Nintendo starts to hit Flashcart dealers.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the fact is, because I'm a pirate I've bought my DS and Wii and other hardware, so...

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
benjaminlibl said:
This is stupid. Flashcarts aren't always used for piracy. Damn you Nintendo.
That's why Nintendo is now hosting the anti-piracy campaign to increase and save the economy for their business!
yaynds.gif
that doesn't make sense. homebrew writing is a huge turn-on to the systems for hobbyist programmers and the like, not to mention multimedia on a DS. besides piracy it's just another reason to buy their product.

the reason Nintendo wants flashcarts to be illegal is also because they're not the one making them and raking in the dough. i'm quite shocked that they haven't sunk Datel for this.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a lot to be said about this war between Nintendo vs Privacy. In general they can't stop it because look at how they tried to stop the R4; the original company that made them. Now there's three different kind of clones representing the r4.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Advice Dog said:
indeed, the site is actually rather well-researched in a lot of places. while they don't actually mention homebrew it's still pretty informative.
Of course they do not mention homebrew. It is something legal that goes against their ideas of a locked-down platform, enabling users to use software Nintendo does not get any licensing money from without violating IP laws.
Also, that Mario reminds me of http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=...id=104:level-58

Gandev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't this sound stupid.If this happens Microsoft and all game publishers should ban all DVD disks, because windows and other stuff can be copied into them....
blink.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, Ninty is doing this to appease their 3rd-party's. They have to show that they are doing something about piracy so the 3rd's will keep making shovelware for the DS/Wii.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
QUOTE said:
Unfortunately, Nintendo and its over 100 independent publishers and developers lose hundreds of millions of dollars per year to international pirates and counterfeiters.

Hahaha, hundreds of millions of dollars my ass. Even if there is a slight possibility they would lose that much (which isn't), it makes me want to pirate more.

What a bunch of idiots, they should just give up, no matter what they do, it's a war they can't win, ever. Pirates will always exist. Beside, I am not ever gonna pay for any nintendo stuff ever again, it's expensive as hell and I don't want to pay if I can get it for free. I'D rather keep my money for food and important stuff and get free entertainment while those morons try to stop piracy.

This goes for DS, DSi, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360. I would pirate the PS3 if it was possible, but it's not.

Yeh there's no way they lose that much. I wouldn't even bother buying 9/10 of the ds games I download if I actually HAD the money. and if it weren't for my R4 I wouldn't even have a DS anymore I'd have bought a PSP a long time ago so Nintendo, STFU & GTFO! (bitches)

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nintendo really shoulda done something before hand to prevent people pirating. I mean, better games, better console protection and decent online play. I mean take the 360, even tho it can be hacked its not easy to do for a novice whereas a ds owner can go out and buy a cart and mem car then transfer files simples...Then look at the risks of flashing your 360, you could get banned from live which is a huge worry for people so people opt out of flashing thier consoles.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The creation of a single video game often takes several years of work for teams of game developers, artists, animators, musicians, motion capture artists and many others.

Several years??

where do the get that from?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
QUOTE said:
The creation of a single video game often takes several years of work for teams of game developers, artists, animators, musicians, motion capture artists and many others.

Several years??

where do the get that from?
...how long did you think it takes? 1-3 years is the standard for today's games

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Nintendo should make an update, release a shovelware where you can do some save hacks to hack the console. Then repeat when they make a proper hack where you dont need to buy anything. This way they'll make money. I bought my Twilight Princess because of this reason.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the least they could do to us is make sure we never unlock DSi mode. Or make there own flascharts that are clones of the R4 or Acekard that bricks your DS.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow if you read their faq they answer questions about the debate on emulators and they completely skip over the fact that alot of people use them to play "legal" backups of games they have bought.

I agree with alot of points made here, they have nothing to complain about they are gaining about 15 times more money than they are actually losing if not alot more. And if they want to stop piracy maybe a DS game shouldn't be 40 fucking dollars.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everybody, why not we report all the scamming/bad websites? That way, we can get more people to shop at good sites, such as GBAtemp affiliates!

Then again, that would make it easier for Nintendo to close down good websites
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive