Hacking Nintendo Says they can ban users in new tos or BS?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suppose I will just continue as normal and just hope I am not one of the first
tongue.gif

EDIT:P.S. Wouldn't we need to accept the update by updating to 3.4 for it to be legal?

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ericthegreat said:
tongue.gif

EDIT:P.S. Wouldn't we need to accept the update by updating to 3.4 for it to be legal?

I think so.
I will never accept the new 3.4 ToS, don't want to have them updating my system without my authorization.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
Ericthegreat said:
tongue.gif

I think so.
I will never accept the new 3.4 ToS, don't want to have them updating my system without my authorization.
*sigh*
They already COULD update your Wii.

This just rephrases it. (for clarity or as a scare technique)

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is what you do...

download and burn games until the backup loader just doesn't work anymore and nobody can be bothered to make it work anymore. You should have a couple of thousand by then.

Buy another Wii - they're cheap enough - and buy games for it that you just can't get to run/need to update. Easy.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they were smart, they'd use better copy protection in their hardware and games. The encryption key for the wii was just a backwards key of the gamecube's key. Also I had some trouble getting an import to load "illegal device detected" but geckoos bypassed that. I believe that if they added such protection to more games and made variants of the protection, that could combat piracy quite a bit.

But in my HONEST OPINION people who pirate the games wouldn't bother buying them anyway if they couldn't pirate them any more. There may be some that would but it would be an insignificant minority.

And yeah I agree they should ban people modding nintendo products online because quite often people figure out how to cheat and that can't be any fun for legit users.

I wholeheartedly believe that nintendo anti piracy personnel do nearly nothing at their job. Back in SNES days, the only times you'd see a SNES bbs get busted was after Sega went in after their share and turned it over to Nintendo when there was SNES software on the site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night