Homebrew Question nintendo switch 7.0.1 to 6.2 failed downgrade

NikoTmt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Yesterday I decided to downgrade the console from version 7.0.1 to 6.2, but when I finish the process and restart the console to run the cfw I realize that the console remains in the recovery mode and every time I try to start the cfw or of stock sent me error, I did not make a backup of version 7.0.1, what can I do?

Last edited by gamesquest1,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the OP wants help, they should redo their post with correct version numbers and more details about their problem. Saying you downgraded from a version that doesn’t exist and are getting an unspecified error when in recovery (does the OP mean RCM? Who knows!) is not useful.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should know why you want to downgrade as well. There is no mainstream reason to downgrade at this point. Everything works on 7.0.1.

People preserve their fuse so they can go back to lower firmware if they want, another reason is possible permanent CFW.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People preserve their fuse so they can go back to lower firmware if they want, another reason is possible permanent CFW.

You can preserve fuses on 7.0.1 via autoRCM and if you are downgrading from an officially updated 7.0.1, your fuses are already burned.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the OP wants help, they should redo their post with correct version numbers and more details about their problem. Saying you downgraded from a version that doesn’t exist and are getting an unspecified error when in recovery (does the OP mean RCM? Who knows!) is not useful.
yeah i understand, and im sure sometimes i roast people if they make silly mistakes, but lets not spam the thread with talk about a goof its all fixed now :rofl:

D

Deleted User

anyway, try to get your console into recovery mode, press (volume +), (volume -) and (power) buttons at the same time. You should get to a recovery menu. Try to update the console from there and cross your fingers for it to work. Good luck

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can preserve fuses on 7.0.1 via autoRCM and if you are downgrading from an officially updated 7.0.1, your fuses are already burned.

You can boot to lower firmware with RCM so they downgraded to a lower firmware, but the point I was trying to make is that in general being able to boot into OFW without RCM is why people want to preserve fuse and downgrade if they want to.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway, try to get your console into recovery mode, press (volume +), (volume -) and (power) buttons at the same time. You should get to a recovery menu. Try to update the console from there and cross your fingers for it to work. Good luck

I have a feeling that the OP is going to have to downgrade manually on a PC while not preserving the SYSTEM and USER data. Going down from 7.0.1 can, in some situations, get you in a place where you get trapped at the Nintendo logo due unrecognized data being in your system save data.

Maybe it's that, maybe the user is having a simple CFW issue. Without a lot more detail on the OP's part, we'll never know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can boot to lower firmware with RCM so they downgraded to a lower firmware, but the point I was trying to make is that in general being able to boot into OFW without RCM is why people want to preserve fuse and downgrade if they want to.

But, no. That's just not correct. Unless the user downgrading was on a very recent version of Atmosphere and is using AutoRCM, the fuses in question were burned when they upgraded. Meaning that there would be no point in downgrading. And if the fuses weren't burned (recent Atmosphere, which prevents system updates from removing autoRCM + autoRCM enabled at time of update) they would remain unburned even if the user remained on 7.0.1.

Being able to boot into OFW without RCM is valid, but that is not what a mainstream user intends to do by and large. Nearly everyone is running autoRCM.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that the OP is going to have to downgrade manually on a PC while not preserving the SYSTEM and USER data. Going down from 7.0.1 can, in some situations, get you in a place where you get trapped at the Nintendo logo due unrecognized data being in your system save data.

Maybe it's that, maybe the user is having a simple CFW issue. Without a lot more detail on the OP's part, we'll never know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But, no. That's just not correct. Unless the user downgrading was on a very recent version of Atmosphere and is using AutoRCM, the fuses in question were burned when they upgraded. Meaning that there would be no point in downgrading. And if the fuses weren't burned (recent Atmosphere, which prevents system updates from removing autoRCM + autoRCM enabled at time of update) they would remain unburned even if the user remained on 7.0.1.

Being able to boot into OFW without RCM is valid, but that is not what a mainstream user intends to do by and large. Nearly everyone is running autoRCM.

Not really true, some people hates autoRCM due to battery problem.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really true, some people hates autoRCM due to battery problem.

God damn it. How many times do I have to do this.

The 'battery problem' is a myth. The Switch charges just fine in RCM. 10 minutes on the dock equals 4% of battery from 0%, more than enough to boot a payload and continue playing. Or you can just drop the Switch on the dock and wait an hour or two for it to charge.

Last edited by blahblah,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it. How many times do I have to do this.

The 'battery problem' is a myth. The Switch charges just fine in RCM. 10 minutes on the dock equals 4% of battery, more than enough to boot a payload and continue playing. Or you can just drop the Switch on the dock and wait an hour or two for it to charge.

Because Im correct about the AutoRCM, not everyone like AutoRCM, people freak out when their battery ran out of juice on AutoRCM, reason I use it is because I have switches with Mod Chip, it is easier to use but I still gotta pay attention to the battery percentage.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Im correct about the AutoRCM, not everyone like AutoRCM, people freak out when their battery ran out of juice on AutoRCM, reason I use it is because I have switches with Mod Chip, it is easier to use but I still gotta pay attention to the battery percentage.

You are not correct. Anyone here that wants to can verify that what I am saying is correct. Countless people here use AutoRCM. We’re not desperately trying to keep our switches out of the red, for fear of being unable to charge.

Stop spreading myths.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not correct. Anyone here that wants to can verify that what I am saying is correct. Countless people here use AutoRCM. We’re not desperately trying to keep our switches out of the red, for fear of being unable to charge.

Stop spreading myths.

Sure, open a poll please.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with polls is that they let people vote based on whatever they happen to believe. The evidence is in how we don’t have to support people stuck with dead batteries every single day.

Well you said nearly everyone use AutoRCM, so if the poll result give that answer I will give the benefit of the doubt saying that your answer is correct lol.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sure, open a poll please.
i fell for the initial scare mongering when my battery went flat first time around and i had to keep my system on charge for about an hour, then it came back and was fine....well i guess it wasn't even fear mongering, it was just panicking, i dont think i have seen anyone end up with a totally bricked system from autoRCM at worst you just need to leave your switch on charge for an hour or 2

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fell for the initial scare mongering when my battery went flat first time around and i had to keep my system on charge for about an hour, then it came back and was fine....well i guess it wasn't even fear mongering, it was just panicking, i dont think i have seen anyone end up with a totally bricked system from autoRCM at worst you just need to leave your switch on charge for an hour or 2

Yea that part is correct lol, that why my two mod chip switches are like always plug in when not in use, worry about the battery dying panic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.