Misc Nintendo Channel - Error 268404

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried the Nintendo Channel recently and it tossed up an Error #268404. The channel worked fine before, no changes to the Wii was made, and no other incidents have occurred recently. I have tried re-downloading the channel from the Wii Shop, and the error still persists. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue now? Does anyone know if there is a publicly accessible web address that can be pinged to determine if the Nintendo Channel servers are down? Nintendo's official support page has this to say about Error Code: 268404:
QUOTE said:
Error Code: 268404
Nintendo Channel

Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by temporary outages with the Nintendo Channel, or the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If there is a problem with either service, our technicians will work to get the service back up as soon as possible. Please retry your connection later.

If you are connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time, or the problem has not resolved itself after a few hours, there could be an incompatibility with your wireless home network. You may want to try the following:

* There could be an update to the Nintendo Channel. Try going to the Wii Shop Channel and checking to see if the Nintendo Channel download is listed as "update." If so, download the new version.

* Ensure your router has the latest firmware installed. Visit your router manufacturer's website and look for any updated firmware that may be available (these are typically found under "downloads" or by searching for your particular model number). Contact your router manufacturer for additional assistance.

* If your router or modem has a built-in firewall, you may want to try and lower the security settings*, as they could be interfering with a successful connection. How to do this will vary brand and model, so consult the manual or the manufacturer of your router or modem for assistance.

If after trying the above steps you are still unable to successfully login or play on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, it is possible that your wireless home network is not compatible with the Wii or Nintendo WFC.
I'm guessing that the servers are just down. I'll post back if the problem goes away or if I have any more information.

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the Nintendo Channel is now up for me as well. I got it from a good source that Nintendo updates their servers for Everybody Votes, Nintendo Channel, etc. around 6:00PM PST. Just bad timing on my side.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-