Gaming Nintendo DS Games ...

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Title + Description ^] Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Question: Has Nintendo stopped making DS games? Because from what I see HERE, is that I see the Game List has stopped (the List of Games that are Coming Soon). Some months ago, I still remembered seeing the page about 20 + pages long and now it's stopping at 4 pages long. Are they going to stop making Nintendo DS games in 2010?

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah..that was what I was thinking. I couldn't believe it though. I heard that Nintendo was going to release some kind of updated DSi? So I thought "Why would Nintendo stop making games right after an Updated Console?"

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't see them stop making games for the DS even when they release their new handheld. It'll probably be gradually phased out over time after that, like the GBA.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is less than a 0% chance that they would stop making games.

Er, and to make things clear...Nintendo themselves don't often make the games.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There will always be games being made for it, Atleast untill they release a newer handheld that is a different branch to the NDS, That being New sized/shaped game carts etc, Untill then , dont worry

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZAFDeltaForce said:
Oh don't worry. Plenty of Imaginez titles to be released soon.

that is scary...
wacko.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe there just running out of ideas

They ran out of ideas a long time ago.

That bloody mess you see is the remains of original ideas after having been beaten to death.

We wouldn't have over 4000 titles released for the DS, if no one was making that Imagine, My Pet, Petz fricking sludge. I mean count up all the titles YOU consider as having been a good reason to buy the DS. Good luck getting past 50 titles. Not that 50 titles is a small list.

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course not... I see your point but this question is kinda... dumb. Nintendo doesnt make a lot of games for DS, but still they do. And pretty good ones. Actually, every game they do for DS is great. IMO.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manoelpdb said:
Of course not... I see your point but this question is kinda... dumb. Nintendo doesnt make a lot of games for DS, but still they do. And pretty good ones. Actually, every game they do for DS is great. IMO.

Are you saying my question is dumb? My question is just a little out of curiosity.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
i think that Nintendo should really (in order to make more money, not for the joy of the customers) start to develop another handheld that also has 2 screen that also has another slot at the top and the DS slot at the bottom like what they did for the GBA. This would help ease away piracy. They are, at the moment, not releasing many cart games because they want to focus on the downloadable game aspect and create games for DSiWare and WiiWare because these are much harder for people to pirate and would give them more money
biggrin.gif

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danweb said:
i think that Nintendo should really (in order to make more money, not for the joy of the customers) start to develop another handheld that also has 2 screen that also has another slot at the top and the DS slot at the bottom like what they did for the GBA. This would help ease away piracy. They are, at the moment, not releasing many cart games because they want to focus on the downloadable game aspect and create games for DSiWare and WiiWare because these are much harder for people to pirate and would give them more money
biggrin.gif

That's a good idea...but I don't think they're gonna make that kind of Handheld yet. They probably ARE making more DSi games for the DSi.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
yeah, the problem with that is that most people still have a DS Lite or DS Phat and so can't spend ample amounts of money on downloadable games. If all Nintendo DS owners had a DSi then Spirit Tracks may well have been a downloadable release and not a cart release

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am r4ymond said:
manoelpdb said:

Are you saying my question is dumb? My question is just a little out of curiosity.

Yes that is what I am saying. Do you really think Nintendo will stop to make games one day???
Just think back what they did this year. I think, then, your answer will be very clear!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.