Nintendo sues paid ROM site ROM Universe

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
any hidden gems I should know about?
and yeah pretty stupid, because this just is asking for it. I mean what else would you expect
Well, depends on the system honestly. For NDS, the only true hidden gem is the original 7th Dragon which is a great game despite being one of the hardest games of all time (to the point people had to mod-in a super easy mode because the "Normal" difficulty for it was about 15 times harder than any of the old Etrian Odysseys' "hard" difficulty just to give you a reference). For GBA, Serious Sam was a nice Doom clone, the Summon Night games were just super interesting at least for the most part, the old Fire Emblem games such as Sword of Seals (from back when the series was actually good and especially that third one that was Japan-only), Batman Vengeance (port of the PC game but someone much more fun to play than original), the Mother 1+2 dual game cartridge and Mother 3 (I mean, of course, not hidden, but hardly anyone plays the GBA version despite being the superior one), Samurai Deeper Kyo (based on that really easily forgotten classic amazing anime and is a fun top down slash and hack), pretty much ALL Yu-Gi-Oh! games besides that Duel Academy one and that will do for now because there are close to 100 games I could recommend out of the ~18000 titles the system had. For older games I'll just suggest Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories (I loved this game since it allowed you to create your very own monster cards, which was fun) on the GBC and Mario Picross (the father of all other picross games and possibly the hardest and most punishing one) also on the GBC. If you want recommendations for a specific system besides those, just let me know:P

Reactions: Mythical

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a PAID rom site? that's just asking to get every company's legal team's eyes locked right onto you.

hope they get taken down, the same people looking for roms aren't the people who are gonna pay for a specific site.
They just might if it's the only option they have. Which it isn't. As far as paying to pirate goes, if people are going to do it, a bunch of people should go in on the fee so the site gets substantially less. Or one person pays and then shares the account.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo is like a crazy, ex lover. nintendo: "if I can't or won't sell you these games at inflated prices on the eshop, then no one else will be making money off of them either."

Reactions: IncredulousP

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i’m usually against nintendo taking down rom sites but considering this is fucking paid by all means nintendo take it down they deserve it since they’re illegally making money of your franchises and games

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paid warez should not exist because it goes against the very idea of getting the content for free and these cancerous uploaders are trying to make a quick buck with reuploads of stuff others released for free.
Yes, everyone should just use free servers with free hardware and free electricity to host said warez.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a tool that can reveal the true URL buried under that shitty adf.ly link, so the assholes who make those links won't get a fuckin'dime from me.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I hope these people go down spectacularly. Can't wait for the inevitable donation begging. I just hope Nintendo did their homework and doesn't just sue some poor sod acting as front for the real people behind that site. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

D

Deleted User

You guys are all fine with piracy sites that have ads though, how is them cutting out the middle man any worse? I'm of the mindset that all piracy is allowed, or none at all. There is no honour among thieves. Sites cost money to run, especially sites that have a wide database of roms. I personally wouldn't pay a dime to them as they probably were a scam site, but I really don't see this being any different to sites that have ads/tracking, if anything at least they aren't selling your personal data without your consent lol

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry but im against it it hurts developers stealing content you dont legally own only modding i support is the custom themes and backgrounds with sound those are impressive.

Azael_inf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all fine with piracy sites that have ads though, how is them cutting out the middle man any worse? I'm of the mindset that all piracy is allowed, or none at all. There is no honour among thieves. Sites cost money to run, especially sites that have a wide database of roms. I personally wouldn't pay a dime to them as they probably were a scam site, but I really don't see this being any different to sites that have ads/tracking, if anything at least they aren't selling your personal data without your consent lol
See, here's the thing. I don't have to spend money to look at an ad.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ads are fine as long as they aren't ad-walls/survey walls (the stupid "verify with phone" BS ads that prevent you from using the page), especially nowadays that XJZ got discontinued (possibly THE best way to avoid BS on pages, was a nice little script that would hide windows from pages, like forced popups and whatnot allowing you to actually click on links to download without having to go through hell first possibly getting a virus also). Paying directly is bad, but ads on the side of the page or something to ensure the site gets the money it needs to stay up isn't a bad thing, the problem is when a site that has pirated stuff asks for money from people looking to pirate, aka the ones who don't plan to pay, why pay a site after all instead of just getting the game if you are paying anyways?:/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill