Not open for further replies.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get it, since when was not saying anything the same as not having anything done?
So much internet rage these days...

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Brainy142 said:
I say EPIC FAIL
Hey, thats my line...
yeah they didn't announce any games worth playing...
The motion wii thingy had BETTER have a playable mini-game type thing. If they do that, I won't be as pissed...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what you're saying is "core gamer" is net speak for an entirely "spoiled anal little shit"?

Sure sounds like it.

Never thought I would read a thread that could make a fanboy look like an improvement in comparison.

Hey, if your finished with that DS, I'll buy it off you for 10 bucks. I can use the spare parts off of it.

2008 was great, they came out with Civilization DS (yes not all of us think it's crap).

I wonder if some petulant mod is going to delete this post too. Seems they never like a dissenting view to the threads majority opinion.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
When I heard that Pokemans Mysteryriouslike dungeon sold half a million copies or something crazy it totally justified every ds game that may or may not have found its way on my pc. When THAT game does that well, I have a hard time feeling bad.

It just really saddens me that Microsoft can rip off the Mii idea, then create something new and awesome out of stuff I already have, and put on one hell of a show in comparison to Ninty this year, which only showcased games that have been made before, or games we already knew about.

The sword fighting for the new wii sports looks cool...

And why does animal crossing still look like a NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR GAME?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Alerek said:
When I heard that Pokemans Mysteryriouslike dungeon sold half a million copies or something crazy it totally justified every ds game that may or may not have found its way on my pc. When THAT game does that well, I have a hard time feeling bad.

It just really saddens me that Microsoft can rip off the Mii idea, then create something new and awesome out of stuff I already have, and put on one hell of a show in comparison to Ninty this year, which only showcased games that have been made before, or games we already knew about.

The sword fighting for the new wii sports looks cool...

And why does animal crossing still look like a NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR GAME?
When Iwata said "The way games look are important" or something like that, I thought "graphics upgrade!"...

Now let's see Sony's. Hope they don't have a Wiimote rip-off *crosses fingers*.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even my girlfriend hates those games as well xD

We were yelling at the live cast of the conference: where the hell is Zelda!!?? and stuff like that xD
-and we weren't doing anything dirty, you dirty minded-

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii:

Animal Crossing: City Folk w/ Microphone
Wii Sports Resort with Wii Motion Control
Mad World
Wii Music
Wario Land: Shake It
Mario Super Sluggers
Ninja Town
Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Exclusive Content)
Samba De Amiga
Ghostbusters
Call of Duty 5

DS:

GTA: Chinatown
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Rythm Heaven
Bangai-O Spirits
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy IV
Disgea DS
Populous DS
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
Tecmo Bowl Kick Off
Disgea DS
Sonic: Dark Brotherhood

Entirely too much bitching/fanboy spin/propaganda in this thread.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You (topic starter and those acting like that too) are acting like a mindless fanboy tool ass like Nintendo owes you a fucking living. Grow up. This was not just focusing on casual if you bothered to watch the entire event and see things listed. COD, GTA DS, Snowboarding, 1:1 control (despite the game), Animal Crossing, voice chat, and more are anything but casual. Time to return under the bridge you crawled out from the sunlight must have bleached your mind. Demanding a new Mario, Zelda, etc already...you truly have no concept of time it takes to put something together.

I admit it didn't have as much of a blow out impact as some years, but this is one of those interim periods where big stuff happened last show then hit, and now you're getting a much calmer wave and panic breaks out...whatever.

Fact is a few really slick things were shown, and what's special is that 1 of the 2 is a bundled in thing so that'll help it move quite a bit. That 1:1 pointer may scream more hardcore, but being bundled with effectively a Wii Sports 2 will get the casuals up on that with some damn high sales just like Wii Fit and Sports(outside the states where you had to pay.) The voice chat thing a LOT of you been bitchin about for awhile, and now you got it and it uses the usb jack of the system for something other than dust collection. Odds are that mic will hit for $20 as $30 wouldn't move and $10 would be too cheap...and that'll help.

