In Law we trust.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Obviously the discussion in the video above is going to be a little tough for some to understand, myself included. What we do get out of the video comes from Nintendo's Harald Ebert. According to him, the design of the 3DS is not yet final. This goes hand-in-hand with what Capcom said, as they believe the d-pad is still being tweaked. Of course, this goes against what other Nintendo employees have said, as they stated that the design shown at E3 was the finished product.

We also hear that gamers looking for an achievement system that comes implemented into every game are going to have to look elsewhere. While not set in stone, it's not looking good for a system-wide setup for achievements. Nintendo isn't going to mandate anything, so third party devs will have to implement their own achievement system on a game-by-game basis.[/p]

icon11.gif
GoNintendo

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
why is every1 so obsessed with friggin achievements anyway
It makes a system feel less of a "Put this game in, Finish done!" and more of a central system where you spend time using the system more as a "Put in the game and play it" and more of a "Put in the game, play it and then see what else i can do on my system"

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SPH73 said:
Yes it is. What they had at E3 was basically the final retail case design.

Sorry but as i am from germany and i totally get every word in this video i can confirm you that this nice lady in the beginning said that even the button layout could still change. She said its just a case to present the technology and its not final. It may be the same design in the end but it isnt for sure.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Nintendo isn't going to mandate anything, so third party devs will have to implement their own achievement system on a game-by-game basis.
NOOO NINTENDO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!

The next thing is that we will hear: "Online has never been so easy and safe with friend codes on the 3DS".....

Friend codes ruined the wii and ds online...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What she said was, that the current models was put together as a shell for the tech so it could be shown to the public. She said, that it could change quite a bit and even the button placement is not final. how credible the woman is I don`t know but I for one would welcome a design change, since I think the system has too many unnecessary edges...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Because it's fun to compete with friends on games.
I really hope that there will be online Trainer Point Achievements on wi-fi to show off to people.
On Nintendogs: Best Friends edition i got 55,000 TP, but noone got to see my awesome score appart from friends when i show them my ds when we go over each other's houses
frown.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why no achievements? I would love such a system on Wii, why not Nintendo?
It's time to finally get with the online times and lose those damned FC's and other stupid things!
closedeyes.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No achievements! Why nintendo, why? I like the current design but wouldn't mind a few changes. I don't know why nintendo keep on refraining from introducing an achievement system. And they better not have those damn friend codes again.......

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
because your supposed to play games for fun not trophies/acks

But getting trophies or achievements is fun. There's some type of odd joy you get out of having that little achievement sound and notification pop up when you're play a Xbox game. They also add play time to the game since you may play the game again or do side quests and other bonuses just to get an achievement.

And very few people play games purely for achievements. If a game is bad they'll odds drop it since it's bad. But if they're playing a good game they may want to get all the achievements for it because it's a good game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
because your supposed to play games for fun not trophies/acks

But getting trophies or achievements is fun. There's some type of odd joy you get out of having that little achievement sound and notification pop up when you're play a Xbox game. They also add play time to the game since you may play the game again or do side quests and other bonuses just to get an achievement.

And very few people play games purely for achievements. If a game is bad they'll odds drop it since it's bad. But if they're playing a good game they may want to get all the achievements for it because it's a good game.

This man, and I would love showing off my gamers score to my friends and other people.... They better put this in their next homeconsole, together with multimedia playback, better graphics, harddisk and some other shit. Most important thing it's as easy to hack as the Wii though!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Bladexdsl said:
i doubt they will add it unlike the others nintendo don't copy ideas
laugh.gif
Nintendo already has it's own 'achievement system'. When you're playing Wii Sports or other games like that, you get a Wii message saying what you did.
Same goes for Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Can't remember if it happened on 1)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well