Nintendo Direct delayed due to earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan

Earlier, a powerful earthquake of 6.6 magnitude struck in the island of Hokkaido, Japan. This has left at least 8 people dead, with hundreds of injuries and dozens missing. Due to the tragic earthquake, Nintendo have announced that the Nintendo Direct previously planned for later today has been delayed to some point in the near future.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Daisy,

Marco_Buns

Barely in Europe
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The Japanese account has stated that the direct will be tomorrow (September 7th)

Edit: Sorry my bad, don't pay any attention to this

Last edited by Marco_Buns,

ssrpgvita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg if it AINT SOMETHING I HATE FALL U HAVE 3 fing mnonths no games then all big nanoucnements happens in fall or games are released hwen u have the goddamn weather catastrophies im in florida we have fing huriricane why dont game devs do this shit in summer when there dorught u neva have stuff liek this happen i nsummer eva devs release games in flal when there hriccane seasons off at peak and tsunamis eq u name it htoughts go outo vicitms but damn i msick of people not using ocmmon sense how market crap

Reactions: DuoForce
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg if it AINT SOMETHING I HATE FALL U HAVE 3 fing mnonths no games then all big nanoucnements happens in fall or games are released hwen u have the goddamn weather catastrophies im in florida we have fing huriricane why dont game devs do this shit in summer when there dorught u neva have stuff liek this happen i nsummer eva devs release games in flal when there hriccane seasons off at peak and tsunamis eq u name it htoughts go outo vicitms but damn i msick of people not using ocmmon sense how market crap
First, please speak english instead of slamming your face onto the keyboard. It’s not anybody’s fault the Direct got delayed, nor is it due to “people not using common sense”, it wouldn’t be as successful if everyone just announced all their games at the start of the year and then say nothing all year. Let them plan how they like, they know what they’re doing. Also, you mentioned summer. What happened with Harvey and Irma?

Reactions: MushGuy and Mylink5

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GUYS, DON'T GO PANIC yet, earthquakes are very frequent and common in japan and their government is well prepared for situation like this. missing people are probably trapped under the building, the rescue team are moving really fast, let's wait for further updates.

Last edited by leon315,

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
You're from Florida? That means you were taught English at school, right?

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Earthquakes are a lot worse than hurricanes. You can't predict earthquakes in any way.

Also, when EA started the fundraiser for the victim of the shooting that happened a few weeks ago in the US, many people flipped their shit.

Reactions: Ev1lbl0w
D

Deleted User

Jeez, shit sounds bad. Hopefully everyone is alright. A 7.0 sounds like it would cause a lot of structural and collateral damage to the area.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also heard that the N got knocked off their building, making them “intendo.” I hope everyone in Japan is doing okay after that earthquake.

Big N is now Little i. That, or they're now an indie-only company.

I really hope tings are okay. Nintendo is the reason this place exists. It's also the reason smwcentral exists. It's the reason I have a switch in my pocket, too.

...I hope everybody else is okay also.

Let's hope that nobody was crushed by a giant N falling from the sky :(

I make jokes when I'm nervous. It helps me cope.

Reactions: phreaksho

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Like the average person, I'm pretty disappointed the Direct is delayed. But really, I feel bad for Japan right now and hope they recover soon.

The only problem with me is that my patience has been low lately, and I keep stressing out about shit I don't need to be. (i literally somewhat worried I'd die before the Direct actually happens, I don't know why). So I was pretty angry this morning, I was looking forward to today because of the Direct.

Last edited by Larsenv,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn cant believe that happened let's hope nothing like Dai atchi happens again (forgot what year but when the nuclear power plant had a meltdown due to that earthquake/tsunami i can vividly remember those tv reports in the US, today of all days now I'm thinking twice bout visiting there especially if earthquake frequency rises

Last edited by chrisrlink,

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deleted again?
Hmm...

Still, we must stop targetting about the Direct and actually imagine that Hokkaido turned into a warzone with intire flat ground turned into strange-looking mountains. I’ve never ever seen something like that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey