Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hatsu said:
DukeDizko said:
So, anyone's settin' up a charity or what?
rofl.gif

I will.
smileipb2.png
r u serious about setting up a charity for KongzNutz (sp?)? If so, let the whole community know (not just those on gbatemp)

I hope everyone who reads this will consider making a donation... if a lot of people contributed just a small amount each, it could cover the whole $1.5M (for example, that's only 30,000 people at $50 bucks each, which is still less than what the game costs!)

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donating would send the wrong message about gbatemp. I feel really bad for him, but if he was dumb enough to make a mistake like that he's the only one to blame. If we donate to him we're paying for his mistake, however noble his intentions were. It will also make it look like gbatemp users support the fact that he dumped a game for us. If there is a donation thing for him I won't take part in it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The photo of the receipt and game was most likely enough to get a search warrant for his IP address. Really nothing "sophisticated" about it. No need for "snitches" seeing as he incriminated himself.

Anybody who thinks that there are "snitches" on the forum is a little naive. People get PAID to monitor forums and even participate. All the little 15 year old kids here seem to think that this is some kind of secret society that the authorities know nothing about....

Really a sad story if you ask me.

Uploading the game was incredibly stupid. That's the effect places like this have on some people though. Being part of a "community" and having something that many others wanted (and begged for) can do crazy things to your inhibitions.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably donate if I knew it was a legit donation setup...even just donate 10 bucks...it was one of the most DLed games even coming at the end of 2009, if even a portion of those out there who DLed it paid 10-20$, he'd be down to a much lower burden very quickly...I feel bad for him, it almost sounds like THIS was the endgame of the BCA protection, since ninty only put it in THAT game.

fyi, @ an avg of 10-20 bucks, it would take 100,000 donators to save him, but only 50-60,000 to make his financial burden bareable.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
'-_- why the hell didn't he just release it secretly under a well known group? Yes i feel sorry for him but a few minutes in paint and a fake account coulda saved him :/ does anybody have the original pics? Seems like ninty had a hissy fit and they got took down.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sprogurt said:
'-_- why the hell didn't he just release it secretly under a well known group? Yes i feel sorry for him but a few minutes in paint and a fake account coulda saved him :/ does anybody have the original pics? Seems like ninty had a hissy fit and they got took down.
or kongznuts removed the pics himself... would u really still leave the pics online if it were u?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
sprogurt said:
or kongznuts removed the pics himself... would u really still leave the pics online if it were u?

If it were me i wouldn't of uploaded the pics... and tbh if the damage is done what'd be the point apart from becoming anon again?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sprogurt said:
xflak40 said:
sprogurt said:

If it were me i wouldn't of uploaded the pics
i have to agree with u there!... QUOTE
and tbh if the damage is done what'd be the point apart from becoming anon again?
anon? wtf is that?

I think he probably removed it while shit was still up in the air and no1 knew what was going to happen... or he just removed it because seeing those online was like a slap in the face...

anyways, kongznuts, if ur reading, sorry to hear about your situation, i hope it all works out for u, and with some luck the community will help u with that debt!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oddgriffin said:
Nintendo should see about hiring him to protect their interests instead of doing something like this.

How would he protect their interests?

Bergkees

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Old8oy said:
The photo of the receipt and game was most likely enough to get a search warrant for his IP address. Really nothing "sophisticated" about it.
More likely all it took was a 10 second 'whois' on kongsnutz site yafaze.com
Even his home address is still on there now (hope for him he changed that phonenumber listed
rolleyes.gif
)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he probably had to disconnect the phone... and the cable... and the power. if i was $1.5M in the hole, i'd be living in a van down by the river.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lol @ kongsnutz, 1.3 million $, thats a whole shitload to pay, but yeah, who uploads the receipt ...

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
anon? wtf is that?

Anon is a abbreviation of anonymous.

QUOTEI think he probably removed it while shit was still up in the air and no1 knew what was going to happen... or he just removed it because seeing those online was like a slap in the face...

ahhh, seems like a more reasonable explanation than ninty getting them pulled, (soz if it sounded sarcastic >.< didn't mean it to be if it did. It was either ahhh or ohhh, ahhh seemed less sarcastic XD)

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
NSMBW was fun, but not 1.5million fun... not even $50 fun,
I still feel that Nintendo should go after the main pirates, and not the one person who uploaded one game, when more badass pirates are even uploading the most obscure games for the wii. Sure its an example, but its a piss poor one to go after the guy that has a 1:1 ratio (1 person, 1 upload), when teams are releasing multiple games a day, but we all know if he didn't upload it, someone else would.

As for Kongznuts, he shouldn't get off easy, but I seriously don't think that 1.5million should be the fine (maybe a bit higher then $500,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse