Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too much this week but I do like the sound of Prism: Light The Way and Konchuu Wars. Glory Days 2 could be alright.

July 30th

Drake & Josh : Talent Showdown US Genre: Mini-Game/Adventure

Based on the "hit" TV series, Drake & Josh: Talent Showdown follows the path of two stepbrothers as they attempt to win the "Teen American Talent" contest. To complete their goal, the brothers must avoid sabotage from other contestants and practice their routine. Throughout the game, Drake and Josh can interact with characters from the show including their sister Megan. This game also connects up with the GBA version for exclusive content shenanigans.

1278_bss_03.jpg
1278_bss_02.jpg

Also out in the US but already dumped in English are:
Bratz Ponyz, ROM #1125. Can't say its worth playing.
Pet Alien, ROM #1225. A lot of people love this, some think its average.
Picross DS ROM #1062. Excellent game, currently winning the GBAtemp Game of May.

July 31st

Glory Days 2 US Genre: Strategy/Action

Glory Days 2 plunges the player into air warfare where skills in managing wartime tactics like deploying units, rescuing civilians, and capturing enemy bunkers, lead to epic war stories and unforgettable battles...apparently. Some people liked the first game some didn't. Eurogamer gave it 6/10.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ao4MRJpnFqA

a_med_glory1.jpg.jpg
a_med_glory2.jpg.jpg

Spelling Challenges and More! US Genre: Edutainment

Some kind of spelling mini game fest.

ME0000847942_2.jpg
ME0000847943_2.jpg

Professional Fisherman's Tour: Northern Hemisphere US Genre: Fish-me-do

Think you've got what it takes to reel in the big one? Travel around the world and compete for your chance at the ultimate fishing prize! Professional Fisherman's Tour will take you around the world to lakes stocked with the finest and most challenging fish to catch. Cast your line and use the unique Nintendo DS controls to get that fish into the boat!

professional-fishermans-tour-northern-hemisphere-20070727101900777.jpg

Chameleon: To Dye For US Puzzle

The US version of Taisen Puzzle Game Kurukuru Chameleon DS. Also known as Kameleon for some reason.

ME0000738983_2.jpg
ME0000738981_2.jpg

August 2nd

Facening de Hyoujou Yutaka ni Inshou Up: Otona no DS Kao Training Japan Genre: Erm face training?

The DS title that comes with the DS Camera. I'm guessing this is unplayable on our flashcarts without the camera. Its also said that the camera won't fit onto chunky DS's. It's basically a title where you do various facial exercises.

ME0000851363_2.jpg
ME0000845509_2.jpg

July 31st

Konchuu Wars Japan Genre: Bug Strategy RPG

One of those Japanese titles that you just wish would come out over here! Basically its a a tactical RPG where you command an army of customizable, mechanized insects. Apparently people who have pre-ordered this will received papercraft model of one of the mech insects to build.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HFvB4dk7B0

ME0000838177_2.jpg
insect-wars-bees-knees-0-dsf.jpg
ME0000838178_2.jpg

Slide Adventure: Mag Kid Japan Genre: Action

Yet another title from Nintendo that won't be playable on our flashcarts. This game includes a a motion sensing controller which plugs into the GBA slot, reacting to movement on a table top, accelerating the on-screen character appropriately. I hope it comes out over here, it sounds like its gonna be good fun.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=piLVQ53hQXU

ME0000851556_2.jpg
ME0000851565_2.jpg
ME0000851564_2.jpg

Also out in Japan:
Toshokan DS: Meisaku & Suiri & Kaidan & Bungaku
Wi-Fi Taiou: Gensen Table Games DS
Zettai Onkan Master

August 2nd

Prism: Light the Way Australia Genre: Puzzle

Recently got 8.5/10 in Nintendo Power, this is a port of the PC game. Color the light, split the light, bounce and bend the light to create the one illuminating pattern that solves all. Solve 120 unique puzzles increasing in complexity and difficulty. Infinite Puzzle mode serves up and endless stream of fresh challenges.

I can't seem to find any pics of this version but a video of the PC version is here. Should look about the same I guess

Also out are more games that have already been released in English:

August 3rdEurope
Surfs Up - ROM #1115, not very good IMO.
The Settlers - ROM #1212 and is very disappointing.
frown.gif

So there you go, thats your lot. Of course dates may change and some other games may appear, blah blah blah. Next weeks edition (if you can call it that) would only feature the all new releases due to me not having the net at home and having to use the library one that limits me to an hour. So no region dupes at all and perhaps less detail as well, I'll only know when I do it next.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happened to the baby seal emulator from the last set?

Mame Goma DS - something, something....

I wanna play that! Has it been dumped yet? Cant find it in the usual places. :/

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the baby seal emulator from the last set?

Mame Goma DS - something, something....

I wanna play that! Has it been dumped yet? Cant find it in the usual places. :/
Mame Goma: Honobo no Nikki

No it hasn't been dumped yet, but Play-Asia sez it was out yesterday. There have been quite a fair few Japanese titles that have yet to be dumped from weeks back.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
Ooo Glory Days 2, I remember Super Army War and that was quite fun.

Apart from that a kind of meh week. Now the next week is gonna be awesome SD Gundam G Gen FTW

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooo Glory Days 2, I remember Super Army War and that was quite fun.

Apart from that a kind of meh week. Now the next week is gonna be awesome SD Gundam G Gen FTW

Plus Worms Open Warfare 2, Megaman Star Force (x3), Powershot Pinball Constructor and Japanese version of Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber. Theres also some Japanese Dolphin sim called I Love Dolphin And a Capcom dog show game called Won! Tertainment Fortune Channel as well as various others.

QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Jul 27 2007, 06:51 PM]Are you still gonna do these when you move away? I kind of... *Sniffle* like them...
cry.gif
Definitely, I'll be going to the library to do it. I'm hoping that I might be able to steal broadband from this cafe in the town too, my birds brother tells me they have wireless there.

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have Picross and Alien Pet, even though I haven't received my DSL or R4. Heh.

I'm honestly looking forward to the spulleng gaim. And Prism.

QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Jul 27 2007, 06:51 PM]Are you still gonna do these when you move away? I kind of... *Sniffle* like them...
cry.gif

Definitely, I'll be going to the library to do it. I'm hoping that I might be able to steal broadband from this cafe in the town too, my birds brother tells me they have wireless there.

Good to know. I'm rather new here and this is the first time I see one of these threads, but I'm going to look up the previous ones.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
haven't played the first one, bbut glory days 2 looks ok.

and the prism one could be quite good. i like the idea. i remember playing a similar game a long time ago.

mellowman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
A drake & josh game? What a ingenious formula lets take a crappy show,knowing the fact that 80% of movie/tv based games suck, and put it into a crappy game!

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I really wanna see how my face would look like on the DS camera.. looks pretty cool

other than that, that insect tactical RPG is the only interesting game there for me, I'll probably check it out.

Picross is great, but I already have the EU version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~