Gaming Nintendo Confirms Wii U Has Flopped, Slashes Sales Forecast By ~70%

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hope the UK retailers do some more WiiU stock clearing. I want a pro controllers, but not for £30.
They should start with stock cleaning, considering the layers of dust I saw covering the Wii U section last time I've been to GAME. :P

I jest, I jest. 30 quid doesn't sound like too much to ask - PS3 controllers go for 30-35 and XBox 360 ones go for 25-30.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They should start with stock cleaning, considering the layers of dust covering the Wii U section last time I've been in GAME. :P

I jest, I jest. 30 quid doesn't sound like too much to ask - PS3 controllers go for 30-35 and XBox 360 ones go for 25-30.

Yeah, but I'm cheap :D.

Got console cheap, need my Mario fix :D. So I want the controllers for cheap as well :D.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, no it doesn't. Look at Homebrew Channel statistics and compare them to overall sales. :rofl2:
i'm not talking about the homebrew channel
smileypirate.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Backup loaders work via the Homebrew Channel and modchips are even rarer than softmods because y'know, they cost money in comparison to the free solutions. Your argument is rapidly sinking... :tpi:
actually they dont they work from the custom IOS that you install you dont ever have to use the hbc if you install forwarders. :creep:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
actually they dont they work from the custom IOS that you install you dont ever have to use the hbc if you install forwarders. :creep:
And how, pray tell, are you going to install the forwarders, the custom IOS and other such thingamajigs?

There are two ways - you can launch your installers one by one with an exploitable game or you can use the vastly more convenient Homebrew Channel GUI - guess what the majority, if not all users use? :)

At some point, whether you like it or not, you'll use Homebrew Channel at least once, and this use will be logged - plain and simple. I don't know a single Wii owner who would have a softmodded system and never have used Homebrew Channel in some shape or form, even if he or she had no interest in Homebrew whatsoever.

the-green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
A new "excellent" update of their Wii U's OS, new Multimedia & internet functions...including the PRO classic controller in each console's pack, reducing the price of the machine of 50$......& specially make real games for the Wii U, this console is for chlidren only with games like Super Mario, Zelda & Sonic....etc
We want real games....real games big N !!!
We want Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, COD, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Resident Evil....RPG are not what all people want...they've to understand that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure Nintendo will be fine but I hope they do not resort to mobile or an app only market. Even if the Wii U is and stays a flopped system i'll be happy if Nintendo shrugs it off and creates a new system when its time and keep giving me their fine games that I can only get from them.

Why would that a) be bad and b) impact upon the games they can make?

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well it didnt have to flop and it still doesnt have to flop.

The console needs greater games, i think the new Super Smash Bross and a new Worthy Zelda can really turn things arround for a bit, Also. A totaly new title, or "IP" because some of us gamers are getting tired of only Mario, Kirby and Yoshi Games. (not me personally)

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
We want real games....real games big N !!!
We want Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, COD, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Resident Evil....RPG are not what all people want...they've to understand that.

If I want those games, I can buy a Playstation or xbox, we dont need a third consoles offering the exact same games.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I want those games, I can buy a Playstation or xbox, we dont need a third consoles offering the exact same games.

I really struggle with this line of logic. Both because I reckon it should all be the same hardware/baseline hardware like a DVD or something and more because it seems like "it existed like this for years*, why change now?".

*except for it didn't in the NES and SNES world and the rise of the PS1 and Sega before them was often said to have arisen from Nintendo hosing this up. If nothing else look at all the top ?? SNES games articles, see it dominated by Nintendo? No because between Square, Enix, Capcom, Konami and several more besides make up the bulk.

Reactions: Gahars

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought ps3 reached profitability? 360 never did?

From what I have read 360 reached profitability sooner than PS3, but for PS3 reaching profitability doesn't mean they didn't lose money overall on PS3, it just means late in the consoles life they finally stopped losing money. I have not seen anything about whether or not 360 itself has been profitable, I would think it was since by some significant measures it was the winner of its console gen, but Xbox overall I have seen many times from many sources has not been profitable so whatever they may have made on 360 does not offset what they lost on the original xbox.

So I see as far as Xbox, they first made a profit in 2008. They made a profit in 09,10,11, and 12 but at the time those numbers were reported they were still overall $3 billion in the hole.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but for PS3 reaching profitability doesn't mean they didn't lose money overall on PS3

Depending upon your reading yeah it kind of does. If you meant the PS3 console stopped being a loss leader for the more profitable software and accessories market (which could have, in turn, made the whole PS3 investment a profitable venture) then fair enough. It was those numbers I was querying and needing to go find some info on though. Again though it might not have mattered for the likes of MS and Sony if said ventures allowed for other markets (despite their recent actions MS wants Windows to be the thing people run their computers on and if they can keep directX the go to platform for doing so, like they have for nearly two decades, by having a console then hey).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: