Nintendo Says they can ban users in new tos or BS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ericthegreat, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Some ppl were talking about it on Wiiso is it true that Nintendo updated the ToS to say they can ban you or is that BS?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    yes it's true! they should ban pirates from online, including me...but they just....Don't!

3. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Suppose I will just continue as normal and just hope I am not one of the first [​IMG]

EDIT:P.S. Wouldn't we need to accept the update by updating to 3.4 for it to be legal?

4. Jytach

Member Jytach GBAtemp Regular

Brazil

I think so.
    I will never accept the new 3.4 ToS, don't want to have them updating my system without my authorization.

5. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    so they found a way to find out if your using copied games?
    cuz that's the only way they could stop you from playing online unless they are talking about cheaters not pirates.

6. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    *sigh*
    They already COULD update your Wii.

This just rephrases it. (for clarity or as a scare technique)

7. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

this is what you do...

download and burn games until the backup loader just doesn't work anymore and nobody can be bothered to make it work anymore. You should have a couple of thousand by then.

Buy another Wii - they're cheap enough - and buy games for it that you just can't get to run/need to update. Easy.

8. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    If they were smart, they'd use better copy protection in their hardware and games. The encryption key for the wii was just a backwards key of the gamecube's key. Also I had some trouble getting an import to load "illegal device detected" but geckoos bypassed that. I believe that if they added such protection to more games and made variants of the protection, that could combat piracy quite a bit.

But in my HONEST OPINION people who pirate the games wouldn't bother buying them anyway if they couldn't pirate them any more. There may be some that would but it would be an insignificant minority.

And yeah I agree they should ban people modding nintendo products online because quite often people figure out how to cheat and that can't be any fun for legit users.

I wholeheartedly believe that nintendo anti piracy personnel do nearly nothing at their job. Back in SNES days, the only times you'd see a SNES bbs get busted was after Sega went in after their share and turned it over to Nintendo when there was SNES software on the site.