Nintendo gives a 30-minute look at The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening remake at Gamescom 2019

Gamescom 2019 continues onward, with new reveals and trailers abound. The latest of which comes from Nintendo, giving a sizable 30-minute look at the Link's Awakening remake. Similar to a stream from Nintendo Treehouse, a few Nintendo UK staff sit down to showcase gameplay, with the Angler's Tunnel and brand new dungeon maker being the focus of this video.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I don't see myself playing this. It's ok art style like something play doh 3D pop up but gameplay, difficulty, overall feeling is just babyish, like yoshi woolly world. I understand the nostalgia feeling but don't feel that here neither as we had this zelda game on eshop on previous generation consoles and on emulators etc.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you seen the file size of this thing?!
It's fucking 5.8GB!
Dafuq, Odyssey was 5.7GB. How can such a game have more data than a fully fledged 3D sandbox game?!
Goddamn, Nintendo, learn to save up space ffs.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen the file size of this thing?!
It's fucking 5.8GB!
Dafuq, Odyssey was 5.7GB. How can such a game have more data than a fully fledged 3D sandbox game?!
Goddamn, Nintendo, learn to save up space ffs.
Lolwut? That can fit on a Wii disc.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was $30-$40 (at most) I would be more excited, but updated visuals and maybe controls with a "dungeon builder" isn't really enough for $60.

I mean, for $60 I could get FF VII, VIII, and IX or get both the crash and spyro collections brand new.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t wait for this, I’ve been fighting the urge to fire up my Gameboy since the remake was announced.

It’s not my favourite Zelda art style, but I don’t mind it. Besides, I’ve never let looks stop me from playing a good game.

Last edited by Stwert,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it looks great. I understand why people may not like it though. I played the original years ago. Don’t know if I’ll play this one but it’s definitely worth a shot

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The artstyle is amazing and it makes sense with the theme of the game.
After all
it's all a dream

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...