Nintendo reaffirms that Advance Wars 1+2 is not cancelled, but doesn't know when it will release

Nintendo continues to insist that Advance Wars 1+2 has not been cancelled, though they're still refusing to provide any updates on when it might release.

The remake of the first two Advance Wars games was expected to release in April 2022, but was delayed due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Since then, it has remained in limbo, despite the fact that it appears to be completed, based on the fact that one user was able to download and play the game with no issues.

After its absence from yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Axios' Stephen Totilo reached out to ask if the title had been cancelled. A Nintendo rep told him that "The release has been delayed. We will announce the new date once it has been determined."

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel like this is sensitivity gone way too far. Like, yeah, the war sucks but unless there’s a mission where you are playing as Russia and invading the Ukraine, I doubt anyone would be upset with this game’s existence. If there is someone who’s upset, chances are higher that they were looking to be upset

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I feel like this is sensitivity gone way too far. Like, yeah, the war sucks but unless there’s a mission where you are playing as Russia and invading the Ukraine, I doubt anyone would be upset with this game’s existence. If there is someone who’s upset, chances are higher that they were looking to be upset
Don't give them ideas- *Gets shot in the head*

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world has been in a constant state of war since WW2, probably even earlier. There hasn't been a day without some sort of military skirmish going on in some part of the world. Might as well just cancel it if that's their reasoning.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they are just waiting for the publicity of this particular war to die down...otherwise the game will never get released.

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry but i fail to see how a foreing war can cause they delay of THIS game, what Nintendo fear that the people compare the Game theme with the war? If that so it's really stupid IMO

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Russia wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Russia's victory. If Ukraine wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Ukraine's victory.

The only way Nintendo could have avoided appearing political was if they just released it when it was ready back in April. Nobody would have cared.

Now I think that they're going to wait like a year or more after the war finally ends before they release it to put some distance between it, meaning we shouldn't expect this any time soon.

Also, if Russia brings out the nukes and destroys the planet, we're never going to get it.

This is just a bad situation Nintendo voluntarily put themselves in.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If Russia wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Russia's victory. If Ukraine wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Ukraine's victory.

The only way Nintendo could have avoided appearing political was if they just released it when it was ready back in April. Nobody would have cared.

Now I think that they're going to wait like a year or more after the war finally ends before they release it to put some distance between it, meaning we shouldn't expect this any time soon.

Also, if Russia brings out the nukes and destroys the planet, we're never going to get it.

This is just a bad situation Nintendo voluntarily put themselves in.
Ukraine's victory is the preferred outcome, to be honest...

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there are some Russian-like villains in the game, which made Nintendo plays it safe.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think there are some Russian-like villains in the game, which made Nintendo plays it safe.
But if they are villains, I feel like Nintendo could actually profit off that :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @SylverReZ its a single player game