Hardware Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite Diode Measurements !

• Thread starter FXDX
  • Start date
  • Views 17,647
  • Replies 18
  • Likes 9

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I found these pictures on the internet with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite Diode Measurements.
I decided to post them here to help the community. Thanks a lot to Steve TheMicrosolderist Ybarra and Jeremy Miller, the authors of these pictures, for the hard work and for making them public. I hope it helps us.

Nintendo Switch Diode Measurements pictures:

Charging_Port_Edited_2.jpg Charging_Port_View_1.jpg Nintendo_Switch_3_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_2_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_FPC_1_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_4_Edited.jpg

Nintendo Switch Lite Diode Measurements pictures:

Nintendo_Switch_Lite_Overall_View_1_Edited.jpg Switch_Lite_Charging_Port_1_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_2_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_3_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_5_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_6_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_4_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_Battery_Edited.jpgNintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_7_Edited.jpg Nintendo_Switch_Lite_FPC_8_Edited.jpg Switch_P13USB_Edited.jpg

Last edited by FXDX,

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I found these pictures on the internet with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite Diode Measurements.
I decided to post them here to help the community. Thanks a lot to Steve TheMicrosolderist Ybarra and Jeremy Miller, the authors of these pictures, for the hard work and for making them public. I hope it helps us.

Nintendo Switch Diode Measurements pictures:

View attachment 208011 View attachment 208012 View attachment 208013 View attachment 208014 View attachment 208015 View attachment 208016

Nintendo Switch Lite Diode Measurements pictures:

View attachment 208037 View attachment 208038 View attachment 208039 View attachment 208040 View attachment 208041 View attachment 208042 View attachment 208043 View attachment 208044View attachment 208045 View attachment 208046 View attachment 208908

do you know where I can buy the FPC 2 for the switch lite

Reactions: mitcha and FXDX

Tunes392

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have blue screen nintedo switch
Reballing done to gpu but still same
I can but in rcm mode but one i choose normal boot goes back to blue screen
Power lines all fine charger
No short

Rams could be problem ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You have diode value for gpu so i can know if working good or no

Sean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I realise this is a fairly old post. But can anyone help me please. I am trying to source fpc3 from the diagram. I seem to have lost the flap that secures the card reader ribbon cable. Failing help sourcing one. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary to clamp the connection and get proper contact or is it merely a security catch so it can't fall out?

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I have blue screen nintedo switch
Reballing done to gpu but still same
I can but in rcm mode but one i choose normal boot goes back to blue screen
Power lines all fine charger
No short

Rams could be problem ?

You have diode value for gpu so i can know if working good or no
Unfortunately I don't have one, but try a RAM reball or eMMC.

Hi. I realise this is a fairly old post. But can anyone help me please. I am trying to source fpc3 from the diagram. I seem to have lost the flap that secures the card reader ribbon cable. Failing help sourcing one. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary to clamp the connection and get proper contact or is it merely a security catch so it can't fall out?
You need her

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry for posting here and 'resurrecting' this thread, but since it's already here..
My board has some missing components, most of them are placed around BQ24193 IC (Switch LITE).
Here's a picture highlighting them:
reqcomp02.png

I was told to have a look at the BQ24193 documentation from Texas Instruments, and I did. But I just can't make out which cap from which size has which working voltage and capacitance. This Switch Lite has a short, which seems to be gone after the diode (between the big cap and the inductor) was removed. So I don't feel like powering on this device anymore - at least until I have replaced that diode; On Youtube, Northridge fix came across a Switch Lite with the same issue, and it was a no fix because the Fixer couldn't find a replacement for this diode, even after inspecting a regular Switch board. Video link:
In the video's comments section, someone speculated it could be this component: GLZ8C-T1, but my guess is it could be the "GLZ18C", a Zener diode, mentioned here (PAGE 4): https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1287878/WON-TOP/GLZ6.8C/1 But I need someone's confirmation on that.
Any info on those components I highlighted in the picture above would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
This post has few value you need. As of the small diode, some board does not have it at all so I do believe you can skip it
Hi guys! The capacitor circled in red shorts. I'm suspecting that the pcb is shorting given that I removed both, the capacitor and the bq24193 and it's still shorted. I removed the solder from the rails as well but didn't work. Is there any other component that might be responsible for shorting the capacitor?
what-is-this-png.225684

Reactions: impeeza

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This post has few value you need. As of the small diode, some board does not have it at all so I do believe you can skip it
Thanks for replying. As for the diode I mentioned, it belongs to Switch LITE boards only, which explains why you haven't seen them on regular Switch boards. However, aren't diodes supposed to keep the current from coming back to the source and damage a chip? Isn't it the case for the diode I mentioned? How safe would it be to proceed without it, have you ever tried that on a Switch Lite board?

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

what-is-this-png.225684
Could you share the link from this picture? I need to know more about the 805 MLCC capacitor (voltage and capacitance).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol