Nintendo DS Shell

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jngamer, May 21, 2007.

May 21, 2007

Nintendo DS Shell by jngamer at 2:04 AM (1,594 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jngamer
    OP

Newcomer jngamer Member

United States
    I have the original Nintendo ds in blue and the hinge is broken, n i just noticed that u can replace ur shells. Heres a link http://www.gameyeeeah.com/new-nintendo-ds-...olor-p-161.html.
    Im wondering how easy is it to replace the shells? Have u dont it with the original ds? Anyone install the shock case on the DS LITE? Thank You

2. ndela007

Member ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My friend says the shell replacement is a breeze, but as always overlook the step by step guide and see if you are comfortable performing it yourself (if memory serves correctly you are just unscrewing/screwing things most of the time).

3. n84

Newcomer n84 Member

United Kingdom
    Is origonal ds harder then lite?

4. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    I don't think so, Lite is a bit harder IMO.

5. TheBlueStylus

Newcomer TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

United States
    Lite is definately harder because of the ribbon casing having to be slipped through the hinge's metal casing, and the antenna cable is ran under slot 1, so taking that out and putting it back in is a hassel. For the Original DS is pretty straight forward. The quality of the original ds replacement cases totally trump that of the shock, the shock is just horrible in terms of quality.

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Could someone give me a link to a repair guide since i want to buy a new shell too. my hinge (on the left)cracked really badly and theres nothing to hold it in place so if i dont hold it a certain way, itll move out and cause strain on the other one

and is gameyeeeah.com a reliable site? ive noticed that theyre prices are really good and they deliver vie DHL if u get anything over $50, but the lack of information is frustrating...theyr faq's dont help at all

7. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    you need a triwing screwdriver for this so if you don't have one then don't bother