Hardware Nintendo respond to email regarding region locking

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
No, they will never make it region free as Nintendo always think ahead when it comes for planing , they also make lots of case studies to make a better decision each time they make a game system if you remember the Wii it was region locked , it is also the best sealing game system to date, so following this methodology they will never make a region free.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets start with the free search engine you would probably be lost without. Then lets add all the bajillions of free services they proved. Maps, email, cloud storage, documents, books, shopping, oh and probably the slick ass browser your using right now.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
How would it be stupid to remove it? I understand that they have right to keep region lock which they will probably do, but removing it would actually be cool. And also, response to other peope, I just qouted Nintendo. I didn't say this is 100% what will happen? Also I had no interest of spamming anyone and if you people felt I was spamming, I am truly sorry for that and I didn't mean to do it
Stupid for their own business and even possibly the consumer in the long run when it comes to having more games translated for us.
Depending on how they play their cards the lock can end up maximizing both the profit and efficiency for future international releases, possibly giving them more funds for future projects and clearer strategies on what games to localize. Even if things aren't looking so bright right now on that front, we still don't know what games will end up getting translations. If Nintendo is smart they could use their savings for personally localizing 3rd party games despite what other developers previously has said about localization plans. Actually Nintendo did show interest in doing exactly just that in an interview not too long ago.

So if my somewhat speculative post holds any truth we could end up having a few more translated games instead of having a region free system with all games directly available as Japanese imports, but not as many actual translated releases.

All of this is part of the reasoning behind the lock, however in reality things can turn out differently. Let's see what happens before we start complaining as we might have to eat our hats later because of it. I know I'm not personally happy about the lock either, but if we're lucky we might still see some of those games getting localized at some point in the 3DS's life.

Reactions: gamefan5

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No, they will never make it region free as Nintendo always think ahead when it comes for planing , they also make lots of case studies to make a better decision each time they make a game system if you remember the Wii it was region locked , it is also the best sealing game system to date, so following this methodology they will never make a region free.

Yeah, Wii was not region free but many people I know have priiloader and it is region free thanks to hack.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's gonna sound a bit weird but honestly at this point I kind of hope they don't remove region locking, provided that Neimod and/or Yellow08 release their mods sometime in the future.

If the 3DS stays normally region locked people who are usually more hesitant on console modding will be introduced to homebrew through releasing their region locks and we'll have a much bigger scene around to write and test 3DS homebrew while still being able to play games from out of the country.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's gonna sound a bit weird but honestly at this point I kind of hope they don't remove region locking, provided that Neimod and/or Yellow08 release their mods sometime in the future.

If the 3DS stays normally region locked people who are usually more hesitant on console modding will be introduced to homebrew through releasing their region locks and we'll have a much bigger scene around to write and test 3DS homebrew while still being able to play games from out of the country.

That Will most likely be what will happen in future since nintendo probably wont remove region locking. But even if they do remove it, I would still hack 3DS because lots of interesting homebrew will come. And yeah, I was introduced to homebrew thanks to wii region lock. I got Priiloader, and bunch of other great stuff :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3DS is hardware region locked, nothing will work to remove the region. Unless someone gets things running off of a cart, but hopefully its not something backwards like that. Lets hope its CFW.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If the 3DS is hardware region locked, nothing will work to remove the region. Unless someone gets things running off of a cart, but hopefully its not something backwards like that. Lets hope its CFW.

3DS is software region locked, thanks to home menu so no hardware problems. Same with Wii and that got hacked and region unlocked.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the sooner the console is hacked to remove the region locking the better, asking nintendo to remove it is like asking hitler to stop tormenting the jews, it just not going to happen, this is why the hacking scene exists because of practices like this, tbh i have no idea why the hackers are holding back exploits for the 3ds there is so much potential with the 3ds if it was cracked wide open.

you have to laugh at people who said nintendo need more money do you know how much they are seriously worth? if anything it's pure corporal greed just like disc locked content and micro transactions, the sooner the region locking is removed the better, you have to ask yourself, why did nintendo all of a sudden region lock the 3ds when in the past all their handhelds have always been region free, it's all about change, exploitation and maximum profits, that is why it's there, no other reason.

now excuse me while i get back to god of war ascension.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the sooner the console is hacked to remove the region locking the better, asking nintendo to remove it is like asking hitler to stop tormenting the jews, it just not going to happen, this is why the hacking scene exists because of practices like this, tbh i have no idea why the hackers are holding back exploits for the 3ds there is so much potential with the 3ds if it was cracked wide open.

you have to laugh at people who said nintendo need more money do you know how much they are seriously worth? if anything it's pure corporal greed just like disc locked content and micro transactions, the sooner the region locking is removed the better, you have to ask yourself, why did nintendo all of a sudden region lock the 3ds when in the past all their handhelds have always been region free, it's all about change, exploitation and maximum profits, that is why it's there, no other reason.

now excuse me while i get back to god of war ascension.

Good comment, I agree. Nintendo probably won't remove it, but hack will

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's not impossible that they'll remove the region lock. They've been better at simultaneous (or near simultaneous) releases in different regions though, so I don't really mind.
What I do mind though, is how local wifi is region locked. That just doesn't make any sense. Why shouldn't I be able to play MK7 in local wifi with my little brother when I visit my dad in Singapore? Playing it online isn't a big issue, unless you want CPUs enabled, which I usually do because playing VS with just 2 people is boring.

loco365

Trophies
XP
the sooner the console is hacked to remove the region locking the better, asking nintendo to remove it is like asking hitler to stop tormenting the jews, it just not going to happen,
Pretty much this. Nintendo was the first to implement region lock (Being on the PAL NES systems) and will probably be the last people with it on their systems. If they even get rid of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.