eclct or creport are, I have mostly used SX OS using the standard options so I likely haven't touched these at all.
Atmosphere re-implemented the process manager of Horizon which reduces some of the telemetry transmitted by the console. They have also introduced creport which redirects crash reports to the SD card instead of the console meaning these error reports are not sent to Nintendo. While ReiNX supports these, SX OS does not due to its inability to be customized by the end-user.

palsmafart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally all I did was Dump the nand when there were no hacks+ enable stealth mode on SXOS, it seems to work very nice for now. I only use the switch for emulation.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to use the cheat engine for SX OS. Has anybody been banned from using just the cheat engine for SX OS?
Kinda came out too recently for me or anybody else to have any data on. Not to mention I don't particularly ask if people hack/modify their save file. Lastly, it goes without saying that if you use their cheat engine on an online game, prepare to be banned.

Reactions: Supreme23

Patrick327

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I will be buying another sd card for my new switch, Idk what Nintendo's detections are for detecting accounts that have hacked their switches but I'm not taking any chances, new switch, obviously, new account and new sd card. The one question that I have is, is it safe to play my physical games on my new switch? I heard something about Nintendo possibly banning game cards.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I will be buying another sd card for my new switch, Idk what Nintendo's detections are for detecting accounts that have hacked their switches but I'm not taking any chances, new switch, obviously, new account and new sd card. The one question that I have is, is it safe to play my physical games on my new switch? I heard something about Nintendo possibly banning game cards.
If you want to be 100% safe and you played those retail cartridges online with the hacked Switch, you would not play them on the new console. However I think the chances of the new console/your games being banned are very slim, assuming the games haven't been banned already.

Also if your first console was banned, may I kindly ask you to fill out the ban report form which you can find in the OP?

Patrick327

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really a noob when it comes to switch hacking, although I knew the risks. I'm getting a new switch because I can no longer play my physical games on my banned console, most of them, accept for 2, it says I need to update and when I try I get the console restricted by Nintendo notice, so I'm hoping I'll be able to use this new switch to play my games, but I'm unsure if Nintendo could tell if a game has been on another console that's been hacked. All the games that were not updated b4 I got banned have a cloud symbol on them, not quite sure what that means other than I need to update. Most games it gives me the option to start the game, but then it says I need to download an update, whereby I then get the ban notice by Nintendo when I try to update.

If you want to be 100% safe and you played those retail cartridges online with the hacked Switch, you would not play them on the new console. However I think the chances of the new console/your games being banned are very slim, assuming the games haven't been banned already.

Also if your first console was banned, may I kindly ask you to fill out the ban report form which you can find in the OP?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really a noob when it comes to switch hacking, although I knew the risks. I'm getting a new switch because I can no longer play my physical games on my banned console, most of them, accept for 2, it says I need to update and when I try I get the console restricted by Nintendo notice, so I'm hoping I'll be able to use this new switch to play my games, but I'm unsure if Nintendo could tell if a game has been on another console that's been hacked. All the games that were not updated b4 I got banned have a cloud symbol on them, not quite sure what that means other than I need to update. Most games it gives me the option to start the game, but then it says I need to download an update, whereby I then get the ban notice by Nintendo when I try to update.
You can update your firmware with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX and update your games by downloading their respective updates in .NSP format then install them with a title installer such as Rommenu, DevMenu, Tinfoil, dOPUS, n1dus, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple