1. jupitteer

jupitteer coke gaming

Antarctica
    That depends on you. The n2ds costs less. It has a sd card slot that is easily accessed. However, it also comes on 11.4. It depends on what you're looking for.

2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    I don't like how the top part looks like a Smartphone :/
    well the 2DS never really pleased me :v (and made me angry because it disturbed the zelda ALBW development lol)
    and the one that could make me think different never arrived :T lol
    Why call it Xl if there aren't a " normal size" version? :v

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The o2DS is the normal sized version. I know, it's not the same thing, but it's not just about differentiating between sizes. It's also an easy way for people to tell that it's a larger sized console than normal without looking at dimensions or pictures. Dimensions don't tell the whole story, and pictures can be misleading.

Sliter likes this.
  4. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    I actually played in one and with my E.T. fingers (lol) it's actually felt comfortable than I expected XD
    the console itself was nice to use but I don't liked the way it was lauched, like
    NoA: hey, Iwata must be sleeping now (he was alive that time...), Let's annouce it now!
    Iwata in the morning seeing the notice: NANISORE!?
    (one joke some friends told about haha )
    I mean, the developers of Zelda ALBW don't even knew it was going to me released, and it had to change an important plaling feature of the game so it could be playable in 2D... in other words, a downgrade of the console, what sounds kinda sad, like that " wii family edition" (without GC compatibility) or the Wii mini, that where exclusively western nintendo models, even the o2DS almost haven't went to japan!
    (A good thing is that theoretically it made the console more accessible... not a reality here in brazil that it still coust more than an oDS because it's "the newer model than it" =3=)

Second is that the o2DS is a peculiar 3DS, it isn't an 3DS and it's isn't a even a DS! (Another joke, because the thing about it having one a large screen actually hahh) at least the n2DS is a DS now :rofl:

5. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    On this newest one, you do not need a screwdriver to reach the microSD card, so I would say it is better. I am waiting for better colors, and a slightly easier CFW installation method (preferably one that does not require me to buy an additional component).

6. ponygals

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah I see.

7. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Having played with one (Pokemon Yellow), I can say I both like/dislike it.

Pros:
    - clamshell format protects your screen (I can see tossing the system into a purse and forgetting about it)
    - buttons feel decent (the triggers don't feel mushy) and they don't click loudly
    - start/select buttons aren't the awful o3DS versions which would get damaged if you pressed them too hard/too long
    - larger screens feel great
    - it feels much lighter than a n3DS XL/o3DS XL, so longer gameplay sessions might be viable!
    - microSD/game cart compartment finally has a built in dust cover (it's a bit tough to open at first, but I guess that will loosen with age)

Cons:
    - front facing camera's positioning is weird (had to finagle it to get a QR code into view)
    - 11.4 firmware makes it a bit more difficult to get cfw onto it
    - the stylus is tiny! Nintendo should have made retractable ones, like those that were available for the o3DS
    - cost - it costs $199.99 + taxes here. That's $225 Canadian - you can get an used n3DS here for $150 on CL if you watch out for good deals.

Also, no choice in colour for us Canadians/USA citizens. We have to either get the "blue/black" ones or that's it! (I still like the n3DS more...)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, Nintendo,