Hacking Question Nintendo Switch always boots after the atmosphere load screen shows

greenPie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,

Some months ago I had atmosphere on my switch and played a donkey kong nsp, well I think the switch lost power in the interum and when I restarted it and try to play donkey kong it says invalid saves (corrupted, but I'm using a FAT32 32GB SD card and the card is readable in windows). This happens before choosing a user to play as.
I was able to get back to the HBM, but I couldn't get it to work again, so I downloaded newer versions of gold leaf (was using 0.2) and quark instead of gold tree, but now when I try to reinstall the nsp it says Invalid NCA (missing sigpatch or low firmware).
Well I think the firmware is old so I was thinking to just get my saves (only from zelda and donkey kong) do a complete system reset and update firmware (using home brew methods) then get the newer home brew tools and reinstall the nsps and hope it works. Is this a good plan?

Switch settings says it's version 6.2.0, and I was looking in hekate and burnt fuses states 8-0

Whats the best way to be sure I have my save files?
Whats the best way to upgrade my firmware safely?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Savefiles will not be altered when upgrading the firmware.
But you need the HBM to run Checkpoint, which can make a backup of specific games to your SD card.
https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint
I don't know if it has a 'back-up' all function.

Upgrading is done with ChoiDuJour.
I have used this manual several times without any problems :
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade

Do make sure you also get the latest Atmosphere and sigpatches for it.

Needless to say but make sure you have a NAND backup around just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-