Off the parts bandwagon, Animal Crossing on the Wii looks to be forming up as a mix of more the same, but some things that seemed to suck/miss with the DS one that got boring fast are addressed. Lots of NEW stuff are added, and be damn sure that mic will get used for global chit-chat with friends as it's WiFi(the game) based. Hell...with the AC potential from hardcore and casual, that could also have the mic as a pack-in to get it way out there so they can make mic standard on much things w/out overhead to many gamers. The snowboarding game I can't say much on as it's not my thing, but from the appearance of it all that does come off pretty slick too.

Personally I'm happy really with the 3rd party stuff alone at that show mentioned for both formats. COD we know my feelings on, but damn GTA on the DS? I LOVE the GBA game and still play that one, and this game Rockstar says is more of the same from consoles, you have the city in 3D...yay on that. I'm really liking my Guitar Hero DS game too, and it's nice to see my part isn't a one hit wonder that it came with, so given the tracks are good stuff I'm in, and the fact you can make/share stuff kicks ass.

Yes it's not a 10/10 show...hell it's a 7 really because it's filler and stuff, but the killer accessories really made the event. Also, if you look about Nintendo did release a list of games, dated (or at least put in a quarter) of things to come and are at the show and the lineup is stellar (finally for Wii.)

Yah I'm pissed slightly the new handheld wasn't brought up or Kid Icarus considering what I was told, but I was told it was possible they'd hold it for later whatever that means (during the week or in another show of their own/larger one.)

...oh and I know I left out Wii Music because I just never cared. It to me seems like a more clumsy version of Rockband but in a classical instrument type way that doesn't force you to get a large $180 box kit with one shot wonder parts.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The biggest problem was that too much hype was created for the Nintendo conference.. not by Nintendo but by the media and fanboys.. too much speculation around a new Zelda, new DS model, Kid Icarus.. and none of those happened
tongue.gif

Now.. keep in mind that there are a lot of games already announced that wasn't shown like Kirby Super Star, Fire Emblem DS and Wario Land Shake It!
On the other hand, Sony and MS tried to show every game they had..

Also, Iwata said that both Mario and Zelda teams are working on something..

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CockroachMan said:
Also, Iwata said that both Mario and Zelda teams are working on something..

The unfortunate part is you only really got that if you watched and listened carefully to a feed or otherwise. On the other hand, even if they had tossed up a screenshot or two, nay, even just some concept art, people would have much more to be excited about. They don't have to make any promises about it either, they didn't by saying "it was being worked on" and they wouldn't have if they had show a pic or two.

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't even read the OP... Yeah thats a little bit of an overreaction. I might not have been completely satisfied by the release today, but it was still pretty good.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo usually keeps their stuff under wraps until Spaceworld anyway. They are doing spaceworld this year right? (I don't think they did last year). If they aren't doing Spaceworld this year, then yeah; this showing was pretty bad. Low amount of titles in general, a few surprises (GTA but some screenies would have been nice), but all in all the biggest announcement was the Wii Motion +; but again they didn't give out much info on it which was rather disappointing (Does it make older games more accurate, etc etc.). WiiSports 2 is great and all, but that was a rather limited demonstration.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you so surprised? We've all been watching the DS and the Wii, we already know Nintendo's a dead-end road for more serious gamers. It won't "destroy the industry", Nintendo have just dropped out of the console war to pursue a different audience. Sony and Microsoft will keep battling it out for the gamer's attention, whereas Nintendo would rather be a household brand. Let's face it; Nintendo isn't meant for us anymore.

Come to think of it, Nintendo was always the black sheep of the three. It used to have a reputation for producing kiddy consoles, so maybe they realised that gamers would never take their family-friendly entertainment seriously and decided the casual market would be an easier target. As for E3 well, why bother developing Zelda when you can just slap a pedometer on the side of a DS and watch the cash roll in? Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah you do you got @BakerMan @AncientBoi and @BigOnYa