Nintendo announces the New 2DS XL

Coming out of absolutely nowhere, Nintendo has revealed a new variation of the 2DS...the New 2DS XL! The system features a top screen that looks almost like a cell phone snapped onto the bottom of a 3DS. It has the extra processing power of the N3DS, amiibo functionality, and the C-stick nub, while, just like the original 2DS, omits the 3D feature of the handheld. The New 2DS XL will release on July 28, and retail for $149.99.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wanted 3DS HD XL.
Basically 4 times the resolution of the top screen paired with better / faster 3D tracking sensors, a redesigned hinge ,at least a nub rubber with better grip and a better non rocky d pad.

But the New 2DS XL makes way more sense because it really lacked the "new" power and c stick, and i get that most people don't use the 3D, i personally love it and its very effective with my eyes and always on full blast.

Reactions: SLiV3R

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Eh, I guess this is nice??
But then again, with a few more bucks you can get a new 3ds (xl) ...
Just put the 3D slider down and bam, new 2ds xl /s

But hey, at least this shows that the 3DS is not going anywhere :P
Like most people said already.

Can't wait for the upcoming stability updates.

Last edited by F4LK,
D

Deleted User

Talk about out of nowhere. Nintendo is going to milk this as long as they can it's it's so fucking stupid. Why would anybody buy this
It's sexy and it's price is the same for a brand new smartphone, so why not to buy it? Absolutely a steal!
Before anyone quotes me on that: 3D hurts my eyes really badly. I feel intense eye pain after watching a 3D 1h30mins movie.

Last edited by ,

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great upgrade for anyone still on a DS or DSi not wanting 3D. Price is nice, but most people have been able to buy the New 3DS XL at a similar price during sales.

Inb4 $50 price during Black Friday of you buy a game with it

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that this is meant to be a cheaper model, right?

Besides, if the did something like the 3DS XL Retro, it would probably end up like the Nes Classic.

While I understand this is supposed to be a cheaper N3DS XL, I think they could have really made a splash by creating something truly different that says, 'Hey, buy me because I'm genuinely different from the last N3DS XL you bought.'
I don't get what you mean by, 'end up like the NES Classic.'; do you mean availability, having pre-loaded games, or being hacked early?
------
LOL! No thanks. And I bet it is not hackable yet.

Oh, it's hackable--just lift the bun and have some fun!™©®√∞ (cheese not included, taxes and pickles may apply.)

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
The way the hinge sits is so weird, it looks as if you could lay it out completely flat whereas the 3ds cannot open horizontally as the hinges sit on top of the bottom half rather than protrude.

Also the cameras are on the hinge and back of the bottom half...
Now it's even more likely to accidentally snap nudes while sitting on the toilet...

D

Deleted User

Ok then, hopefully Nintendo hasn't added too much stability
I always though that companies did really add Stability but i guess not...
3DS is stable enough, yet it needs to be even more stable :^) [Guess that's a Nintendo thing without saying 'We patched OoTHax, update now111']

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Speak for yourself space cowboy.
I wanted a cheap alternative of New 3DS for a long time and now it became a thing.

This looks like a better NEW 3DS tbh only difference is that it doesnt have 3D.

But then again i really liked the N3DS White Button Colours incomparison to these new 2ds xl version ones

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, I haven't really tested actual mah but ye paid full price a month later discounts...