Nintendo starts to hit Flashcart dealers.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i sent them a report of piracy and said this in every comment box:

stopping sales of a product that can be used to pirate, even when the website said not to do that is disgusting. im going to buy a psp and tell everyone i know to pirate games from nintendo.

i hope they like it (no way am i buying a psp im just going to start pirateing (more))

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They better not close RealHotStuff.com...also look at their flash card images page:
http://ap.nintendo.com/detect/photos/devices/copiers_ds.jsp
They're all outdated, I've never even heard of a "moon media player" (I guess it's a flashcart that has moonshell on it?) The most recent thing they have is the R4, and that's the old version. They also mention Wii modchips, but how would you see one without it being in your own Wii? (since one of the main parts of this site is to report piracy devices and things)

EDIT:WTH? They (nintendo) refer to copied Wii games on Bit Torrent as "Wii Roms"

Lol this was about some company who had 1000 "R4 copying devices"
QUOTE said:
In addition to the counterfeit Nintendo products, police also seized a working Bazooka gun from the criminals.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
baffle-boy said:
i sent them a report of piracy and said this in every comment box:

stopping sales of a product that can be used to pirate, even when the website said not to do that is disgusting. im going to buy a psp and tell everyone i know to pirate games from nintendo.

i hope they like it (no way am i buying a psp im just going to start pirateing (more))

You're a genius!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What a poor attempt in combating piracy, if they really want to do something can't they just work with the US and Japanese governments.

Overlord Zetta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
What a poor attempt in combating piracy, if they really want to do something can't they just work with the US and Japanese governments.

Indeed Hop2089, it is rather pathetic isn't it. Shutting down Flashcart dealers doesn't solve anything in the long run, the roms are still out there on the internet. The fact that they haven't updated their little AP propaganda manual is even more pathetic.

Sigh, and this was a company I once admired and loved. Now I almost feel completely the opposite. Nintendo seems to have become a dictatorship of sorts...

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Unfortunately, Nintendo and its over 100 independent publishers and developers lose hundreds of millions of dollars per year to international pirates and counterfeiters.

Hahaha, hundreds of millions of dollars my ass. Even if there is a slight possibility they would lose that much (which isn't), it makes me want to pirate more.

What a bunch of idiots, they should just give up, no matter what they do, it's a war they can't win, ever. Pirates will always exist. Beside, I am not ever gonna pay for any nintendo stuff ever again, it's expensive as hell and I don't want to pay if I can get it for free. I'D rather keep my money for food and important stuff and get free entertainment while those morons try to stop piracy.

This goes for DS, DSi, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360. I would pirate the PS3 if it was possible, but it's not.

Overlord Zetta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
QUOTE said:
Unfortunately, Nintendo and its over 100 independent publishers and developers lose hundreds of millions of dollars per year to international pirates and counterfeiters.

Hahaha, hundreds of millions of dollars my ass. Even if there is a slight possibility they would lose that much (which isn't), it makes me want to pirate more.

What a bunch of idiots, they should just give up, no matter what they do, it's a war they can't win, ever. Pirates will always exist. Beside, I am not ever gonna pay for any nintendo stuff ever again, it's expensive as hell and I don't want to pay if I can get it for free. I'D rather keep my money for food and important stuff and get free entertainment while those morons try to stop piracy.

This goes for DS, DSi, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360. I would pirate the PS3 if it was possible, but it's not.

Heh, it is true. This is a war Nintendo cannot win. However, instead of being smart about it, they all blindly attack whatever seems most convinient. Why can Nintendo not stop.....oh wait I know the answer to this!

Nintendo is greedy, now the only thing they care about is Money. I had hoped that they would remain the company that cared about the gamers as a whole like they were years ago....Guess I expected too much.

Maybe it is true, that money is the root of all evil...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Zetta said:
Hop2089 said:

Indeed Hop2089, it is rather pathetic isn't it. Shutting down Flashcart dealers doesn't solve anything in the long run, the roms are still out there on the internet. The fact that they haven't updated their little AP propaganda manual is even more pathetic.

Sigh, and this was a company I once admired and loved. Now I almost feel completely the opposite. Nintendo seems to have become a dictatorship of sorts...

So true...
frown.gif

I guess it's time to say good bye to the old days.
Also, if flashcard dealers are shut down, it wouldn't do too much other than raise prices everywhere else (or keep them the same) and they can't shut down every dealer. I think DX should be safe at least.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They can't shut anyone down, it's impossible. There is more pirates then multi-billions dollars corporations who fights piracy.

If you shut something down, 10 more places show up.

If you take the exem-0ple of Nappster back in the days, who got shut down, well, it didn't last long, more file sharing service came up, like Kazaa, limewire and other stuff people use.

A war against piracy is a war that no one can win. Pirates will always be there, this alone make them the winner.

I liked Nintendo too back in the days. Now, I pirate DSi, Wii, 360 games because they are damn too expensive and I pirate PSP stuffs because lets face it, what Sony offer with the PSP is crap (also expensive).

When they do stuff like that, it makes me want to pirate more (and I will).

I was planning to buy the really good DS and Wii games (like pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver the day they would come to North America), but now, I won't. I will never buy any DS and Wii stuff EVER AGAIN.

I urge anyone with a flashcart or a modchip to do the same.

Overlord Zetta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
They can't shut anyone down, it's impossible. There is more pirates then multi-billions dollars corporations who fights piracy.

If you shut something down, 10 more places show up.

If you take the exem-0ple of Nappster back in the days, who got shut down, well, it didn't last long, more file sharing service came up, like Kazaa, limewire and other stuff people use.

A war against piracy is a war that no one can win. Pirates will always be there, this alone make them the winner.

I liked Nintendo too back in the days. Now, I pirate DSi, Wii, 360 games because they are damn too expensive and I pirate PSP stuffs because lets face it, what Sony offer with the PSP is crap (also expensive).

When they do stuff like that, it makes me want to pirate more (and I will)

True, true. Lets all look it at this in a way that we all have probably done once before.

Pirates are exactly like a Hydra, you cut off one head and three more grow in it's place. You can never really defeat the beast, because it always divides and grows.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
lol, no matter what another flashcart team will pop up every time another is taken down (like the R4 in Japan) and there is NOTHING that can be done about their stuff being pirated over the internet.

i for one find it funny sometimes, i laughed my ass off when Ubisoft blamed their Petz and Imagine games' failures on piracy.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some research told that almost everyone in the USA with a DS have a Flashcard, so it isn't that weird they want to ban that!

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo says the flashcart, or "Game Copies," are illegal, becuase of piracy. The reason why Nintendo wants anti-piracy is becuase the company's economy is going down for their business, and lose hundreds of jobs.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
This is stupid. Flashcarts aren't always used for piracy. Damn you Nintendo.

kwartel said:
Some research told that almost everyone in the USA with a DS have a Flashcard, so it isn't that weird they want to ban that!

Where are you getting that wack info? Even if it was true at least back it up with a source.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
jakob95 said:
Nintendo is starting to close down websites that sell Flashcarts as off now. First website they seemed to close is thedsdeals.com

They even make a new site for the Anti-Piracy campaign.

http://ap.nintendo.com/
\

That's actually a pretty neat site.

They have pics of counterfit handheld carts.

http://ap.nintendo.com/detect/photos/
indeed, the site is actually rather well-researched in a lot of places. while they don't actually mention homebrew it's still pretty informative.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
benjaminlibl said:
This is stupid. Flashcarts aren't always used for piracy. Damn you Nintendo.

kwartel said:

Where are you getting that wack info? Even if it was true at least back it up with a source.
It was in a Dutch newspaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1