OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QoAiXl5.png
Goodbye Swapnote.​

Minutes ago, Nintendo shutdown the deliver of Swapnote messages due to the number of underage users and the amount of inappropriate material being shared.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience to the many consumers who have been using this service responsibly; however this decision was made considering the point that many minors also use this feature of Swapnote. Thank you for your understanding.

This is a pretty poor move on N's part. The internet is filled with inappropriate material, and you cant hold our hands forever. It doesn't seem like nintendo is making many strides forward in this new generation of gaming. The accounts systems, lingering friends codes, and now this.

I thought the service was a glorified text messages system or a painful black/white 3d MS Paint program. I can see this affecting users all over the 3DS grid, but not me really. Sorry Chavo, I was looking forward to the end of your story and the drawing of our favorite pokemon.

:bortz: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I already gave my opinion on this in another thread, I quote:
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long, long time.

I don't see how Nintendo could be held in any way responsible for the messages sent over their services - it's the sender who chooses to send offensive material and it's the sender who violates the license agreement of the service - the service itself is perfectly fine and not faulty hence there is no real hook that could pull Nintendo down in terms of liability. Nintendo's as much responsible for SwapNote message content as Yahoo! is of E-Mail messages.

This move is done simply because it's easier to shut down a service than to improve it with a system of moderation and reporting, because as we all know, Nintendo doesn't understand the Internet.

This sounds very appropriate:

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well this is sad news, I really enjoyed Swapnote... Guess it's time to delete the app because I sure as hell am not going to use its StreetPass feature...

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Darn it! I like Swapnote, I usually post silly stuff like "Pizza Time!" and draw a big nice pizza for all my friends to drool on.
And I have never got anything offensive or heard about anyone offensive stuff on there. If I ever find out who fucked this up! Im just sayin! #)!"#(="$)#(=!"#()½!!!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
IDK. Maybe Nintendo will use the same reason to shutdown Flipnote in the future.
All user generated content that has any text or imagery is on the chopping block now. I think that can be assumed.

Open internet stamped letter to Nintendo,
JUST LEAVE PETIT COMPUTER 3D ALONE, PLEASE

With tears, Snail
;O;

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares. All you fucking members I had registered on my 3DS forced me to delete Swap Note a long time ago because you wouldn't stop spamming me with stupid messages or crap drawings. I also deleted all of you too.

Reactions: kehkou and DaggerV

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who cares. All you fucking members I had registered on my 3DS forced me to delete Swap Note a long time ago because you wouldn't stop spamming me with stupid messages or crap drawings. I also deleted all of you too.

Don't judge me, I just find this really hilarious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo