Nintendo ds phat for 30$

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MateyR, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011

Nintendo ds phat for 30$ by MateyR at 8:33 AM (674 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. MateyR
    OP

Newcomer MateyR Newbie

United States
    Hello,long time ago i had an dsi,now i want to replay those memories.I found an nintendo ds phat(not new) for 30$.Is it a good deal or i should add a little extra an buy an lite one?

Link with pictures of the console.
    Thanks.

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    If you can make sure the touch screen calibrates, and don't mind the colors not being as bright as a lite, I would go for it. It doesn't look like there are any noticeable horrendous issues or anything like that.

Overall, it's a fantastic deal if there is nothing wrong with it.

3. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    That ds phat looks like it hasn't been used much. To be honest, mine looks a whole lot worse than that. I find it very fishy that that ds is $30, and it makes me think that something is wrong with it, especially considering the state the ds is in, the person who is selling it could be asking much more.

Some major things to consider with the ds phat are these:
    - It is a lot bulkier than a dslite (I actually liked that fact xD)
    - The brightness settings are atrocious on the ds phat, it only has two settings: on and off. If you're lucky you might have one with dslite firmare on it. If you use a flashcart, you can actually access the brightness settings. It only works while using the flashcart though
    - The battery life is worse than that of the dslite, especially if you have a phat with dslite firmware and you use the higher brightness settings
    - The gba slot won't make gba cartridges stick out, however some slot-flashcarts are specifically made for the dslite, which has a smaller gba slot, therefore they won't fit in a ds phat
    - The stylus is very bad, it's thin and flimsy. If you consider buying a phat, you might as well buy a set of styli for the dslite
    - Most skins and cases are made for the dslite or dsi. Carry cases for the ds phat can be quite hard to find

4. MateyR
    OP

Newcomer MateyR Newbie

United States
    Thank you.
    I got a pretty new ds lite with flashcard and 2 gb microsd card for 50$ though.
    Gonna play some mario kart.[​IMG]

5. durpy

Newcomer durpy Member

United States
    i paid $20 for a defective (touchscreen+hinge) ds lite recently. $30 for a phat is reasonable as long as nothing was wrong with it.