Nintendo Repaired my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by screwx, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009

Nintendo Repaired my Wii by screwx at 2:52 AM (853 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. screwx
    OP

Newcomer screwx Member

Venezuela
    So after the 4.2U update my Wii was bricked and it was sent back to Nintendo for warranty repair.

After setting everything up I tried launching a DVD Backup using neogamma and it gave me a DVD Read Error. I tried this with a few of my backups with the same result.

I have read before that there are certain Wiis that just won't read burned discs (In my case DVD-Rs) Now this wasn't a problem before the repairs.

My Wii has no solid evidence of being cracked open and it's the same unit I sent in (I know cause of the Serial #)

Is Nintendo known for swapping out whole internals during repairs?

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? They could also update your Wii's Boot1. Therefore, the serial number (or the sticker, in that case) doesn't represent anything. A simple change of hardware can do the job for them.

3. screwx
    OP

Newcomer screwx Member

Venezuela
    My guess is that they did considering I also can't install BootMii which I could before. Is there a bootchecker for 4.2 sorta like Tweezers had for 3.4?

If not I guess I can try the save file method...

4. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Hmmm... The only way I know to check the Boot1 and Boot2 versions on 4.2 is by using BootMii. Maybe you can install the IOS version, load it and check that out? The contents of the installer.log may come in handy, too.