Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I angered people. I posted this right after the press conference, and I was very disappointed.

I just don't like where Nintendo is going, okay? Maybe I was spoiled by past E3s, I'm too used to being impressed by awesome games and surprise announcements... Especially in 2006. They gave me something to look forward to. This E3 failed to impress me that way.

Regardless, I still stand by some of my points. I still think Nintendo should be spending more time creating the games I want to play. This may sound selfish, but it's the truth.

My original post. Beware: it is flamebait.
Not only do we not get ANY big announcements (besides the stupid Wii microphone - the playstation eye is probably better because it has a camera) they also focused COMPLETELY on casual gaming this year and they DARED to be bribed by Ubisoft and show that daft snowboarding game that wasn't even first party.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
NO Golden Sun 3, NO new Zelda, NO new Metroid, NO new Pokemanz Gold Silver Remakes, NOTHING that anyone who dares to call themselves a "gamer" would like to play. They didn't even show off any MARIO GAMES for fuck's sake. Their (former) flagship franchise. Now what is their flagship franchise? The "Wii" series has pushed Mario off the throne. They're easy and non-costly to make and they sell more units than any hardcore game.

Don't take me wrong, I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan, but over the last three years their E3s have gotten suckier and suckier. Now it's just bragging about their huge sales and showing off casual games (WTF IS WITH THE OLD LADIES?).
wacko.gif

Did you hear the applause after Reggie left the stage? It sounded like the crowd was saying "what a disappointment"

And their bragging... geez... it makes Nintendo sound like a spoiled brat. All those games for the Wii? Half of them are DDI games/shovelware/complete SHIT.
wacko.gif

Where were they two years ago? Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3. E3 was amazing. Now in a matter of two years they've dug themselves this hole.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THEIR GAMES DESERVE TO BE PIRATED. KEEP DOWNLOADING, FELLOW GBATEMPERS

Nintendo will ruin the game industry with all this casual shit.
yaynds.gif
Even Microsoft has taken a cue - with their M$iis. As it becomes less and less cost effective to develop hardcore AAA titles, I fear that in ten years, we will be drowned in this balance board exercise casual shithole while we look back to the last true hardcore games released in 2009/2010.

THIS MARKS THE END OF GAMING AS WE KNOW IT

Discuss Nintendo's phailure this year NAO

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It certainly was a little underwhelming. I still see some cool potential in the Wii Motion Plus but I'm not holding my breath. One thing that was awesome about the conference was that song that played at the end. Who was that by?

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep it to yourself. There are after all, all sorta fanboys(Intel fanboys, i mean a freaken CPU fanboy? rofl.) And you just ticked off a Nintendo Fanboy's brain =O.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck happened to the "several games aimed at the core gamer" thing that they said a month or so back?

serg0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expected more core games. All the games they showed were gimicky and aimed to casual gamers.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dirt4live said:
And where are the cool games : new super mario bros. 2 and Zelda ?
I'm pissed :'(
I was expecting New Mario World WiiWare for some reason but they seemed to completely forget about WiiWare.

Of course last year the Links Crossbow Challenge was shown after so perhaps there could be something, though hopefully nothing as mediocre as that game.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. No kid icarus and golden sun 3, and everthing else, and the wii sports resort, and music both looked like shit. I mean, wth wants to play frisbee, and music was just random tapping of buttons or swinging your arms around. Nothing like playing the sax at all. The drums was more realistic, but seriously, the guy was waaaay off beat for a professional. Anyone else think that animal crossing wii looked like a ds game? I thought it was at first.

At least, gta will be coming to the ds! Also, the hint at the end of the show was stupid. Will they or will they not unveil a new system
sleep.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, i was checking out a live blog on Kotaku for this. When they said "It's Done." i was waiting around till after the credits for that badass nerd payoff... that didn't happen. Can't believe Nintendo pulled the blue-ball so hard this year. Well, i'm still interested to see if anything pops up about this smaller DS. Here's to hoping!
grog.gif

BioHazardN00B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember them saying something at the beginning of the conference about a new Mario and Zelda game coming to the wii, so at least it wasn't a complete failure. Although they did fail to mention anything about those new games >

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG DID YOU SEE Microsoft Xbox E3 conference!!!
THATS kicked sooo much ass.

FUCK nintendo. I used to be a huge fan.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

But Ive switched to Xbox. Gears of war 2, FF: XIII, Star Ocean 4 ------ ALL FTW!!!!!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Nintendo games arent even worth buying. Ill laff at next years E3 when they become desperate and can't brag about theyr system hardware and software sales anymore.
rofl2.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it sucked but they've done worse years that's for sure.

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What the hell was that???!! No new Zelda No new Mario (not even a other crappy Mario sport game!!) No new noting well a other Wii Sport that shows what the wii can do.... But when they will use it in a real game??? And really Wii Music I will not buy that crap.

Nintendo get a clue I hate sport in real life and I do hate sport base games even when it got Mario in the title.

Look like Nintendo forgot about there core fans that where there from the first days..... This was all crap

BioHazardN00B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastermanna123 said:
OMG DID YOU SEE Microsoft Xbox E3 conference!!!
THATS kicked sooo much ass.

FUCK nintendo. I used to be a huge fan.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

But Ive switched to Xbox. Gears of war 2, FF: XIII, Star Ocean 4 ------ ALL FTW!!!!!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Nintendo games arent even worth buying. Ill laff at next years E3 when they become desperate and can't brag about theyr system hardware and software sales anymore.
rofl2.gif

Omigawd Star Ocean 4?!?! Damn me and my bad sense of time, i missed the Microsoft conference T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission