Nintendo Direct delayed due to earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan

Earlier, a powerful earthquake of 6.6 magnitude struck in the island of Hokkaido, Japan. This has left at least 8 people dead, with hundreds of injuries and dozens missing. Due to the tragic earthquake, Nintendo have announced that the Nintendo Direct previously planned for later today has been delayed to some point in the near future.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Daisy,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several dozens are reported missing, I'm not optimistic about them turning up. Peoples entire properties were completely crushed. The final death toll is going to be at least double digits.

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, SMT is actually happening.

Real talk, I hope whoever is in trouble gets help. Good on Nintendo for not pretending that nothing happened.

Reactions: Enryx25

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez... Scary how sudden these things happen.. Next comes the tsunami... Hopefully in the near future things like these can be predicted easier casualties will be lower if not fully prevented

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-nvm-
pic has nothing to do w this

Attachments

• 031a815d-2abc-4fef-a9b6-5e95bd69c21b.png
    031a815d-2abc-4fef-a9b6-5e95bd69c21b.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by Der_Blockbuster,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
damn cant believe that happened let's hope nothing like Dai atchi happens again (forgot what year but when the nuclear power plant had a meltdown due to that earthquake/tsunami i can vividly remember those tv reports in the US, today of all days now I'm thinking twice bout visiting there especially if earthquake frequency rises
It was 2011.
Is Japan a earthquake magnet? Two (Or was it three) In one decade. :blink:
Yes. A Notorious member of The Pacific Ring of Fire, actually.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg if it AINT SOMETHING I HATE FALL U HAVE 3 fing mnonths no games then all big nanoucnements happens in fall or games are released hwen u have the goddamn weather catastrophies im in florida we have fing huriricane why dont game devs do this shit in summer when there dorught u neva have stuff liek this happen i nsummer eva devs release games in flal when there hriccane seasons off at peak and tsunamis eq u name it htoughts go outo vicitms but damn i msick of people not using ocmmon sense how market crap
yesterday they were hit by the biggest typhoon in 25 years then this today they have a good reason

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about this. Seen the earthquake happened before Nintendo announced the direct in the first place. I believe Nintendo saw the backlash of people sick of indies and smash heavy announcements and decided to delay the direct. The earthquake was a nice excuse to back now for down

Edit nvm. Saw this was a second much more powerful then the one earlier reported this week.
theres also the fact that some of there employees were affected so they need to shuffle around and accommodate for this that the other in the company with them possibly also trying to providing a little bit of extra cash this week to help them recover with the likely need to find a new house and medical expenses

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol