Gaming Nintendo DS Lite Hinge Repair for Free, Thank You Nintendo!

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite started developing a loose hinge and flickering top screen only months after nintendo's 1 year warranty, within the last two weeks the hinge actually broke and the screen is very wobbly. Knowing it was out of warranty and knowing this is a problem several people have had I decided to take it into my own hands and write and email to both Nintendo([email protected]) and Nintendo of America President, Reggie Fils-Aime([email protected])

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too bad we don't get customer support like thay around here from any company.
I've heard from someone sent hinge broken ds while its warranty was still on.
He was told by the distributor they are not given the parts by and they cannot repair his ds

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
Too bad we don't get customer support like thay around here from any company.
I've heard from someone sent hinge broken ds while its warranty was still on.
He was told by the distributor they are not given the parts by and they cannot repair his ds

That's is too bad! Hopefully I receive my DS fully repaired....also the man I talked to said the repaired DS would be returned to me along with a full 1 year warranty!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I have 3 DS lites but only two of them have a broken hinge. Looks like I'm gonna have to bust out the ol' hammer on the remaining one.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I should've done that for my DS Phat. There's a big scratch on it that could've only been done if you took a knife to it, of which I know nobody could have done so because we were on vacation and had no access to knives... and I doubt one would break in and knife a DS's touch screen instead of stealing it.

tongue.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's one thing I like about Nintendo. When they know they're dealing with a loyal customer, they'll try their best to give you the best customer care. I can't say the same about Microsoft or Sony though.

A couple months after my 5th DS lite was out of warranty, the shoulder buttons stopped working. And I take great care of my electronics. I emailed Nintendo. They sent me instructions on what to do, and within days, had my thing back. Sure I could've expected some little nifty gifty's [+1 to whoever gets that reference], but hey, having my thing back within a couple of days. Done deal.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated status: received UPS tag on friday November 12th... sent out the package on tuesday November 16th, received my repaired DS Lite today Thursday November 18th! Super fast turnaround on repairs and excellent customer service, I've got to give Nintendo 2 thumbs up for this!
yay.gif

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Laughing Stock said:
Huh. Thanks for the tip.

Can anyone help me break the hinge of my DS Lite without making it look like it was my fault?

Why would you purposely break the hinge? This should only be used if the thing breaks on it's own! Besides if you break it and they decide not to fix it for you then you're S O L!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Laughing Stock said:
Huh. Thanks for the tip.

Can anyone help me break the hinge of my DS Lite without making it look like it was my fault?
Just use it normally and it will break. ZING!
But I don't really think they can tell if it was your fault or not, unless there are clear indentations on your DS that indicate you've dropped your DS before.
My suggestion is to take a hammer and nail, then pound the nail on the hinge until it cracks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: well actually a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in...