OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
nintendo_logo_blue.jpg

A whopping ten out of this years top twenty games in Europe were on Nintendo formats. Six consecutive games on a Nintendo platform were placed between number two and number seven. Wii Sports Resort, Pokémon Black and White, Wii Party, Wii Fit Plus, Mario Kart Wii, and New Super Mario Bros were all in the top ten best-selling games for the first nine months of 2011.

:arrow: Source

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ironically, only one of those titles were released this year. I doubt this order will stay put with all the big holiday-season releases happening, like the aforementioned Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, etc.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In Japan, Sony just happens to take the top 20 chart with 12/20 titles :P

But it is true that Nintendo has managed to top the charts with quite a few games. On the other hand, how many have actually bought Wii Sports or Sports Resort as a single game and not with the console? In Europe the console is bundled with the games and thus a sold console = sold game. Considering the cost of the Wii (payed 99e for my new Wii), that isn't much profit or is it? :3

-Qtis

ps. Weekly/monthly/yearly sales charts http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php?reg=World&console=&date=2011&maker=

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratz Nintendo for blocking the hacks! Oh wait... they did not!

Who was saying that piracy was hurting the sales?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I find it funny that the OP did not include the word "Europe" in the title. It's false advertising. Ahem, from the results found here, ( http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38298/Just_Dance_2_FIFA_12_Currently_BestSelling_2011_Titles.php ) it's fairly obvious that it's topping in Europe only. In Japan, Sony's topping. In USA, it seems balanced, though Microsoft seems seems to have the most.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys do realize each of those games are included in bundles with either the wii lite or ds? I bet dollars to donuts, they are counting the bundled copies.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You guys do realize each of those games are included in bundles with either the wii lite or ds? I bet dollars to donuts, they are counting the bundled copies.

What else would you expect? Honestly, if you look at the total sales of Wii Sports Resort for example, I doubt 30 million people would buy the game when it has been included in bundles. Let alone Wii Sports (a bit under 80 million sold when around 90 million consoles have been sold).

-Qtis

ps. New Consoles have both of those games bundled :3 Still what seems to amaze me is how well different kinds of Wii Fit titles are selling. Apparently the idea of playing a game while doing something with your body? :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig