Nintendo gives a glimpse into its storage room full of retro stuff

ninty retro room.JPG

As part of a series of a series of posts celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series, Nintendo Japan released some pictures from inside its closet full of Famicoms and its add-on, the Famicom Disk Systems. The latter could be used to play floppy disk games that could be rewritten using store-based "Disk Writer" kiosks in Japan (see last picture below). This expansion was discontinued after 3 years following the ease of piracy of these floppy disks and the advent of innovations increasing the memory capacity of regular cartridges.
00000419_01.jpg 00000419_02.jpg 00000419_03.jpg 00000419_12.jpg
They even did an unboxing to show that they're not just for show:

00000419_03.jpg 00000419_04.jpg 00000419_05.jpg 00000419_06.jpg
All in mint condition!

And to prove that they actually do work, they booted this on a retro CRT TV, evoking even more nostalgic memories:

00000419_11.jpg

Just like old times!

We didn't even know Nintendo had such storage rooms with these goodies and now a lot (if not all) of us will dream to get into one of them. And we can't help but wonder what's out of shot or what other rooms are hiding...

:arrow: SOURCE

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have know about the nintendo store room as a kid in the 90's. One issue of nintendo power said that nintendo has a room where they store every copy of nes games there is. Its like an archive room. at the time of the article the snes was still new. im assuming they continued that trend.
Oh ans old console are still easy to find. They are all put up online. Clicking on the add to cart button is easier then having to look at goodwill. Its the price that's the problem. Whats not easy to find is a snes copier called a Super Wildcard DX2.....

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the rubber belts disintegrate after about 10 years and need replacing.
So maybe they replaced them?

Also I don't know if the Famicom DS floppy drive is different to other floppy drive mechanisms, but I have working floppy drives from other systems which are much older than 10 years.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wow it's so nice to see Famicoms in their boxes and in literally new condition. Such a treat! It'd be cool if they have a SNES-PS1 somewhere and could speak about it but suppose because of legal reasons they cant (Sony). :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright