Nintendo Direct Aug. 8 - Roundup - Simon Belmont and King K. Rool join the fight

The next Nintendo Direct is almost here. This time, the focus will purely be on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, to the excitement or dismay of many. A major character reveal will be a likely announcement, and after an accidental video upload earlier today, Castlevania's Simon Belmont might be making an appearance. Isabelle from Animal Crossing and a Gen 7 Pokemon are also heavily rumored to be roster choices who will be announced today, as well. The only way to see if these rumors are true are to stay tuned! The direct starts at 10 am ET, and GBAtemp will be covering the event live. All announcements and trailers will be noted and summarized below.

:arrow: Watch on Twitch
:arrow: Watch on Nintendo's official site

Live Updates

• Simon Belmont confirmed.
  • Richter Belmont as well as an Echo.
  • Slow, but has a long reaching whip. Has the axe, cross, and holy water.
  • Grand cross Final Smash.
  • Dracula's Castle stage. Has monsters from the series as stage hazards.
  • 34 Castlevania tracks will be available.
  • Alucard is an assist trophy.
  • Chrom as an echo of Marth.
  • Dark Samus as an echo of Samus.
  • You'll be able to minimize echo characters appearances on the character select, or expand them.
  • Pokemon Stadium, Flat Zone, Garden of Hope, Brinstar Depths, Summit, Unova League, Magicant, Gamer stages all shown off.
  • New Donk City Hall is a new stage.
  • SSBU will have 103 stages total.
  • You don't have to unlock them.
  • You can turn off stage hazards without playing the Omega Form.
  • New feature will let you change stages mid-battle
  • Over 800 tracks.
  • You can turn on an option for mini final smashes that are built up by a super gauge.
  • Squad Strike Mode. 3v3 or 5v5, where you use 3/5 different characters to fight.
  • Tournament mode for up to 32.
  • Smash Down mode, which removes the roster as you select them, until there's no characters left to choose.
  • Practice mode shows your trajectory of attacks to show you how far you can launch enemies.
  • Classic Mode is back.
  • New items. Banana-gun. Killing edge. Bomber.Ramblin Mushroom. Rage Blaster.
  • Abra, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukmuku, Vulpix, Marshadow, Ditto as new Pokemon
  • Assist trophies: Zero, Knuckles, Krystal, Klaptrap, Kapp'n, Gray Fox, Nikki, Shovel Knight
  • Rathalos stage boss or assist trophy.
  • Mysterious mode that can't be announced yet...
7sCUIs5.png

Final reveal is...

King K. Rool!

A limited edition version of the game will also be available.

uU1v252.png

wbFyg2k.png QTueXSx.jpg

Big Man Tyrone2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that almost the whole direct got leaked killed all hype for me (there was another leak before that was spot on with Simon Belmont before the mistake on the website).

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tried to get into Smash bros then i bought it for Wiiu (i got the one with GC adapter), tried 2h per 2 days in a row, i just can't see a shit while in a 4 players battle. then i putted it back to the package and asked refund to Amazon... This game is horribly chaotic and boring.

D

Deleted User

We have Simon and Richter Belmont and the moon. I'm happy. Everything else I don't give a shit about.

EDIT: I didn't realise King K. Rool was announced at the very end. Even better.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I'll probably spend more time listening to all of that music instead of playing the actual game! Properly looking forward to this now, it's an instant buy for me.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was not disappointed, finally, a direct that didn't make me cringe this yeaWas not disappointed, finally, a direct that didn't make me cringe this year :P 800+ soundtracks, 100+ stages, what, nearly 70 characters, yeah, that's insane. Also that Monster Hunter boss, maybe adventure mode?r :P 800+ soundtracks, 100+ stages, what, nearly 70 characters, yeah, that's insane. Also that Monster Hunter boss, maybe adventure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...