Hardware Nintendo Repaired my Wii

screwx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So after the 4.2U update my Wii was bricked and it was sent back to Nintendo for warranty repair.

After setting everything up I tried launching a DVD Backup using neogamma and it gave me a DVD Read Error. I tried this with a few of my backups with the same result.

I have read before that there are certain Wiis that just won't read burned discs (In my case DVD-Rs) Now this wasn't a problem before the repairs.

My Wii has no solid evidence of being cracked open and it's the same unit I sent in (I know cause of the Serial #)

Is Nintendo known for swapping out whole internals during repairs?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
screwx said:
So after the 4.2U update my Wii was bricked and it was sent back to Nintendo for warranty repair.

After setting everything up I tried launching a DVD Backup using neogamma and it gave me a DVD Read Error. I tried this with a few of my backups with the same result.

I have read before that there are certain Wiis that just won't read burned discs (In my case DVD-Rs) Now this wasn't a problem before the repairs.

My Wii has no solid evidence of being cracked open and it's the same unit I sent in (I know cause of the Serial #)

Is Nintendo known for swapping out whole internals during repairs?

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? They could also update your Wii's Boot1. Therefore, the serial number (or the sticker, in that case) doesn't represent anything. A simple change of hardware can do the job for them.

screwx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My guess is that they did considering I also can't install BootMii which I could before. Is there a bootchecker for 4.2 sorta like Tweezers had for 3.4?

If not I guess I can try the save file method...

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
screwx said:
My guess is that they did considering I also can't install BootMii which I could before. Is there a bootchecker for 4.2 sorta like Tweezers had for 3.4?

If not I guess I can try the save file method...

Hmmm... The only way I know to check the Boot1 and Boot2 versions on 4.2 is by using BootMii. Maybe you can install the IOS version, load it and check that out? The contents of the installer.log may come in handy, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?