Nintendo begins banning pirates from 3DS online service

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, stealing is taking something away from one party and taking it for yourself. Here, you still take something for yourself that's not yours, but it's not like it disappears for the other person. If someone who was never going to buy something pirates a game, that doesn't take any money away, because they wouldn't have made money on him in the first place. I view it more like sneaking into a museum without paying. Probably something wrong with that analogy as well, but it's closer than stealing.

In addition to the comment, not everyone is a pirate. Some people wanted to protect their hard earned purchase retail games in case it gets damage or lost so they would backup their own purchased games. Pirates are those people that don't own the game. You can't call people pirate if they own their own games and back it up for safe keeping.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What flashcard were you using (Gateway or Sky3DS etc): Gateway

What game were you playing: Last few games I played were OoT 3D (CIA), Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire (CIA), A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing: 4.5

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing: 9.5

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ: .CIA

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop and Miiverse: Haven't tried Miiverse, but eShop gives me the message once before letting me continue every time I launch it

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try: I tested Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire (CIA) and Friends List are all I've tested so far.
Have you used a Public header before .CIA?

Sendel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

What game were you playing: Last few games I played were OoT 3D (CIA), Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire (CIA), A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop and Miiverse: Haven't tried Miiverse, but eShop gives me the message once before letting me continue every time I launch it

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try: I tested Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire (CIA) and Friends List are all I've tested so far.

are you banned ?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically possible for "brand-new" 3DS game that you bought has already been in the hands of someone who dumped it and left your header all out in the open. The chances are very slim, but it's not impossible.

One of the theories is that people are only banned if their header is being used more than a certain number of times at once. So a header that is used only by a purchaser and by an employee who dumped the header would only be used by 2 people at once and would not set it off unless he employee also posted the header to the Internet and lots of people started using it.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
In regards to the form, maybe someone could make a small survey for both banned and non-banned users?

That way it may be possible to narrow down with more certainty the triggers for the bans.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you want to discuss the legality of these devices and their uses - please go elsewhere. This is not the thread for it.

Reactions: Nightwish

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3DS Flashcart/Homebrew community = 10000+ people.
~10 people are banned = nint is banning?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates are being banned? A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld. :lol:

OH NOES! Not online bans! Whatever shall we do!?? :creep:

Seriously though, Nintendo's not screwing around this time, but people should just, you know, not go online and disable WiFi.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm banned from day one ! ... I never accepted their user agreement for online access :ph34r:

We don't have enough reports for the moment to understand what is detected by nintendo.
it could be emuNAND, or flashcart itself, or header, etc.
it could be the use of an old hack detected weeks ago but action were never taken (like said in the FAQ on this first post) and not due to a connexion attempt done now.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm banned from day one ! ... I never accepted their user agreement for online access :ph34r:

We don't have enough reports for the moment to understand what is detected by nintendo.
it could be emuNAND, or flashcart itself, or header, etc.
it could the use of an old hack detected weeks ago but action were never taken (like said in the FAQ on this first post) and not a connexion attempt done now.
Naughty :teach:

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
0 bans here....more than 30 hours online game since day 4.....and if they ban me, cya nintendo connect....u close CWN on DS and im still here :D

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've never used a .3dz game but I've used plenty of .3ds and .cia games with Gateway and I've received the message.

Is this true? no troll? got proof?, As you're the first one with a .cia ban, I'd like some evidence..
I sure hope it's fake, I do everything on .cia and was hoping to avoid the header mess.. Might have to make sure that I'll get a working private header for monster hunter 4 then...

Reactions: Random Joe

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
What say you, the people on gbatemp who constantly state "sky3ds is a 1:1 clone of a legit 3DS cart, it'll never be detected"? :rofl2:

Sorry to say it, but if nintendo knows your going online with a sky3ds, then i dare say it can be blocked in a firmwate update!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
What say you, the people on gbatemp who constantly state "sky3ds is a 1:1 clone of a legit 3DS cart, it'll never be detected"? :rofl2:

Sorry to say it, but if nintendo knows your going online with a sky3ds, then i dare say it can be blocked in a firmwate update!

The fact it uses injected template header files should be a dead giveaway that is not the case.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

You should add to your sig: Nintendo banned your console from your "indetectable" SKY3DS?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my games are in .3ds format on emunand 9.4. My wifi switch has been off for the last 2 weeks. I'm not even turning wifi back on until we have a definate cause of the bans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...