Nintendo Swapnote shutdown world-wide

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by BORTZ, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    Well, i am for one glad they pulled the plug on "crap" note (that's how i always call it).
    I will probably be punished for saying this but it was just a waste or resources...a big SPAM generator.

Man it felt good to let it out...

bezem likes this.
  2. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    There will be alternatives ...
    :ohnoes:

3. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Because, you know, being able to uninstall it or turn off notifications isn't good enough if you personally dislike it, right?

The Milkman, Etheboss and bezem like this.
  4. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    I hate it so no one deserves to use it. So says the almighty Etheboss!

Etheboss and xwatchmanx like this.
  5. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Senkai
    Is that what I said? No, not at all. Not even close. Isaid, his statement is quite incorrect, and that's an example of it.

6. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    To be fair and to play devil's advocate, a user is supposed to be 13 or older to get on the intertubes (facebook, twitter, etc). 5-10 year olds playing on the 3DS very likely do not have a Facebook, and if they did would you be their friend? Would they hang out in forums such as this? Because of these examples I think your reasoning is flawed. I also thought what Pingouin said was funny, so there's that.

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    You're saying that we can't say the 3DS is mainly used by children on the basis that your list of relatives is mostly 15+ people compared to 15- people.

bezem likes this.
  8. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    Also, why does everyone keep saying an animation utility can replace a messenger? The only similarity between Flipnote and Swapnote is you draw and it has the word note.

Ok. Lets break this down.

Supposed to, and a legal set and enforced limit are two different things. I know when I was 10, the only thing keeping me off the internet was my Mom getting on the computer before me.

What decade are you living in? Ten year olds have goddamn Smartphones that COME with these apps on them, see their parents and older siblings constantly checking it, and able to do basic math and spelling. Maybe ten year olds aren't checking it daily and able to fully use it, but an 11 or 12 year old can sure as hell use it.

Probably not here, because its a hotbed of morons who have nothing better to do then argue with people they don't know (Wait... Oh shit...)

But GameFAQs? Gamespot? IGN? NintendoLife? Look at almost ANY of those. I can assure you, you'll find at least ONE ten year old poster after 30 minutes of causal browsing.

(Thanks whoever merged these, really sorry about the double posting.)

xwatchmanx likes this.
  9. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    ^ We need something.
    Also, Flipnote would be a great replacement if you can privately send anims.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted