Hardware Nintendo respond to email regarding region locking

ThatNPC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether they will actually forward this to someone in the right department about your request, highly unlikely they will.
I've sent emails regarding numerous things about the DS, DSi, etc. All my responses have said "We will forward your request" blah blah blah.
But I'd love it if they removed region lock, I'd love to buy the Cobalt Blue 3DS ^-^

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it so hard to pause the video put on HD and fullscreen and read?
No offense, but unless you get actual word from Nintendo about what you initially messaged them about besides the usual, obligatory, copy/paste "we've received your message" message, this thread is kinda pointless.

I read what it said, and the email had absolutely nothing to do about them responding to the actual issue of region locking, the thread title is misleading...

It's kinda like me dialing up some celebrity's phone and then reporting on how their voice mail sounds.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem I'm trying to outline is watching movies or playing video games in a language that you do not understand at all or understand it barely. I wouldn't watch a film in, say, Suahili - I don't understand the language. Subtitles are helpful however they can sometimes spoil the experience since instead of focusing on the show proper, you focus on reading whatever's on the bottom of the screen and that's not ideal to say the least.

I get what you're trying to say - that watching or playing something in its original form is a good thing. It is. The problem being that if you cannot understand the original language it only makes the experience inferior since you can't exactly fit into the nuances of the story.

>< This statement angers me. You assume that all people are at the same level of reading. After watching subbed media of various forms for 2 years now, I read them fast enough to mentally translate the voices into English (to the point where it essentially becomes a dub). This means that I don't have to focus at all on whats at the bottom of the screen, in fact sometimes I forget the writing is even there. To some people your example makes sense however to those of us who put the effort in watching subbed media can be a very rewarding experience. The same goes for games, I would take a sub over a dub any day as I find it tends to add much more to the storyline (in my experience).

Reactions: OldClassicGamer

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
>< This statement angers me. You assume that all people are at the same level of reading. After watching subbed media of various forms for 2 years now, I read them fast enough to mentally translate the voices into English (to the point where it essentially becomes a dub). This means that I don't have to focus at all on whats at the bottom of the screen, in fact sometimes I forget the writing is even there. To some people your example makes sense however to those of us who put the effort in watching subbed media can be a very rewarding experience. The same goes for games, I would take a sub over a dub any day as I find it tends to add much more to the storyline (in my experience).

I agree with you. I am used reading subs ever since age 4 because my mother prefered watching in original language. Today, I can play any japanese video game and read subs while action is going on without problems and I never miss important scene in movie. Everyone can do it, but for some, practise will be needed

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
--- Original Message ---
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Webform > General Information

Hello, Nintendo. I want to ask you something. Will there be a DLC for Kid Icarus Uprising? I don't like English voices and I always play games on original language (in this case Japanese). I originally wanted to get Japanese version of Kid Icarus but sadly 3DS is region locked so I couldn't play it. So can you bring Japanese voices to American fans by making eShop channel DLC? I wouldn't even mind paying for it 10$. Or perhaps you could make 3DS region fre with update in future which I would really like since I am always against region locking. Region Free is a really good thing and we on this planet will never globalize if all consoles don't become region free without hacking them hacking is illegal. Can you please do something about this Nintendo. DS was region free and that was best decission you made. Why isn't 3DS region free? Please make it Region free.

Reply from Nintendo.

Nintendo Consumer Service <[email protected]>

(black bar)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I can certainly understand your feelings on this issue. I'll make sure that what you said about adding Japanese voice acting DLC or removing region locking from the Nintendo 3DS will be forwarded, so your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the types of changes you sugeested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas. Keep checking our website's "What's New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Jason Smith
Nintendo of America Inc.

For the latest information on the new Wii U console, please visit our website at http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

(bunch of social network links)

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com

-------------------------------------------------

I just saved you all from having to watch a shitty youtube video.

D

Deleted User

I just read their message and I guess saying they'll remove the region lock just because of what they said in that message is a reaally loose super-optimistic (mis)interpretation of what they said ( and I really don't want to watch 20 minutes fo that )

Nintendo e-mail says:

Thanks for sharing your comments with us, I can certainly understand your feelings on this issue. I'll make sure that what you said about adding japanese voice acting DLC or removing region locking from the Nintendo 3DS will be forwarded, so your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the type of changes you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

Nintendo is always developing new ideas bla bla bla keep checking bla bla

that's it.
in simpler words,
"thanks for writing! I even read your message and stuff!"

they have say it will be forwarded because if they just say they can't do anything about it, they get even more, angrier, complaints. Strategy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1