Hacking Nintendo Ban Wave?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
What's going on? O.O

Are all of your ban just temporary? (002-2102)

I haven't touched any of my 3DS units recently.

Does it have to do with unsigned cia/apps?

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought i might as well add to this in case someone finds it useful

I currently have 2 New 3DS XL consoles with me. Both of them originally had A9LH and have been updated to Boot9Strap.

The black 3DS:

- spotpass, sending information to Nintendo was disabled
- i ran a modified code.bin for Pokemon Sun and have gone online with it (no cheats that would give me a advantage in online battles). Have used NTRboot selector with plugins for other games
- in Pokemon sun i have traded hacked Pokemon and have received hacked Pokemon through linked trade (Shiny keldeo and other shiny locked Pokemon)
- have used free-shop and have 10-15 titles installed from there although i have only used one of those applications for a few hours. games are from the same region as consoles
- i have used many custom themes, even before i had CFW.
- in my friend list setting i had both options on to show players when i am online and to show them what game i was currently playing.
- recently launched e-shop to purchase a copy of one of the titles that is currently on the list of the DSIWare games that can be used to install Boot9Strap on OFW

This console has not been banned from any online activity as of right now.

The red 3DS
- spotpass, sending information to Nintendo was on
- no modifications for any games have been used on this console
- rarely goes online but has been used to go online in the festival plaza in Pokemon Moon
- have used free-shop to download many games, its current count of games from the free-shop total over 200 titles
- has used a custom theme in the past but it currently has one that was paid for in the e-shop
- friends list settings had both options to show players when i am online and to show them what game i was currently playing
- recently launched e-shop to purchase a copy of one of the titles that is currently on the list of the DSIWare games that can be used to install Boot9Strap on OFW

edit #1: Both DS's have their own NNID and have been used to install things like the new version of luma updater, themely and freeshop by arc13

Last edited by Joey23475,
Reactions: Natural

Kni9ht

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's going on? O.O

Are the 002-0102 bans 100% sure only temp bans? Has that been the case in the past, or are they/lead to perma bans? What's the point of a massive banwave like this if they're just going to temp ban everyone?

Last edited by Kni9ht,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's going on? O.O

002-0102, I've gotten it before in December, temporary. Got it again Monday night, Nintendo Customer Service goober said it's temporary, though I have my doubts. CIA installing, only thing I installed recently was Luma Updater, so far the common denominator is CFW and going online while running it.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thought i might as well add to this in case someone finds it useful

I currently have 2 New 3DS XL consoles with me. Both of them originally had A9LH and have been updated to Boot9Strap.

The black 3DS:

- spotpass, sending information to Nintendo was disabled
- i ran a modified code.bin for Pokemon Sun and have gone online with it (no cheats that would give me a advantage in online battles). Have used NTRboot selector with plugins for other games
- in Pokemon sun i have traded hacked Pokemon and have received hacked Pokemon through linked trade (Shiny keldeo and other shiny locked Pokemon)
- have used free-shop and have 10-15 titles installed from there although i have only used one of those applications for a few hours. games are from the same region as consoles
- i have used many custom themes, even before i had CFW.
- in my friend list setting i had both options on to show players when i am online and to show them what game i was currently playing.

The red 3DS
- spotpass, sending information to Nintendo was on
- no modifications for any games have been used on this console
- rarely goes online but has been used to go online in the festival plaza in Pokemon Moon
- have used free-shop to download many games, its current count of games from the free-shop total over 200 titles
- has used a custom theme in the past but it currently has one that was paid for in the e-shop
- friends list settings had both options to show players when i am online and to show them what game i was currently playing

Report back in the case if anything ever happens to any of your 3DSes.

Shinusagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello people, I made this account since I was only lurking but AFAIK in some latinamerican websites they are claiming the ban is being made based on your Games and Tickets from the FreeShop ONLY
Because of that they are explaining how to uninstall Game and Key from FBI if you have not been baned in order to evade it...

I am not sure tho, since others claim to be downloaded only CIAs and not games from FreeShop, which is weird.

I wanted to help only, and thank to all of you for your efford and posts. GL GL

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Report back in the case if anything ever happens to any of your 3DSes.

Will do. Hopefully we will be able to find out what is causing this sudden ban wave.

in case anyone was wondering, both DS's have their own NNID and have been used to install things like the new version of luma updater, themely and freeshop by arc13

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned. I was trying to connect online in game and it said 002-0102. It's my console with NNID. eShop still works and so does friends list. One without NNID can go online and friend list works fine. At least so far.

I do hack my saves massively on both consoles, play undubs, and have game mods like no outline.

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it may be too early to tell what is causing bans. Ninty is probably excecuting this in waves or following a list. We could all wake up tomorrow banned. As of now both my new 3ds and xl aren't banned. Both use freeshop but dont think I've ever opened the real eshop on either systems. Spotpass enabled on both

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned. I was trying to connect online in game and it said 002-0102. It's my console with NNID. eShop still works and so does friends list. One without NNID can go online and friend list works fine. At least so far.

I do hack my saves massively on both consoles, play undubs, and have game mods like no outline.

All my consoles are NNID linked, and so far only one has been banned, I don't think it's NNID related.

pharredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I signed up just to find out what the ban was exactly for and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having downloaded games off freeshop. I was playing smash bros online all day and then stopped for a bit and noticed my internet went down for a while. Then just recently it came back up and I turned my 3ds on to play online only to get the same error code everyone that got banned is getting.

My 3ds has boot9strap and luma3ds and my games are all downloaded from freeshop. This sucks cuz I was on a tear playing online 1v1's lol.

Last edited by pharredd,
Reactions: RustInPeace

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I just went online with Pokemon Bank and it worked so I am not banned. Did not test the friend stuff or miiverse. Had freeshop and ciangel but deleted both (and their tickets) before going online as well as deleted play history (but not software library) before going online. Had edited saves, never had NTR loaded when playing online. Only used Luma with a9lh until sighax came out then b9s with Luma (updated to b9s on day 1). Updated to 11.4 almost immediately and was one of the first to discover/test/confirm that the 11.2 payloads worked on 11.4 Luma. Turned off router before turning on 3ds and disabling wifi.

Could having uninstalled freeshop/ciangel and/or wiping the play history have been the key?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm beginning to think A9LH/B9S could be read by nintendo when playing a game online, though the users who got temporary bans could still check eshop, friend list and miiverse just fine despite being banned

If it's the case then there needs to be a patch that masks their hacked state so it'll pass off as unhacked ones.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
002-0102 is a LFCS ban by Nintendo server side.
It can be temporary or permanent.
If someone has said his/her Friend List can be online after getting a 002-0102 ban, please upload a video or to be recognized as telling a lie.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Out of the four 3DS consoles I own, only the Galaxy 3DS is banned, the other 3 are fine, and she never takes her games online. That's really shitty. I'm going to donate files from my spare 2DS to unban her.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of the four 3DS consoles I own, only the Galaxy 3DS is banned, the other 3 are fine, and she never takes her games online. That's really shitty. I'm going to donate files from my spare 2DS to unban her.
That sucks alot. Tho i would wait for a bit to see what is really going on with everything incase for whoever knows the 3ds gets hit with a ban again

Reactions: WBW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k