Nintendo starts to hit Flashcart dealers.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Wow if you read their faq they answer questions about the debate on emulators and they completely skip over the fact that alot of people use them to play "legal" backups of games they have bought.
That's a myth; owning a game does not grant you the rights to make or keep a copy of it.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Pretty much what Psyfira said, that whole business of its "your" game is misguided. I dont see anything wrong with what ninty are doing, if i was a company id do all i can to protect my companys IP's, Theyre just trying to make sure they make as much money as they can. In future tho they should spend more time into looking into better ways of protecting future consoles from being hacked. I mean look at sony with the psp go, they've already stated theyve done alot to try to make it unhackable.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They cant really close down most of the stores as they is a legal grey area over flash carts as they are intended to play homebrew which is user created and so is legal as it does not require you to modify the console in any way

So i think that most site like the gbatemp sponsors and other great store like DX will be fine
biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude plus remember what Ubisoft said about there Imagine games that no one is buying it because of piracy? Well on my ROM website it tells you how many people downloaded a Rom and for Imagine its over 10000 for some of the Imagine games maybe it is because of Piracy.

EDIT: Topic = Win. Never had a topic that I made 5 pages
biggrin.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
They cant really close down most of the stores as they is a legal grey area over flash carts as they are intended to play homebrew which is user created and so is legal as it does not require you to modify the console in any way

So i think that most site like the gbatemp sponsors and other great store like DX will be fine
biggrin.gif

Thinking that flashcarts are intended for homebrew is naive, thats just a cover story...The main reason theyre made is to allow people to play games for free.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jaxxster said:
danny600kill said:

biggrin.gif

Thinking that flashcarts are intended for homebrew is naive, thats just a cover story...The main reason theyre made is to allow people to play games for free.

I no that 99% of people use them for games but they have a legit reason for being built and in the eyes of the law aslong as the creator tell people they can not use this cart for gaming then they are legally safe. well not totally safe but they have some legal protection

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes but stealing is stealing as supposedly for every game you download thats one lossed sale for nintendo but they dont understand that most games we pirate we would never buy as they arnt worth it and so if nintendo and other developers starting making better games and selling them at lower price then they would of solved the pirate porblem, well not 100% but it would be decreased.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Giga_Gaia said:
CheatingSoi said:
Vidboy10 said:
I told you Nintendo....
I wouldn't pirate your games IF THEY WEREN'T SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE.

DS Games arnt that expensive...

Even 20$ for a new game imo is too expensive. I mean, it's just some little cartbridge.

lucky
biggrin.gif
over here it cost at least around 30+ ~ 60+ for a ds game, pff, thats nearly the same price as a pc game :|

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any game I downloaded I wouldn't have ever bought in the first place even if I couldn't have download them. I wouldn't ever spend my money on a video game as I have a life and waste my money on important thing that benefit me in life and Nintendo has to learn about that. Just because they are video game freak that buys every game there is doesn't mean everyone is also.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Nintendo is starting to realize they will never win the Piracy War. They are making a good start of making money again by joining the candy factory. Lmao they are starting to make candy because no one wants to buy there video games. I hope them success in there new Candy business.

Hey look what my little brother just bought in the store Lmao I took a pic off it.

SDC10433.JPG

D

Deleted User

danny600kill said:
I no that 99% of people use them for games but they have a legit reason for being built and in the eyes of the law aslong as the creator tell people they can not use this cart for gaming then they are legally safe. well not totally safe but they have some legal protection
For this to be true, the flashcart creators better stop updating the firmware if a game doesn't work (just an example -> Acekard FW update). Also, I don't recall any team saying their carts are intended for homebrew use _only_, so unless they start saying that (which will lead to less sales from uninformed buyers), this argument is rather weak.
Furthermore, the latest bootloader update for the DSi range of carts contains (parts of) code of a commercial game, which _is_ illegal, so they can't (legally) sell these carts, even if they (can) change it back to their own icon/title.

A few years ago Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft sued Lik-Sang.com for selling mod-chips and flashcarts and they had to stop selling these items, so the area can't be that grey, imo.

edit: @jakob95: Are you sure there was no bigger picture of it around?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/